Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Turbo's Journal

Journal Banner
Welcome back to my mind~

Turbo's Journal Statistics
View Turbo's profile
Entries 52 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 28778
Replies Turbo has made 145 comments [view stats]
Comments 243 comments (4.67 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 13 props given to Turbo [who be proppin?]
Buddies 27 buddies
Relation You are not Turbo's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Feb 15, 2008 - 11:10 PM
My Video Games Live review
(A re-post from the thread itself. Link)

Alright. The man himself asked for it, and so I shall report. Here comes my review of Video Games Live, when they were here for two days this month. (7th, and 8th)

It started with a nice medley of all your classic games. From Pong, to frogger, joust, galaga, centipede and even dig-dug. All played in tune to the big projection screen showing footage from each game. Fast Forward.. Solid Snake surprises us by introducing Tommy. Tommy comes out, talks a little about VGL, the 'world''s thoughts on game music in general and how it's now starting to be noticed and considered as real music; not just 'bleeps and bloops from a game'. Onwards, Metal Gear Solid theme, your good 'ol Mario, Zelda, and even sonic had their music played. Civilization, WoW, Starcraft 2, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy (was there any doubt?) Beyond Good and Evil (as a tribute to our local Ubi-Soft devs) Graet preformance, great selection (except for no castlevania )

In between a couple of songs, contests were held. The first being one guy was picked to play Galaga and beat the first stage in two minutes. Sounds easy ne? Not so, when as you were on stage, you had to run left and right to control the ship. You were being tracked. Hilarity. He couldn't get it. What was funnier was the player was french and had to use a translator to talk to Tommy.

Contest two, was a game of frogger between two randomly selected people. Highest score wins in 2 mins. (Frederic and Frederic. What were the chances of that :P) Frederic won, got a nice prize. The looser got frogger.

Intermission. (which in itself was great. I finally found a use for pictochat. So many DS's)

Act 2. More music. Tommy brought out Michael Salvatori (Halo music composer) and he spoke about how lots of people thought that the chanting you hear in the main theme were monks.. Wrong. It was M.Salvatori himself, along with a few other street performers. Halo music was played. (Didn't know Tommy played Guitar. That was rad!) Fast Forward some more.

Special Guest was introduced. The Video Game Pianist He played a really kick-ass Medley from Final Fantasy. Then graced us with some blindfolded mario.

2 hours later.. Best part.
Tommy: "So, usually when it comes time for the last song, in a normal concert, people would pull out their lighters and wave them around. But we're all gamers here. Lets see those DS's and PSP's! If they boot up quick enough!"

All those backlights sure lit up the theater. It was pretty neat. End song was of course One Winged Angel. More guitar playing by Tommy. And with that, the show ended.

Afterwards, the meet and greet. Bought a T-shirt. Got it signed by M.Salvatori, Leung, and Tommy. Heh, told him I was from here. He remembered me. We spoke for a bit, snapped a picture (Which is crazy lol. my expression is priceless) and then I left.

What a crazy fun night that was. It surpassed my expectations a hundred fold, and I do urge anyone that gets the chance to go, to go. Don't wait for the last moment to get tickets. Get them ASAP. It'll surely be a night you'll remember for a long time. (And say you're from GFF too :P)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 thoughts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #27 of 52]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Turbo's Journal