Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal

Stuff.

Rockgamer's Journal Statistics
View Rockgamer's profile
Entries 386 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 136357
Replies Rockgamer has made 3260 comments [view stats]
Comments 2827 comments (7.32 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 83 props given to Rockgamer [who be proppin?]
Buddies 40 buddies
Relation You are not Rockgamer's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Nov 24, 2011 - 11:48 PM
Brushing off the cobwebs
I've only made one journal entry in the last year. I guess this is me fixing that.

It's not that I haven't had anything to talk about, it's just that I discovered the magic of Twitter. Because you know, it takes much less effort to bitch about something when you're limited to 140 characters. So instead of writing long-winded opinions of shitty TV shows, I can write short, concise opinions...about shitty TV shows.

What else is there worth mentioning? Hmm, let's see. My PS3 died again, but this time it wasn't caused by watching a shitty movie on blu-ray! I had it on in anticipation of doing something, but it just died before I actually could do anything. My sister was playing that terrible Atelier Rorona game earlier in the day, so I like to blame that just to make her feel guilty sometimes.

I wasn't going to pay Sony damn near $200 just to send me yet another refurbished unit, so I went to a local repair shop who said they could do it for $100. They tried for like three days, but they still couldn't get the damn thing to work. There was some problem with the video emulator or something like that. At least they were able to get it to work in 1-2 minute spurts, so I've been able to get my save data off of the thing before I replace it.

This happened over the summer, so I've been without a console for the better part of four months now. I purposely decided to wait since I knew there would be some better deals around now (Black Friday), and I knew there wasn't anything coming out in that time that I had to play. So now I'm getting the PS3 Holiday Bundle, which comes with a slim, the new Ratchet & Clank game (which I would have bought eventually anyway) and LittleBigPlanet 2: Special Edition (I already have the normal game, but at least this way I get Move DLC for free) all for $200. Even though I'll miss that backwards compatibility (we still have a PS2 though, so it was never a necessity), this definitely seemed like a better option than taking another crapshoot on a refurbished 60GB unit (apparently I just don't have good luck with those).

And with that, I have doubled my total number entries made within the last year.

I've still been lurking around here the whole time, so I think I'm pretty up-to-date with all the crazy GFF shenanigans. But please, someone tell me what's been going on around here anyway. Preferably in 140 characters or less.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 agents)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #386 of 386]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Rockgamer's Journal