Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal

Journal Banner
This cacophony of commie buzz words and simplistic, condescending communist ideals both offends me as an American, and as a music listener. Should’ve been called Red Side Of the Moon.

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal Statistics
View Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s profile
Entries 744 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 290867
Replies Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline. has made 1541 comments [view stats]
Comments 2795 comments (3.76 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 617 props given to Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline. [who be proppin?]
Buddies 34 buddies
Relation You are not Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries [Viewing Single Entry]
Jun 25, 2013 - 08:20 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3
Hello.

I mentioned this to a few others, but I thought I'd dump a bit of thought out in here.

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING HARD.

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 is a patch to the original PSX game (there's also a War of the Lions patch as well for those with a desire to play the "superior" version). It's not just a hard mode, which is generally what game hacks are, but also a rebalancing of the entire job system. With the small amount of time I've put in so far each job seems to have been tweaked by a significant amount making some much more interesting than before.

Archer, for instance, has been completely reworked. Instead of a list of Charge X moves, which were mostly worthless, the job has a list of tactical moves like one that interrupts an enemy's move that requires charging. That mage casting a potentially lethal hit will have their move disrupted. Another major tweak was the %s, nerfing the broken moves and boosting others that were too risky to ever cast. I remember White Mage's buffs being absolutely pointless to cast because they missed constantly, but now the buffs are more reliable. There's just so much changed that it really does feel like a new game.

Now, from what I read, it looked like the game went from a few broken classes to every job being broken, but the mere fact that the AI fights and story fights have been tiered up and given access to these types of moves the experience has become extremely challenging. I'm at the first Dorter City fight, which is the third story fight after the prologue, and I just get my ass handed to me every time. I went from an FFT grinder, trying to simply master every job, to a complete novice with very little understanding of the gameplay.

I feel like this patch really exposes the potential the game had in regard to challenge and depth of gameplay by simply tweaking the jobs and the enemy stats. I really recommend this, especially if you love pain.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 tsaritsas)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #721 of 744]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.'s Journal