Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK [size=5]FUCK[/size]

wvlfpvp's Journal Statistics
View wvlfpvp's profile
Entries 719 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 4 entries are private (0.56% of total)
Views 310630
Replies wvlfpvp has made 2198 comments [view stats]
Comments 1993 comments (2.77 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 440 props given to wvlfpvp [who be proppin?]
Buddies 100 buddies
Relation You are not wvlfpvp's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Feb 7, 2014 - 03:23 PM
The OTHER Disney game remake of 2013
This won't be all "bells and whistle-y," since I haven't played past the first 3 worlds, but here we go: last year, Disney/SEGA re-released Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse, a very VERY early title from the Genesis that was an exceedingly competent platformer (I honestly think the SEGA Disney games rival the Capcom ones in quality), if a bit on the easy side. I dunno if this is more overlooked because it came out at a time before a lot of folks had a Genesis, since it's well before Sonic. They took the old game, and, much like Ducktales Remastered, spruced it up. In this case, they made the game 2.5D, with different sidescrolling paths occasionally doubling back into the foreground and background (and occasional 3rd person 3D sections, like... well... practically every platformer you've played since the shift to 3D), as well as futzing with some of the areas themselves. Controls are fantastically solid, and for once, the oldschool game controls better with the control stick than the D-pad (and I realize I'm saying this in regards to the 360, but I imagine they'd hold up on the PS3 with its more serviceable D-pad as well).

My one major complaint is that, while the remixed music is quite good (hell, some of it even holds up better than virt's work on the other) and you're given an option before starting to play with the Genesis OST, the option doesn't pan out very well... the classic music is mixed WAY down, so the SFX that are more evenly leveled in the modern version stick out like a sore thumb, especially if you turn the game up to actually HEAR the Genesis stuff. Funny that my "major" complaint isn't really as such.

Also, there's a narrator, and it's awesome. Not quite at Bastion level, but.

Here's a vid with the music from the Enchanted Forest:
YouTube Video

I'm holding out that they'll remake the sequel where they added Donald and there's essentially 3 paths through the game (one for Mickey, one for Donald, and one for co-op). Loved playing that one as a kid.

Response entries:
Grant Kirkhope. by wvlfpvp

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #695]

Jan 21, 2014 - 12:11 PM
So, Berserk (SPOILERS)
Holy fucking shit. I don't know how long it's been since there's been a character I've wanted to see dead as bad as Phemt. Lots of places are all "The Eclipse will make you Brain Bleach." No. The Eclipse cemented in my head that Griffith (who is actually MORE horrifying reincarnated than in his God Hand form) needs to be ended.

I'm also making a conscious choice to never watch the new movies, because I don't think I can handle the Eclipse in motion. Violence, I can deal with, but I already had a brain shut-down watching a rape scene in Irreversible, and I'd rather not go through that again.

Now as long as Miura gets things in motion so the series can plz hiatus end nao instead of after your short story is finished publishing.

Response entries:
Wvlf thinks that rape is a cool literary device by Sarag

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (14 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #694]

Jan 15, 2014 - 03:30 PM
Picture taken at work
Response to: Picture taken at work by RacinReaver

Except, since my work is in theatre, it's more of a "picture while a show's going on," so here's a men's chorus shot from The Mikado.

WARNING: I HAVE HAIR. Just right of center (almost typed "left" there, since I'm thinking stage directions)

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #693]

Jan 13, 2014 - 10:17 AM
Fuck yes Renge you are the best
YouTube Video

So yeah, Non Non Biyori was p. much fantastic anime from last season.

Y'all were just too busy with AWESOME (Attack on Titan) to keep up with TOTES ADORBS.

TOTES MCGOTES.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [4] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #692]

Nov 15, 2013 - 04:00 PM
GAMINGFORCE: A GIFT!
Hey remember the first time we tried Karaoke? Guess who still has the mp3s.

Listen to Diss singing "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" and other fun stuff

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #691]

Oct 23, 2013 - 02:42 PM
Games to remember come BSC next year also further GRE
Mega Man II (GB NOTICE THE ROMAN NUMERAL)
7th Saga (horribly broken game, some interesting music tho)
Ihatovo Monogatari (wow this SNES game music also most random (and I'll prolly never play) therefore necessitating this list)
Skyblazer

Got a 4.5 on the writing part, even though I was cut off as I was discussing Godwin's Law which totally had a point that I didn't even get to.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #690]

Aug 27, 2013 - 09:10 AM
I the GRE
I the 165 Verbal 161 Quantitative.

Will be interesting seeing how they liked my occasional ramblefest analytical writing.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #689]

Aug 7, 2013 - 09:24 PM
wvlf's awesome dinner (from last night no pics)
OK SO HERE"S WHAT YOU DO
STEP ONE: Have a steamer
STEP TWO: get a microwave safe plastic dish
STEP THREE: put a raw chicken thigh (boneless-skinless) in said dish (5-8 oz)
STEP FOUR: Get some cajun seasoning. season chicken to taste.
STEP FIVE: Drain a small can of cut green beans, pour beans over chicken. Season beans with something like Mrs. Dash Table Blend (it's what I used)
STEP SIX: Get a can of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Broccoli Cheese with Potato soup. Pour over everything.
STEP SEVEN: stir lightly.
STEP EIGHT: Cover dish well with plastic wrap.
STEP NINE: Put in steamer, cook 1.5-2 hours. (The soup keeps the chicken from drying out during this cook time).
STEP TEN: ??? (This step makes this all taste even better)
STEP ELEVEN: remove dish from steamer, remove plastic wrap (taking care to avoid burns (I love when microwave directions tell you this)). Stir lightly.

The food will look like total ass, but it's fucking delicious. I actually used a bigger can of green beans (14.5 oz), but the flavor was slightly more prominent than it needed to be, so I'd cut back on those.

Currently Playing: Not even doing the underpants gnome thing

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #688]

Aug 3, 2013 - 10:41 AM
Further thoughts
Response to: First Thoughts on Balance & Ruin by wvlfpvp

Way too much in the way of wub-wub-wub that obliterates the rest of the song (Strader actually makes a track I enjoy for once (thank god it's not metal) and it has wub in it, but it's not really the focus when it happens).

Also, the best po! track in a while is on it. River of sine waves is fucking fantastic.

Jose the Bronx Rican continues to not impress.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #687]

Aug 2, 2013 - 03:44 PM
First Thoughts on Balance & Ruin
Holy shit virt totally just made up for the awful before and after.

Response entries:
Further thoughts by wvlfpvp

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 hurbls)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #686]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
wvlfpvp's Journal