Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal

Journal Banner
INSERT SELF-ADVERTISEMENT HERE.

Chao_Zero's Journal Statistics
View Chao_Zero's profile
Entries 290 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 58 entries are private (20% of total)
Views 80198
Replies Chao_Zero has made 377 comments [view stats]
Comments 731 comments (2.52 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 44 props given to Chao_Zero [who be proppin?]
Buddies 8 buddies
Relation You are not Chao_Zero's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Apr 14, 2015 - 08:04 PM
Urpdat Time
Well, it's been a little while, so I'll keep these updates as brief as possible.
  • Met someone through a mutual friend. Started developing feelings for her after a couple of months. It's kind of frustrating, seeing as how I didn't plan on getting involved with anyone anytime soon. Haven't outwardly said anything yet, but I'm still trying to sort shit out for myself. I need to get this depression under control, as well as move out and get back into the workforce. I may already have the work thing done, but that's another point.
  • Released a new album. This one's huge, clocking in at 43 songs and a little over 3 hours. I figured I'd take a page from a buddy of mine's book and sell it for $1.00 CAD, under something called "The Platinum Project", which was started by his band, Exes for Eyes, to promote their latest album, "Tongues Like Figure Eights". My album, though, is called "|PEOPLE|". It's basically a concept album inspired by people I've met, interacted with, and witnessed during the past decade. I had a hard enough time cutting the list down to 43 songs, there was no way in hell I was going to be able to narrow it down to the more conventional number of 10 songs. So far, I've only seen a dude from Russia purchase it, but then again, I've only just released it. Also, I'm pretty much unknown, so there's that. If you like progressive metal with electronic and ambient flavoring, you can check it out here: Bandcamp
  • I've been commissioned to write music for a game currently in development. Pretty excited about that. I can't wait until it gets far enough into development to get official press releases and such, as I'm pretty much bursting at the seams about it. I haven't been explicitly bonded to an NDA, but I figure I should play it safe, anyway. Most games, as far as I've noticed, are usually pretty far into development before any info is released. Either way, I am amazed that I was able to get such a job, as it always felt like a pipe-dream to me. Sure it lacks the security of a regular 9-5 job, but my foot is now in the door in the industry. Also, if the game does really well, that could mean really good news for me. Going into it with cautious optimism, though. We'll see how this unfolds.

That's all for now. Here's hoping 2015 keeps turning out to be a much better year than 2014, though it's already miles ahead.

Currently Playing: Jakub Zytecki - Wishful Lotus Proof

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #232]

Oct 31, 2014 - 08:07 PM
I like punishment, I guess. (Album + Life Update)
So, at last count, my ambitious new album that I'm working on, "|PEOPLE|", has approximately 40 songs.
I have roughly half of them completed. Well, it sure beats the hell out of laying in bed all day, unable to work.

Also, have any of you guys had a seizure? I ask because the other day my muscle spasms actually got to the point of being painful. That's how forceful they were. The main incident was when I was laying down in one of those hammock-style chairs. First, my neck violently jerked my head to the right (I think), and then my lower jaw shot up, causing me to bite into my tongue in the process.
I brought this up with the doctor, and she asked me if I had a seizure. I told her I had no idea, so then she asked me if I fell. See, that's the thing, I was already laying down. Nobody else was in the house to witness it, so I have no idea. It felt like it was over as soon as it started, so I honestly have no idea if I had suffered a seizure, and I think I was conscious during the incident, though I've been drifting in and out of consciousness so often that it's hard to tell.
My tongue's now fine, by the way, albeit a little sore. Luckily I didn't bite through my tongue.

Also, I've now been single for about two months. For whatever reason, she refused to tell me why she decided to end things. Lovely end to a 5-year relationship, eh?
I think that's what bothers me the most, though, that she never gave me a reason. Hell, she could have went and got knocked up by some other dude for all I know. But even if that were the reason, I'd feel less animosity towards her if she just told me.
Luckily, I'm keeping the cats. She never took care of them anyway, so it makes sense.
Most of my friends and family are relieved, though. They always thought she was toxic. I can't really say, to be honest. After all the things we've been through, I stayed by her side. Maybe I was oblivious to it, or maybe I just kept telling myself that I was still in love with her so much that I believed it.
I'm mostly moved on from it. Even if she were to change her mind, there's no way I'm taking her back, not this time. When you go through this same scene 5 to 7 times, you eventually reach a point where you've had enough.
I know I'm not fully over it yet, though, because I've yet to accept the fact that I may never find out the reason and let go.
Meh, someday.

Right now I just have to figure out how to generate some income, as I have no more employment insurance benefits.

BUT.

Other than that, I am pleased with how my album's coming along.

Currently Playing: Skyharbor - Celestial

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #231]

Oct 10, 2014 - 01:59 AM
The Most Satisfying Headshot Sound
So, those who play/have played Destiny will know about this.
Doing a headshot on a Cabal enemy just sounds magnificent.
(I'd link to a video, but I can't find any that do the sound justice.)

It's like a loud pop mixed with a crisp crunching sound, followed by a minute hissing. It has a sort of punch to it, a weightiness. It really makes getting a headshot on them much more satisfying.

Fuck those Psion enemies, though. They're like Halo's Jackals, except much more annoying.

That is all, return to whatever counts as a normal activity at this time of night/day.
It's 3:58 AM here. Can't sleep. Stupid sleep apnea. Fuck it so hard.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #230]

Oct 2, 2014 - 12:16 AM
Forza Horizon 2
So, the new Forza Horizon 2 game came out recently, and I’ve been loving it. That said, I do have one major complaint about it.
I don’t know if the issue exists on other vehicles in the game, but I noticed that either there’s flipped polygons or the mesh isn’t completed properly on the Chevrolet Bel-Air 1957. I say this because while driving and in photo mode, there is a rectangular hole in the shadow that’s being cast in the back of the car that shouldn’t be there.?This pisses me off as it’s not the first time I’ve noticed shit like this. In Forza Motorsport 5, the entire fucking back end of the Acura RSX 2002 is either flipped or incomplete.
This company, Turn 10, was touted as having an obsessive amount of dedication to car detail, but it’s flaws like this that bug me.
Is it wrong for me to be pissed about this kind of stuff? I mean, it’s not too difficult to fix these errors. Whether it would affect the enveloping/rigging/object-parenting, I don’t know. All I can speak for is the modeling process, since I am a 3D modeler.
It’s just that visuals are a strong feature in this type of game, and when you have errors like that, it distracts you from experiencing the game.
I actually avoid using any car that has errors like this, as I find it too distracting.
I love FH2 and FM5, they’re both incredibly fun. But these visual hiccups, man.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #229]

Sep 28, 2014 - 03:41 AM
Writing is some hard shit, yo.
So, on some sort of urge, I went back to deviantArt and re-read some of the old stories I was writing way back when.
One story in particular frustrates the hell out of me, as I did a good job establishing the tone and setting, but the dialogue and action is fucking cringe-worthy. I wrote it back when I was heavily into anime, and it shows. The lack of maturity in the writing embarrasses me to no end.
One day I'll rewrite it. Maybe come up with a better title while I'm at it.

If you feel so inclined, the story can be found here.

A word of caution: You may will need copious amounts of alcohol to get through it.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #228]

Sep 7, 2014 - 11:36 PM
Tomorrow, Everybody Becomes Legend
Hoping my Destiny pre-order from Amazon arrives on schedule. Amazon's tracking doesn't even have it listed as shipped, so naturally I'm anxious. I know they sometimes update late, that's a given, but still.
I paid for launch day delivery, dammit.

In other news, got another song done. Really happy with the guitar solo tone I managed to put together on this one.

"|SAMANTHA|", from my upcoming concept album, "|PEOPLE|"

In other other news, I managed to get more in-depth into The Sims 4 and found a few more interesting things. Will report back later.

Currently Playing: Chaokaze - |SAMANTHA|

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #227]

Sep 2, 2014 - 07:47 PM
The Sims 4: First Impressions
This is gonna be somewhat long and picture-heavy, so I'll put it in spoilers.
EDIT: Never mind. Still leaving them in the spoiler, though.
Spoiler:

The Sims 4
First Impressions

So, The Sims 4 launched today, and I was pretty eager to check it out. I had pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game, so I didn't have to worry about waiting very long. Unfortunately, the game's kind of a mixed bag.

Create-a-Sim
(Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots for this section, as the current build of the game doesn't allow screen-capture for the CAS area. One minor letdown.)
When they were advertising the game as having a much more in-depth character creation system, they weren't kidding around. When it comes to physically sculpting your characters, the new CAS is miles ahead of the CAS of the previous iteration. It's also much easier to create characters of different ethnicities. I tried creating a family of 8 different ethnicities/regions in the demo and managed white/black/Chinese/Japanese(2)/Korean/Indian/Native American. Couldn't quite get Filipino right, at least not to the point that I could call the character that with confidence. Then again, the only two visual representations of Filipino that I could remember at the time were Mark Halcomb (of Periphery fame) and Chouzuki Maryou (Japanese/Filipino descent, ero-cosplay model). But I digress, and have just given away too much info about my browsing. Oh well.(Have yet to try other ethnicities yet.)
ANYWAY.
The in-depth character creation system does come with a sacrifice, though. Namely, the ability to customize outfit colors. Where TS3 allowed you to use a color wheel to choose a color, you only get a few pre-set color schemes this time around. Kind of bummed about that, to be honest.

Build Mode
Let's get one thing straight: I don't give two shits that pools are not in the base game this time around. While they do make a house look better, my characters rarely used them, so no big deal. Anyway, long story short? Over-all, Build Mode is a step above the previous iteration. Here's a list of some of the things I've noticed so far that I like about it:
  • Pre-set room designs, and the ability to create and save your own.
    Wall-lights and certain wall decoration items can now be stacked, occupying the same vertical column as long as there is room.
    Adjustable window height position.
    Overhang accents. I forget exactly what they're called, but kind of like fancy awning-like accents.
    Adjustable wall heights.
Here's some examples of the first house I've built:
First Build:

I've...never seen anyone position their tower like that. It's not even plugged in, what the fuck.

"Gameplay"

Playing the game, if you're just into directing your characters throughout their lives, should feel on par with what you'd expect. The one thing you'll notice right away is how much more believable the Sims are in their motions, emotions, etc. Well, they better fucking be, EA based the whole advertising campaign around the new "emotions".
But yeah, they have subtle little movements that make them seem more alive and real. Well, minus the walking styles available from the CAS menu. Those are cartoony as fuck. The fact that Sims can now multitask also adds to the realism. Wanna talk to someone while eating? Playing games? Cooking? They can do all that now, and then some. No longer do you get these robotic transitions between activities, it all flows together quite nicely.

That said? This game is a major fucking cock-tease to those who would aspire to make machinima or more natural photographs. By that, I mean that there are key features missing, and it is frustrating.
First, let's talk about camera control. By default, you can only rotate on a horizontal axis, zoom in/out, and switch to "Top-Down View". Forget about pitch control, it isn't happening. You can switch it to TS3-style camera in the Game Options, but while that allows for pitch control via clicking the middle mouse button, you still cannot move the camera up or down freely. Or if you can, I haven't figured out how yet. Secondly, the input command to turn off the overhead effects, like the speech bubbles and Plumbobs, is buggy, only working about half the time. It is a major disappointment, as I'm not too fond of having those in my shots. They're good when you want to make up a funny conversation on the spot, like in the GFF Meet Sims 3 shoots that were done in previous years, but for natural-type shots, they're a nuisance.

In all? The game's ok. Not great by any stretch, but ok. At least it didn't release in the form of an unplayable complete mess like other EA games that I could mention. I'm talking to you, Battlefield 4 and SimCity.

And with that, I'll leave you with some shots of the game in action.

This one's a giggly motherfucker. I'd make a comment about how she looks high as fuck, but that feels inappropriate somehow.

Grilled cheese sandwich? FUCK YES.

Jesus, that's terrifying.

Look at this motherfucker, being all smooth n' shit.

Oh god, cellphone selfies have made it in.

"Wow, you look like shit."

"Are you picking your nose?"

"Hmmm...texture's a little viscous."

[center]
"Don't look at me, I didn't invite her!"
These two were bitching at each other at the bar. Sucks that I only caught the tail-end of it.

OH GODDAMMIT.

Currently Playing: The Panic Division - Lifeline

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #226]

Aug 3, 2014 - 07:37 PM
BIOS systems, how do they work.
Well, I'm lucky my GIGABYTE-brand motherboard has dual-BIOS, or I'd be even more fucked.

For some strange reason, the main BIOS keeps getting corrupted. It's starting to look like I'm gonna have to flash the BIOS to update it, though I hear that could be a risky decision.
Not even sure what the problem is, as the settings have never been changed, as I've opted for a more stable system as opposed to overclocking the motherboard.

Well, it could be worse. It would be if I had just a single BIOS motherboard.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #225]

Jul 18, 2014 - 12:29 PM
Fuck Sleep Apnea (+ More Music)
So, apparently it'll be about 3 more months of this before I get an appointment at the sleep clinic to get a machine to help me breathe at night. Hopefully I don't get much more brain damage within the next 3 months. :P
I was diagnosed with severe central sleep apnea, which is the reason my nervous system has been so shit lately.
The short story: My idiot brain isn't making my airways open enough, so I'm not taking in enough oxygen. That would also explain the constant sleepiness and memory loss. Thank god it's only short term memory that seems to be affected.

Anyway, more music! This was originally going to be on my "Japan Terminus" album, but it didn't seem to mesh with the other songs too well. Therefore, I took it out of the final tracklist.

Thinking of releasing it as a stand-alone single, but not sure yet.
If you want to give it a listen, just click here.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 echelons)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #224]

Jun 22, 2014 - 08:19 AM
Next music project, er, projects. (Also, any metal vocalists around?)
So right now I'm writing new material for "|PEOPLE|", which will be my next album. Basically, it's a concept album inspired by the people I've been surrounded by and inspired by throughout my life.

I'm also going to redo my first two albums, which won't really take too long, as the material is already written. The priority between these two albums lies with the one called "NUMBERS".

ORIGINAL RELEASE: December 17th, 2013
GENRE: Progressive Metal, Electronic, Ambient, World, Soundtrack

TRACKLIST:
1. Five Minutes to Midnight
2. A Drone Too Far
3. Targeted
4. Four Minutes to Midnight
5. Red Star Warning
6. Not by Choice
7. Three Minutes to Midnight
8. The Senkaku Incident
9. Two Minutes to Midnight
10. Totalitarian
11. One Minute to Midnight
12. Red Star Falling
13. Hiroshima Current (Black Rain)
14. Midnight
15. Black Dawn
16. Fade Into Snow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLOT: This album tells the story of a hypothetical chain of events that lead to global nuclear war and ultimately, our demise.
Fun Fact: Both ESCAPE and NUMBERS are part of the same story, with ESCAPE being first in the sequence. Though they are completely different in tone and subject matter, they are tied together. I don't want to spoil it, but basically I want the listener to walk away with a mindfuck after hearing both albums.
I'm shit at telling a story through literature, but maybe I'm better at it through music.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to get vocals done for this as well, but my singing is pretty shit, and my screaming vocals are laughably weak. Maybe I'll find someone willing to contribute? :P

I realize that my "ESCAPE" album has more of a summer feel to it, but I'd rather work on "NUMBERS".

Also, this will be the cover for the updated album, which I drew before my nerves went completely to shit. I'm happy with it.

EDIT: Fuck forgot the link. You can hear the current iteration of NUMBERS here: NUMBERS (Instrumental)

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #223]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chao_Zero's Journal