Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Griffin's Journal

The_Griffin's Journal Statistics
View The_Griffin's profile
Entries 39 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 18043
Replies The_Griffin has made 61 comments [view stats]
Comments 118 comments (3.03 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 10 props given to The_Griffin [who be proppin?]
Buddies 5 buddies
Relation You are not The_Griffin's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Jun 10, 2008 - 12:46 AM
cancel that panic
Bitch just got finished. Now to go play TF2 in celebration. With any luck my anthropology prof will tell me to just skip the final Thursday since I'll be finishing with an A no matter what.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #39]

Jun 9, 2008 - 10:41 PM
I should be finishing my research paper right now
But god dammit I can't be fucked aaaaaaugh

only have to write ONE more section then flesh out intro and conclusion, write an abstract... god dammit all it's due fucking tomorrow why can't I just get my ass in gear?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #38]

Jun 7, 2008 - 03:45 AM
Jesus... I've never been more scared in my life than I am right now.
http://www.lulznw.com/viewtopic.php?p=8417#p8417
http://forums.enturbulation.org/122-...-member-17123/

So yeah, in case it isn't obvious, I'm one of Anonymous. I've been at every Seattle protest so far, and will be at the June 14th one. I'm browsing around, checking shit out, and then I see that post.

Read it. I'll give you a few moments.

Back? Good.

That scared the ever-living shit out of me. At the first one, I was ready for anything up to and including a full-scale riot. I got an incredibly peaceful protest and met all sorts of people. I attended the March, April, and May protests, and each one was peaceful and uneventful (well, except for some asshole rent-a-cops in May replacing the truly helpful ones we had April). And now, I see that.

Somebody ran up and assaulted a man with no provocation, simply because he was exercising his right to free speech.

And the cops didn't care.

The cops cared more about somebody being "secretly" taped (protip: it ain't a secret if you ask and are told that you're being taped) than a person being punched in the gut.

The cops cared more about waving at somebody in a car than a person trying to steal a digital camera, breaking the casing in the process.

And when somebody dared question the legality of what was happening, the police responded with threats of charges.

I suppose that I shouldn't be so surprised. I'd read reports and seen videos of countless similar tactics used against critics of Scientology, but never had it been in Seattle. "The Seattle org is timid and small, they won't try anything," I thought to myself. The places where it was happening were the big centers. L.A., New York City, Clearwater. That was where the action was.

Every time I go to a protest, there's a niggling thought in the back of my head. It's doubt. It's a fear that this one will be when shit hits the fan, that this one is where I'll be followed home and fair gamed, that this one is when something will go wrong, and I'll wind up hospitalized or dead. No, that's not an irrational fear, either; the building where every protest has been held so far is on Aurora Ave., which is more or less a four-lane highway. Nothing but two feet of grass separates the sidewalk from the road, and there are no safety barriers.

And now, one of my worst fears has been confirmed. If/when something does go wrong, I can't count on the police to respond appropriately. Yeah, there's been dozens of stories of police abuse, but it's never struck so close to home. I knew two of the people at that raid. I don't know their names, but I've seen 'em unmasked, and they've seen me the same way. For a group that only knows each other by their disguises and the sound of their voice, it's pretty damn intimate.

I suppose I could quit. I could stop protesting, leave the disguise in a dumpster, and get on with my life. But I won't. I'm not going to, because that's what Scientology wants me to do. They want me to ignore their humans rights abuses and the exploitation of their followers, and chuckle as I hear Tom Cruise and think "Oh, he so siwwy, what will he do next?" No, I'm in for the long haul.

So yeah, I suppose I just needed to vent the righteous indignation and outrage I'm feeling, along with the fear. I don't much like to bring in shit like that to GFF, though. Partly because I want to avoid a ban/ridicule, and partly because I don't want to give Scientology another potential lead on who I am (yeah, I know, paranoid), but mostly because I trust this place and the people in it. I've been here longer than any other community, going on 7 years, and I trust that people here don't really need to know why they should avoid Scientology, and I respect that they don't want my views shoved in their face. I just hope this is the last time I have to write like this.

That niggling feeling, though, is telling me it won't be.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #37]

Feb 18, 2008 - 05:11 AM
February 18th
So it's President's Day, and in approximately 2 hours 5 minutes from typing this sentence, I will be 21.

I can buy alcohol now. I can do more or less whatever the fuck I want, so long as it's legal. I'm an adult now, with all the rights and privileges inherent in adulthood.

Y'know, it's funny. The more I think about it, the more I agree with the drinking limit. When I was 18, I was an irresponsible little prick. I did whatever the fuck I could to be as lazy as possible, I was going emo over losing my first girlfriend (That's right, motherfuckers. I've been single for 18 years. Best part is that it was a long-distance relationship from day 1 to the end), and generally I was... well, still a kid. Sure, I puffed my chest out and got indignant when people said "Dude, you're not an adult," but the truth is they were right. And most of all, I know that I did not view alcohol with anywhere near the wariness I do now. And I have a DAMN good reason for being wary of alcohol. My entire family has alcoholism running in them. The only reason my dad wasn't an alcoholic is because he was too damn poor to support the habit, but if he went to a bar, he did not leave until he was falling-down drunk. My mother's family was the same way, too. By the time my dad could support a habit, he'd already grown up. He had a daughter to take care of, a job to maintain, and a life.

Still, I dunno. I still feel as if I'm lagging behind everybody. At the age of 21, I'm doing shit that people at the age of 18 have done. As I mentioned before, I've been single until a few years ago, in a relationship that ended disastrously. Hell, I still live with my parents, for fuck's sake. I'm only just now seriously pursuing a degree in a four-year college, and I still have to worry about finishing credits in the community college I'm attending so I can get a transfer degree. The second my sister graduated, she was off to California, to study at Caltech, while the rest of the family moved down to the shithole of Tampa Bay, Florida.

Bah. Ultimately doesn't matter. I'm making a decent living working part-time for Pizza Hut, and I'm going to be moving out soon, and hell, worst comes to worst in terms of love, I'll either turn gay or just stay single. It's not like the family line's depending on me to have a kid or anything.

Hmph... I hate how birthdays make you all introspective and shit. Won't stop me from getting smashed outta my gourd this Saturday, though. Cupcakes & Kegs party for the mother-fucking win.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #36]

Aug 4, 2007 - 02:56 AM
Tips or GTFO
Okay, so today I took a little delivery to this guy. Wasn't too far, maybe 5-6 minute drive. Anyway, I deliver his pizza, and he pays for his 16.34 order with a 20 and asks for change. I give him 3 bucks back ('cause I didn't have enough spare change to give him full amount, and usually they don't bother with it), and he asks if that's it. I say I'm sorry, but I only have 33 cents and show it to him.

Then the guy asks for that. He freakin' asks for 33 cents to ensure I get the smallest tip possible... when the order was delivered early and I give my usual service (which I have never received a single complaint about)

Okay, this is seriously one of my pet peeves. There is literally no reason beyond a massive fuckup on the driver's part to NOT tip them. Think of it this way: We go out, using our own cars (and our own gas), making minimum wage, and making the drives that YOU don't want to. If your house is 10 minutes away from me, and you don't tip (leaving me with the .85 cents' commission I get for each delivery), then I lose money by delivering your pizza.

And let's be honest. If you don't have ENOUGH for a tip, even 2-3 bucks (no matter the size of the order), then you really shouldn't be ordering pizza to begin with. How about you spend that money on some groceries so you DON'T FUGGIN' STARVE?

It just boggles me how much of a dick people are when it comes to tipping. I've taken orders around 60 bucks to a trailer park 10 minutes away (just getting there) and wound up with spare change as a tip. I've delivered pizzas an hour early and gotten a check for exact change and a door slammed in my face (Checks are a WHOLE other can of worms, trust me). I've had people demand free pizza because they opened the door without expecting me there, and got startled (and the lady who did that eventually grabbed her pizza and slammed the door without giving me so much as a penny).

So the next time you order pizza delivered, remember that the person who is bringing your order is not only a human being, but one that's (9 times out of 10) driving their own damn car and wasting their own damn gas, willing to do what you won't: get off your lazy, fat ass and actually DRIVE for 10 minutes.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #35]

Feb 25, 2007 - 12:49 AM
Sudafed Makes Me LOL
Wheee so I got a cold. Went to the doifmjareg DOCTOR yesterday, and he was all like "du-- no SHE was all like "dude it's fine just take some sudafed, robitussin, claritin, and OJ and you'll be FIEN." SO I did.

I popped some PILLZ. Sudafed. SUDEOAIMFSMGAG SUDAFED.

And well asio ntoyn you can see, it makes me LOOPYLOOPYLOOPYLOPPYLOOPY.

Heh... loppy. WTF?

Anyways....[iom aoietmh ]paiemth err... sorry.

I'm hainvig the tiem of me life RIGHT NOW, allllllll HOPPEDC UUP ON SUDAFED.

I think I should get some and take it EVERY FUCKING DAY so that I can be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HJAPPPY!

And no I am NOT amking this shit UP. I serioulsy seriously get this hyper on Sudafed, and I have NO FUFFGIN CLUE WHY. ERR, FUGGIN.

You should see me leg right now. I swear to dog GOD god GOD GOD GODG DOGDGODGODOGDOGODGODOGDGODGODGODGODGODGODGODGO D that seismologists or whatever the hell is the name for the people who are somehow INTERESTED in watching a bunch of wavy lines that tell when OH SNAPS TEH EARTH QUAKES ARE COMING are goign all "WTF" wifgt now... RIGHT now because my LEG is causing TREMORS IN THE EARTH. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOUNCY.

Anywoay. I'm about ot get on WoW. Think I should throw some Giygas quotes into RP out of nowhere? SOudns good to me!

NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NES S SNE NSEN SNENSERNSNENSEN OSIUENFOAWERNO PASN RLKG NAWER[OG NAWR [PAW4NY LO[NRGY ;wkn [
WNG P
;r gy]p
MWR GYPKMqe]
g nRM
r QMRGY [

...Soerrey.

AND SUBMI

EDIT: I FOUND OUT YOUR SECRET INFERNAL AHAHAHAHAHAWHAWHAWHAEOTHMAWTHAWHYAWHAWHAwhawhahaha hahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*insert Fagdor moment where I post ::deleted 'cause NO BANDS FOR ME KKTHXBAI::*

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [6] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (10 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #34]

Feb 18, 2007 - 05:21 AM
I'm too unimportant for my own birthday thread~
So I made a journal entry instead.

Cripes, 20 already. One more year and I'll be able to get plastered without worrying about Johnny Law knockin' on my door.

What makes me pissed though is that the present my mom ordered online (HOPEFULLY the Rocko's Modern Life box set I asked for) probably won't arrive tomorrow. Oh well.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #33]

Nov 27, 2006 - 08:30 PM
The Harry Potter community reaches a new depth of awful.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2841153/1/

OH. DEAR. GOD.

This thing... is the sickest, sickest, most perverted thing ever.

I have screamed into a pillow more in 24 hours than I have in my entire life.

OH DEAR LORD:
Voldemort was pacing back and forth in front of a cowering Wormtail.

“It’s time to go spelunking in the special cave, again,” Voldemort said knowingly.

“But Master, the ‘cave’ is dark and… and…” Wormtail nervously stammered. “It’s unnatural!”

“Nothing about me is natural,” Voldemort hissed at Wormtail’s hesitation. He threw a very small harness, something that would fit onto a rat, at the animagus’ feet. “Now, transform!”

Wormtail quickly changed into his rat-form and the Dark Lord pulled a cardboard tube, similar to the type from a roll of paper towel, out of his robes.

“You better have clipped your nails this time, Wormtail,” Voldemort threatened as he began to turn around. “I was bleeding for days last time!”

The villain reached down and grabbed the string that was attached to Wormtail’s harness. Then, much to Harry and Hermione’s disgust, Voldemort threw off his robes and revealing his deathly pale and boney arse to them. Voldemort positioned the cardboard tube at his bum and it finally became clear what the Dark Lord and Wormtail were about to do.

Harry cringed as Wormtail scampered into the tube, he could hear the rat’s tiny claws scarping on the inside of the tube.

“Oooh that’s it,” Voldemort cooed in a most disturbing manner as Wormtail disappeared from view into the tube. “Who’s been a good Dark Lord?”

Harry’s blood ran cold as he saw Voldemort’s face tighten, and the villain declared, “That’s right! I’ve been a good Dark Lord! A VERY GOOD DARK LORD!” Harry heard Wormtail squeak in pain

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (15 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #32]

Oct 23, 2006 - 07:55 PM
Win.
BEST. COMIC. EVER.

What sealed the deal for me was the fact that I had JUST beat the fifth case (for the third time) as I looked this up.

In other news, I preordered the second Phoenix Wright remake. Japanese version again, obviously. I'll probably wind up buying the American version as a present or something for somebody else. :sneaky:

Also, I'm a bit pumped, because this week, I'm flying down to Las Vegas to meet with a friend I met online. It's gonna be so much fun. I just hope that either Werewolf can be finished before then or I can manage to get internet access so that I can finish up modding the game.

That's about it, though. Mainly just wanted to post about that thread of utter hilarity. =D

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 furverts)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #31]

Oct 8, 2006 - 11:49 PM
Oh, how things have changed.
Damn, it's been forever since I've written in this thing, and it shows. So much has changed since my last post. To start with:

Work. It's gone from bad to worse. Literally everybody in the store I even remotely like has left or turned in their two-weeks' notice, leaving me surrounded by incompetent workers, people I have no interest in, asshole managers that don't give a shit about me, and a complete lack of caring for the store.

The worst part is that we're understaffed right now, especially with drivers. Last night, both managers were delivering, and had called in somebody from another store to manage in their place. What this means is that the request for a cutback of hours that I needed for unimportant stuff like HOMEWORK has gone out the window. For all of 3-4 weeks, I was working 18-20 hours, closing maybe once a week. Not anymore. It's back up to 26-28 hours, closing twice a week, which can bump it up to around 29-30 hours per week actually worked.

It gets worse, too. The managers have lately seemed to become utterly determined to keep me to finish my schedule no matter what. No deliveries? Sweep the floors and do dishes, then.

Oh, but they don't treat other drivers the same way. No less than three times in the past two weeks, has somebody else been sent home early because there were no deliveries while I was kept to complete my shift.

So I'm working nearly 30 hours a week, attending school on top of that, and because of the extra hours, I basically have all of one day out of the entire week where I can do homework. Needless to say, I'm failing my classes.

I've tried to do some stuff to get out of the place, but no dice so far. I've applied at a different Pizza Hut for a transfer, but it was denied because-- you guessed it-- the store I was in was understaffed. Across the table from me right now is an application for Garlic Jim's, a competitor's rivalry chain. They're basically Pizza Hut in terms of hours and closing, but the comission rate is better and I know better than to say I'm available to close on the application this time. I know it's not a good idea to quit a job within a year because it looks bad on my resume, but it's become such a gigantic stress on my life that I seriously don't care any more. I had a fucking nervous breakdown last Friday and had to go home early, for fuck's sake, and nearly had another last night!

Oh, and classes. I tried to get into three classes this semester, but because an asshole teacher wouldn't give me permission, I was stuck taking two. And to be honest... I hate them both so far. I'm taking a course in the basic concepts of physics (which, coincidentally, is the source of the majority of my homework), and... it's absolutely nothing like I thought it would be. Instead of the professor taking an active role in our education (doing his job in other words), he basically sits there and sets us on experiments. Considering that I learn best in a lecture-based environment, this isn't a good thing for me. And naturally, the notes we take suck ass because not a single person there, including me, knows what the fuck we're doing. The only time I was interested in that class was when a substitute teacher came in, and he showed us some fascinating properties of light refraction.

The other class I'm taking is Critical Reasoning. It's basically a sister course to Introduction to Logic, which I took last quarter, which means that every class I've taken so far has been the exact same as the first time around. Hopefully, though, now that we've gotten the first test over with, we'll actually move into some stuff I haven't covered before.

In other news, I've basically lost all time for World of Warcraft. I've hit 60 on my shammy, and I'm at a dead end. I'm trying to save up for my epic mount by playing the auction house, but it's been going slowly so far. On top of that, I'm trying to get into raiding, and no dice, because the group I was running with went on hiatus unexpectedly, and I don't wanna leave the guild I'm in because a) I'm the only leader in it right now and I don't wanna leave a power vacuum, and b) my first true, actual friend, the kind you share your deepest, darkest secrets with, is the guild master right now.

So... yeah. If I could be bothered to go back and read this thing, I'd say something to the effect of "God damn, this shit is fucking emo," and delete it... but it's a pretty accurate reflection of my state right now.

To be honest, if I hadn't found that friend, I doubt I'd be able to make it through without spending some quality time in an insane asylum for either a complete nervous breakdown or a suicide attempt. =\

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #30]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
The_Griffin's Journal