Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chaotic's Journal

Journal Banner
Wow. Another Chocojournal.

Chaotic's Journal Statistics
View Chaotic's profile
Entries 161 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 61708
Replies Chaotic has made 696 comments [view stats]
Comments 547 comments (3.4 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 92 props given to Chaotic [who be proppin?]
Buddies 17 buddies
Relation You are not Chaotic's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
Dec 23, 2006 - 12:27 PM
Eternal Sunshine of the Corrupted Mind
<_<
I just needed a title, IT MEANS NOTHING.

Anyway, no Wii yet, but hopefully after Christmas. As long as I could get it, and play it during my break. That's all that matters. Either way, let's hope Costco gets theirs soon...

Good day today though. Traded presents with some people at school. Typical cards and candy, my most highlighted ones are:

- A Full Metal Alchemist Homonculus Necklace

- Yoshi Island DS

I don't really need a picture for Yoshi Island...

Anyway, I'm excited for this week. Money, and a whole week+ off from school. Meaning I get to sleep in.

But I guess, I should go on a rant to compensate for wasted space on this journal entry.

I hate people who are ignorant in gamers and only look for graphics in a game. I was in Gamespot looking for a used copy of Disgaea 2 for my brother to get me for Christmas. Convincing him NOT to get me a book, and save himself five dollars before I have to get him something equally as expensive. T_T...

Anyway, I saw these two guys playing the XBOX 360 and looking at some Wii stuff.

"Why the hell would you need a wired controller for a wireless system, it's stupid as hell." said the big idiot as he held the Retro controller. If he had any knowledge in gaming... He'd know it was for the Virtual Console section...

As the conversation went on, they came across the Sonic the Hedgehog demo on the 360. Praising how good the graphics were... I couldn't even begin to say anything about it when they couldn't even make Sonic run in a straight line to get a row of rings... Ugh... They couldn't even get halfway towards the stage.

As I continue to wait for my turn, they move onto the next game, which would be Madden 07. Good graphics, but the gameplay isn't as polished as the earlier versions. They made alot of stupid comments while they were playing, but the one that killed me was when they couldn't kick the ball downfield on the opening kick... On screen it CLEARLY says, Right Stick with a downward motion on the radar. Do you think they see it? Nope! They spent a good two minutes hitting the A button, thinking it would do something, and accidently hit it. When the scored a touchdown, they paused for another two minutes trying to figure it out. I doubt they ever did figure it out. Ignorant mofos...

But, I seriously hate ignorant gamers who are blinded from the horrendous gameplay behind the system. Most people would rave for a PS3. Problem is, it's 599 US DOLLARS and there's only ONE good game on it. If you're a sports fanatic, I suppose it's alright, but don't you dare think NBA 07 (Not 2K7) is a good game on the next gen consoles by ANY means. They look plastically as hell, and almost as scary as Chris Kaman in NBA 2K6.

But i'd hit it up retro style any day. Give me weak graphics, and good gameplay, and i'm set for a couple hours. Give me something with top quality graphics, but shitty gameplay, give me that damn disc, i'm selling it at Gamestop.

Ugh... I get too frustrated. I'm gonna play Yoshi Island DS...

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #11]

Dec 20, 2006 - 05:56 PM
Wii're still not sure when they're coming in. T_T
Frustrated. T_T
Now i'm just getting pissed of with the stores here. I swear to you, New Jersey is the worst place to buy things in. When you're the most densely populated state in the country, you know there's gonna be problems.

Anyway, I checked out K-Mart for the Wii there, to my dismay, there weren't any, not because they we're sold out... BUT THEY JUST DIDN'T GET THE SHIPMENT. PERIOD. I swear, it's killing me that I have a ton of places to check for one system... There's three Gamestops, two EB Games, a Target, two Wal-Marts, a K-Mart, a Best Buy, and Toys R Us, AND NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY FUCKING WIIS. IT'S KILLING ME NOW.

So my last possible resort is trying to find them online... But I have my doubts on them also. I should run a last minute check to see if they have any, then maybe cry in my sorrows playing DDR at the arcade.

Wish me luck for finding online... I doubt it though.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #10]

Dec 19, 2006 - 08:11 PM
Another Wii Entry from Chaotic
So the K-Mart in my area is supposed to get Wiis in tomorrow. What are the odds that they're gonna have them available by 4 pm?

I was looking around K-Mart on the intended release day (17th) and no one was really there. The people in the video game section usually consisted of grown adults holding their Christmas wishlist probably not even knowing what the hell PS2 even stood for.

Tomorrow seems to be my only chance, and if the grace of God can live on for 8 hours so I can convince my dad to come with me and get one there, maybe this could be a good year after all. But if not, I will be mad, but what can I do about it?

Ugh... The anticipation is killing me.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (3 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #9]

Dec 18, 2006 - 07:58 PM
WiiShing on a Star T_T
Depressed T_T
Well Naz wanted a status report....

NO FUCKING LUCK.

The only chance I have of getting a Wii this week is at K-Mart. The one in my area ironically didn't receive their shipment and won't be getting it until Wednesday. Problem is, my parents would never let me live it down to miss school just to get a video game system. T_T

Plus, I forget how early K-Mart is opening so I could even bother checking if this is even possible.

But honestly, who goes to K-Mart for video game shopping? Their video game set up consisted of a dusty launch day PS2 with no disc, a black Gamecube playing the Player's Choice demo set, and an XBOX with the original xbox controller still attached to the system. I kid you not that they had the original, huge XBOX controller.

But one thing DID catch my eye there...

The Adventures of Super Mario 3 on DVD.

I haven't seen that set anywhere... Not even at Suncoast or Target or anything... <_<

Anyway, here's hoping I get a Wii before Christmas. I highly doubt it though.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #8]

Dec 17, 2006 - 09:59 AM
Let's hunt Wiis and chew bubble gum!
XD
But I lack gum.

Either way, it's early (10 am is early, dammit) and I'm just about to head out with my parents to go Wii hunting. Since most retail places are supposed to be selling them now. But i'm not going to try and hit those high end places soon anyway... Besy Buy, Wal-Mart, and Gamestop are too obvious of choices.

LET'S GO TO FUCKING K-MART!!

Why not? With Wal-Mart on the scene, who has time to check there?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #7]

Dec 15, 2006 - 11:01 PM
To Wii or not to Wii?
T_T
I desperately want a Wii for Christmas. Problem is I have to help my parents find one for me.

According to all the information floating around the "Interweb", most retail stores aren't allowed to sell them until the 17th. My questions is, is it worth it to go out early just to get one from where I might go?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #6]

Dec 9, 2006 - 10:01 PM
PS3 - Wii = 360
O_O
It's true.

PS3
PS3 - 599 US DOLLARS!
Resistance: Fall of Man - $59.99
Total = $659.98 (not including tax)

Wii
Wii - $249.99
Wii Sports - Available with Wii
Twilight Princess - $49.99
Total - $299.98

$659.98 - PS3 Price
- $299.98 - Wii Price
$360.00 - Pwned.

-----

I have no life.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #5]

Dec 8, 2006 - 10:03 PM
Another Gaming Rant. Directions and Madden <_<
o_O...
[This was a post I made on another board. Mostly my thoughts about how different companies have different views about what next generation gaming means to them and how they plan to execute it out.]

People have different outlooks on what next-gen is supposed to be. For Sony, it's graphics. For Nintendo, it's innovation.

For some people innovation is better than graphics. Because anyone could make a system that uses a controller to play. To make a completely different controller and implement something new into the scene, that's a completely different ball game.

Sure, the Wii isn't a graphics powerhouse, but big deal. Nintendo doesn't think that it's worth focusing on. People would rather have good gameplay over graphics any day. Example, Madden 07. This game has been release numerous times on every console from the GBA to the PS3. According to Gamestop reviews here's where each game stands on each system:

Wii - 8.4
XBOX, PS2, and GC - 8.1
360 and PS3 - 7.9
DS - 7.7
PSP - 7.6
GBA - 6.5

In a way, Nintendo ended up dominating the best football games on both of their systems, console and hand held. According to them, the Wii stuck with the last gen graphics, touched up on it and added new features and freshen up the series. Their mentality was probably the whole: Stick with what's good and improve upon it. It ended up working to their advantage. As for the PS3, in return for amazing graphics, they had to sacrifice some modes, leave a couple of bugs in their version and a couple of awkward animations. Their main focus is graphics, but they had to sacrifice modes to get the result they wanted, leaving gamers a little in the dark since some of those modes were the main feature of that year.

Whichever way each company wants to go, is fine by me. If Sony wants to make a powerhouse system with superb graphics, just make sure you can keep up your end of the bargain by providing systems. If Nintendo wants to continue with innovation, make sure you have another breakthrough idea for the next generation. But only the numbers can tell which one will dominate the next-gen charts.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #4]

Nov 29, 2006 - 07:34 PM
Would you like fries with that PSWii60?
I guess because i'm bored enough, I should go on a next-gen rant. Mostly because people on other message boards really piss me off. And no, i'm not talking about GameFAQs.

National-Anime. Spam is abound there and it shows no signs of stopping either!

Anyway, each time I go there, you can immediately see who's a Sony Fanboy, Nintendo Fanboy, or a Microsoft Fanboy. More or less, easier to idenitfy the Sony ones, since they rant on about how amazing their system is with their ONE killer app game.

Resistance: Fall of Man. Nice game, but not worth getting a PS3 over.

http://www.national-anime.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34508

Proof that that damn game will make you forget about your own health. Sheesh, I love video games as much as the next person, but not eating just to play a video game? Absurd, I tell you, absurd!

Either way, the place just constantly kills me. Mostly because they consist of Naruto whores or people ranting about how the PS3 is going to kill the competition this generation. They could tell me anything, but the PS3 still needs...

- More than just one good game.
- It needs to get cheaper.
- Needs to tell people to stop playing and eat once in a while. Like one of those annoying messages you get playing MapleStory or something.
- A notice that their system can double up as a George Foreman Grill
- a downsize. This thing is bigger than the fucking XBOX, with just ONE good game, it's a fucking paperweight.
- To perfect their wireless. The 360 did it, even the Wii did it. Why the hell, of all people, should Sony have problems working with wireless stuff?

Either way, as you can tell, I have a hatred towards the PS3, and i'm happy some of my friends offline are realizing that MAYBE amazing graphics isn't the way to go. If your games lack innovation and gameplay, then your system is worthless.

http://www.national-anime.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34740

Proof that Sony will make developers slave drivers. 120 developers on a game that was supposed to be the Halo killer of the PS2. Would've worked out if you didn't have to use a multi-tap, just to get four players in on the PS2, but either way, do you really need THAT many developers to make ONE game? I could imagine the start up screen

I sound like a Nintendo fanboy ranting this, but at least they did the right thing noticing that maybe amazing graphics shouldn't be first priority, but at least they made their gameplay very innovative. Motion sensing isn't a brand new thing to the world, but at least Nintendo bothered using this to their advantage and literally revolved their system around motion sensing. It may look ridiculous using that controller, but at least I could work up a sweat and remember to eat, instead of just sitting on my ass with a lackluster wireless controller that doesn't vibrate.

But even i'll say it, the Wii still needs some work. Just like all next gen consoles do when they're released. The 360 wasn't perfect on release either, but over time, they've released some killer apps and began growing on a really good system. I guess my only beef is the PS3 was rushed like hell. Because the holiday season was coming up, they had to get it out. But with a price tag like that and that many ongoing problems and imperfections... It just isn't worth it.

More developers are probably going to be flocking to the Wii to release their new games anyway. It would probably be cheaper to develop, and the Wii revolves around that controller, so developers would probably be able to use the Wii-mote to their advantage in their game. Even though the PS3 has motion sensing capabilities, it's not the same as the Wii AND they're gonna have to slap on shitloads of good graphics just for it to work.

To close my pointless rant up, either the Wii or the 360 will dominate this generation. I have my bets with the Wii considering you don't need orgasmic graphics just to make this system work, it just has to look visually stunning for the power it has. Since it apparently has more power than an XBOX, we should be seeing some amazing things from this system. Why the 360 comes in second? It's like the PS3 in a way that you need to have high quality graphics to make half the game work in here. Unlike the PS3 though, you don't need a blu-ray disc that can hold 50 gigs worth of rushed graphics.

The PS3, definitely coming in third. Even though the PS2 started off the same way, this system is constantly plagued by imperfections, a lack of originality, and a high price tag. Even if they shoot it down a couple hundred bucks, they have to stay ahead of the 360 in price just to show how superior they are. Until Sony learns that you don't need to be a slave driver to release good games, then maybe they might pull ahead. Right now, I don't see that happening.

[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #3]

Oct 1, 2006 - 11:40 PM
Argh... I'm a pirate.
Frustrated
Well, that was random... I really think I should be using this more. I feel I could get alot more out with all my friend bitching at me on my xanga.

Anyway, nothing exciting. Still have a project for school to work on, college applications to fill out... Other unexciting crap that really doesn't satisfy me. Life has been a real drag lately.

I guess I should rant about something... Um... MapleStory?

Yeah, I play that craptastic game that people hate. Either way, with friends, it makes the experience of playing it more fun. I don't really like that feeling of alone and just hitting things. It gets boring.

At the moment I have a level 33 sin, a level 22 warrior, and a level 16 archer I now use as my pack mule.

My sin is my strongest character, but there's just so many problems i'm facing in the game, it's just really hard to get anywhere in it. Money is always a huge issue. I'm thinking about just hitting up an area with alot respawn so I could just raid huge amounts of money from that. Even if I don't get alot of experience or mesos from it. All of it counts. I hate being the poor one out of all my friends. 80k isn't gonna get me anywhere.

On top of having no money in the game, my best character is one of the hardest classes to maintain in the game. Along with buying armor and weapons, I have to splurge on stars also, which cost a pretty penny. An EXTREMELY pretty penny. How does 9 mil sound for one of the best stars in game?

I always try to make myself believe I could use my sin to get out of this situation, but in reality, it's gonna suck. I don't really have alot to go off on with this. No money for potions... Potions are expensive... My class doesn't have alot of HP and MP to begin with... Rather, we're not on either sides of the HP/MP extremes.

Life's a bitch... Then you play a game that makes you one.

I REALLY have alot to rant about... Moving on to school...

It's just a drag right now to go through it. My senior year and there's so much stuff I have to worry about. Grades, applications, SAT scores (for the last fucking time), marching band, concert choir, show choir... There's just alot to worry about. And what worries me even more is that I have all my hard classes in the spring... Which personally isn't a good thing for me at all. Senioritis is gonna kick in liek whut, and i'm gonna suffer.

Then comes that worry about life after high school, where you're not going to have your friends from high school to lean on. Basically, it's just the next stage in your life where you have to start dealing with the real world. I don't want to experience it yet, but hell, life sucks and i'm gonna have to learn to deal with it.

I guess i'm just scared about it.. Just the thought that I'm gonna have to stop relying on other people and learn to rely on myself to survive. I fear at looking forward in life... Where I have no one to lean on. Where i'm alone in the world. Where no one cares about me in return. Where I have to live in fear. It's just hard for me to imagine any of this.

But maybe i'm just over-exaggerating the point. Perhaps it's not going to be as bad as I think it's going to be. But with the path i'm going right now... Is it the right one? Will I struggle in the process? Will I end up contradicting my own beliefs and end up like my friends who would rather be miserable in their carreer just to earn money?

No... I don't want to believe that. I always thought that money makes the world turn, but it will also be the end of us. I always believed that you didn't have to have craploads of money just to be happy. Because what happens when all that money burns and you have nothing left? So much for your fake happiness. Now you're just as miserable as the next person who wanted the money you have. Plus, i'd like to enjoy my job and earn a living for what I like to do. Not just be another money slave to the system.

I guess this rant is about how angry I am at my friends... I always thought that belief of being miserable to make money was always a bad outlook on life. You're just looking towards a material future, but what happens when all of that is gone? You're just walking towards a path of self-destruction.

But maybe they're right? What happens if you are happy, and you don't make alot of money. Is that really true happiness? Or are you just going to be living in the anger and envy of your friends who said that they would be miserable to make money?

Life runs in different directions. I might be right. I might be wrong. But I guess that's just the way the system works.

Currently Playing: Everett Bradley - Rhythm and Balance...White Jungle

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (0 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #2]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chaotic's Journal