Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chaotic's Journal

Journal Banner
Wow. Another Chocojournal.

Chaotic's Journal Statistics
View Chaotic's profile
Entries 161 entries in total [view entry calendar]
Private 0 entries are private (0% of total)
Views 61486
Replies Chaotic has made 696 comments [view stats]
Comments 547 comments (3.4 avg) [view stats]
Total Props 92 props given to Chaotic [who be proppin?]
Buddies 17 buddies
Relation You are not Chaotic's buddy.
What's New 0 new entries since your last visit.

Create New Journal EntryView All Entries
May 25, 2008 - 05:38 AM
It's Morphin' Time!
So I decided to relive part of my childhood by watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie on Encore Action.

While I thought it was cool back in 1995, I'm now 13 years wiser and you notice A LOT of things that you don't notice back then.

Like:

- Why does Mordant wear a monocle?
- After the Rangers get their Ninja Powers and head back to earth, why in the world are their costumes still from the Dinosaur Powers?
- How the hell does Fred know how to control a monorail and a cherry picker?

Among several hundred things.

Growing up on Power Rangers, it's still good fun to watch regardless of how bad the movie actually is.

Yay Two Star Movies.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #111]

May 19, 2008 - 03:08 AM
Snake the Third
Saw this over at Kotaku a little while ago. I thought it was pretty awesome:

YouTube Video

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [11] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #110]

May 18, 2008 - 07:34 PM
Wii HD Component Cables?
So... Wii Fit is coming out and my mom wants me to get it. On top of that, we wanna hook up my Wii to our HDTV. I've seen a couple of third party HD cables, but I'm unsure which ones are actually good.

Should I fork over the money for Nintendo HD cables or go for a slightly cheaper third party one? If third party, any recommendations?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (1 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #109]

May 7, 2008 - 10:40 AM
Whoo!
Finally! First year of college is done with!

Now I could actually relax and catch up with some of my games.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #108]

May 6, 2008 - 12:16 PM
Ugh... Just one... more... day...
So my first college semester is almost coming to a close. All I have left at this point in time is a 15 page paper I have to hand in for my Research and Technology class, and two papers I have to write for my World Literature class. One is due tomorrow, the other is due on Monday.

Our professor gave us the option to go and hand in our paper early if we got it done. So I'm gonna knock out a short paper on the graphic novel, Maus, and then do my final project.

My final project for this class is "Why Greek Mythology is still popular today" and I'm basically gonna talk about God of War I and II and why it's contributed to this factor.

Has to be about 4 pages with sources.

... Anyone got any sources for why Greek Mythology is still popular and WHY God of War is helping this cause?

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (4 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #107]

Apr 29, 2008 - 09:17 AM
Finally, some VGL stuff. :3
Here are some crappy photos I took:

Stage

The Costume Contest. Vincent ended up winning. The whole theater would've rioted if he didn't.

Act II Loading Screen

RMC and Mom Brain of GoNintendo

Video time! I apologize for my crappy camera work.

Super Mario Bros.
YouTube Video

Starcraft II
YouTube Video

Martin Leung - Tetris
YouTube Video

Sonic the Hedgehog
YouTube Video

Metroid
YouTube Video

The Legend of Zelda
YouTube Video

I do have more videos that I'll post up here when I get the chance.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [3] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #106]

Apr 27, 2008 - 12:33 AM
VGL Recap [Pictures, Videos and More Details Will Come Later]
So, just got back from New York. Seriously, if the show is in your area, DO NOT PASS UP THE OPPORTUNITY. It was so worth going.

The Beacon Theater was PACKED when the concert started. The show started off with an arcade game compilation and then transitioned into several other games, Sonic, God of War, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid... All not in that order. More stuff, but when I remember them, I'll mention it.

As some people know, there are little competitions throughout the course of the show. During the Space Invaders tracking game segment, the host, whose name slips my mind right now, called up a random person in the audience. Some old dude who's never played a video game in his life. He fails horribly at the game and walks off with his prize. The host talks to him to see who he's with, and who would've thought that he would call up the dude who went to the show with the president of Capcom? By all means, it was random calling him up.

Intermission rolls around, great show so far. A nagging thought bothered me through the whole first half. I thought the group that was sitting in front of us looking familiar. When I went up closer to take up pictures of the stage, my brother overhears something. I approach back and he says, "Yeah, that's the Cowboy guy you were mentioning to me."

So my nagging though was right, I was sitting behind the GoNintendo crew.

Managed to get a picture with RawMeatCowboy (RMC) and Mom Brain. Awesome.

So the second half started with another competition. A game of Frogger between two guys to win some high tech gaming mouse and a Nintendo Wii provided by the GoNintendo crew. The dude who won murdered his competition 4,850 to 1,500. Won the prize and the host managed to drop the Wii on stage. I could hear the moans of pain from everyone in the audience. Especially the people from GoNintendo.

Too bad bother competitors already owned one too.

So the show continues and Martin Leung, the Blind Pianist, makes an appearance. The dude is freakin' amazing. He started off his part of the show with music from Final Fantasy. And after the Mario segment, he proved to the whole audience that he really could play the whole Mario Overworld theme blindfolded.

Show goes on... Music from Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario Bros., World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, The Halo Series, an encore with One Winged Angel, and they close the show with Castlevania.

My brother and I managed to pick up a program and that was about it. Everything else was a little on the pricy side. We would've done a meet and greet, but we would've missed our train.

So once again, if VGL is in your area. GO TO IT.

I'll have the pictures and videos I took uploaded by tomorrow.

Oh, and we made a trip to the Nintendo World Store prior to the show. Mario Kart Wii is a lot of fun. Can't wait to grab it. No license though. Would've taken too long.

Chipotle for the win.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [1] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (6 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #105]

Apr 26, 2008 - 02:31 PM
VGM FTW.
Video Games Live tonight. Beacon Theater in NYC. 8 PM.

Hopefully I'll have pictures of the event.

Can't fucking wait.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (2 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #104]

Apr 23, 2008 - 10:19 PM
Yo, Miles.
Response to: Nice one, Capcom by Miles

So Capcom is offering some alternative box art that you could print out to replace the monstrosity they decided to put into stores.

Also, the IGN watermark is gone from what they offer. All you gotta do is fill out a form and they'll send one right over to you.

(Chaotic waits patiently until The Cover Project scans it.)

http://blog.capcom.com/archives/1154

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) [2] Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (12 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #103]

Apr 22, 2008 - 10:52 AM
Because Kago tagged me.
Response to: Well, here I go by Kagosin

Whoo.

Talking at the worst moments: My brother always gets pissed off at me that I never talk to him during commercials when watching TV, but I'll always talk during the show, interrupting whatever the people might be saying during the show and we'll miss details. My brother's not the only person I do this with... I do that with EVERYONE.

Procrastination: Chaotic is a lazy bitch who holds everything off to the last minute.

"I follow Filipino time": You tell me to show up at 3, I'll show up at 4 and argue that I'm 12 hours early.

Ranting: In addition to talking at the wrong moments, I talk too much to begin with. What's worse is that I'll say, "what's it called" every other sentence because I can't think of anything. Fucking vocal fillers.

"I'll do it later": And then I'll never get to it.

Tags: Basil, Freelance Wolf, Identity Crisis, nazpyro, and The Wise Vivi.

Give Props For This Entry (Quality Entry) Edit this entry Delete this entry Comment on this entry (5 combo)
[Create Response Entry]
[public entry #102]

Gamingforce Choco Journal
Chaotic's Journal