Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyway to get my old avatar back? (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104)

DeLorean Mar 2, 2006 03:21 PM

Anyway to get my old avatar back?

I had this really cool picture of ... I can't even remember exactly what it is. It was posted on yahoo news, I think of a star going supernova. I can't find it anywhere!

DragoonKain Mar 2, 2006 03:28 PM

You could PM the admins I guess and see if it is stored somewhere.

Not sure, sorry.

Snowknight Mar 2, 2006 03:28 PM

If you've got any screenshots of the board with your posts in them, you might be able to crop your avatar out.

DeLorean Mar 2, 2006 03:31 PM

Ugh! I don't lol. I wish

Elixir Mar 2, 2006 03:32 PM

I don't know why people don't just keep their avatars in their Pictures folder, it's what it's there for.

Snowknight is right, however the quality from cropping won't be as good as the original. Unless Miles' backup of the forum has a cache of all avatars, you're screwed.

Diversion Mar 2, 2006 03:34 PM

I just grabbed a new one for now, but if you liked it before, there's a chance you may have it saved somewhere.

GarretThe Thief Mar 2, 2006 03:38 PM

Why not just make another one from scratch? I did this one myself with no prior experiance
Same with the sig

Luceid Mar 2, 2006 03:43 PM

If you check Community Commons, you'll see what bobo says about it.

In one word, no.

aku Mar 2, 2006 03:49 PM

Well...you could alwasy go Avatars and Signatures Requests Thread and see if we can help you :p

xuemin Mar 2, 2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elixir
I don't know why people don't just keep their avatars in their Pictures folder, it's what it's there for.

i did have my GFF avatar in a pictures folder, but i joined about 3 years ago and have had various reformats and since i was using a laptop back then that didn't have a dvd burner, most of the stuff just got wiped. but i've been using the same avatar for awhile and still have the original picture it's cropped from so i guess i'm one of the lucky ones ^^

Syndrome Mar 2, 2006 03:57 PM

Isn't there some site that caches old internet material? Maybe it doesn't work for images.

Luckily I found my old ava and sig on my FTP :)

Elixir Mar 2, 2006 04:03 PM

I just checked your profile through Google's cache, along with cached links like this, but nothing.

I don't think there's much hope for your avatar.

Ninja Mar 2, 2006 04:14 PM

heh I tried to google mine and came up with the slighlydark forums, I totaly forgot about that place, oops!

Musharraf Mar 2, 2006 04:16 PM

Yes, press RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT A B A B SELECT START

Elixir Mar 2, 2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musharraf
Yes, press RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT A B A B SELECT START

What game is that for, and why do you have a sakura avatar? ;_;

GarretThe Thief Mar 2, 2006 04:56 PM

I agree with Elixir on that what is that for and you could also ask other members to help make one or go to the avatar and sig request thread like aku said

Safer Serge Mar 2, 2006 10:24 PM

The world is changed...

GFF is reborn... so this is a golden opportunity to change things. So make a change in your life, make a difference! Change your avatar and your sig and be happy!!!

:biggrin:

Megalith Mar 2, 2006 10:27 PM

http://images.google.com/images?clie...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

aku Mar 2, 2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safer Serge
The world is changed...

GFF is reborn... so this is a golden opportunity to change things. So make a change in your life, make a difference! Change your avatar and your sig and be happy!!!

:biggrin:

I like my old one, it was brand new when the forums died, infact, they died like 3 days after i changed it T_T

GarretThe Thief Mar 2, 2006 10:34 PM

Same but Mine was up for about two maybe 3 weeks though so I guess I cant call it new anymore It still looks cool though. (Maybe it's just because it's my own art that I'm awed over)

Kaiten Mar 2, 2006 11:11 PM

I generally don't keep my old Avatars, but I do have the images most of them are based on. I even know what my first avatar was, which is a concept sketch of a Dark Archon (I did use my last avatar for this time though). If you can't find your old one, start anew! Make a custom one and see how your artistic side can surprise you (or disappoint you).

Eleo Mar 3, 2006 12:25 AM

Tabula Rasa.

NeoRebel Mar 3, 2006 07:10 AM

Yes. A new beginning for some of us.

And the resume of a journey for most of us (at least for me).

Monkey King Mar 3, 2006 09:15 AM

You could always try checking archive.org for saved Gamingforce pages. They're not very consistent about it, but often they save the images along with the HTML. It's bound to be on someone's cache somewhere.

DeLorean Mar 3, 2006 12:08 PM

Hm thanks guys. I already looked through google/yahoo pictures.
It looks SIMILAR to this one
http://www.space.gc.ca/asc/img/hubble-supernova.jpg
but it had more colors in it that made it look REALLY sweet.