Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Game Music Discussion (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   [Attention] WDR broadcasts "PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm" (http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29535)

Hamu-Sumo Feb 23, 2008 01:16 PM

WDR broadcasts "PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm" (/w Download Links!)

Hay guys, u guys, holy shit u guys ((C) Mastr Cheef ;))

Just a few minutes ago I read the news that the WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk; "Western German Broadcast") will be broadcasting the orchestral concert "PROMS: That's Sound, that's Rhythm" tomorrow (24th February) at 10:05 am CET (1:05 am PST; 4:05 am EST; 6:05 pm JST). Beside of pieces from ordinary Classical composers like Ralph Vaughan Williams and Morton Gould, it's also featuring pieces of VGM, e.g. Takenobu Mitsuyoshi's "Shenmue - Sedge Tree", a medley from Castlevania and Nobuo Uematsu's "The Man With The Machine Gun" in a ten-minute edition (yep, you're reading right: TEN minutes!). Total duration of the concert: one and a half hours.

I know that for some of you, especially in the US/Canada, it's on a late hour but maybe one of you is still up at this time. For the others I will try to record the concert but I'd be glad if somebody else will do it, too, because I have no practice and Vista had done some trouble in the past.

Okay, how can you listen to? First, click on this link. You should be at the paragraph "Musik hören im Netz (Listening radio at the net)", otherwise scroll to it. Now choose "WDR 4". On the next page, you'll be asked how you want to listen to the stream. You don't have to make a hick in the box below. It's only for saving the setting. Click "Starten" if you're ready and it's done. The stream should start. :)

The concert was originally performed last sunday (17th February 2008) at Cologne's Funkhaus.

I wish everyone happy listening! :)

Zephyrin Feb 23, 2008 05:11 PM

Well, if I'm still awake at 2:00 am, I'll try and remember to give it a listen.

Is there a website with any kind of information about the concert?

Hamu-Sumo Feb 23, 2008 05:26 PM

As far as I know there's no site and a quick search on Google brought no detailed information in English. (But there's no information flood in German as well, only news on different websites)

Cyrus Feb 24, 2008 04:27 AM

Thanks Hamu - as I´m reading this right now I missed approximatly 25 minutes of the show and I hope the Castlevania Medley is still to come. Nevertheless I´m recording the remaining hour with my DVB-S reciever.

Hamu-Sumo Feb 24, 2008 06:08 AM

Okay, I have the whole concert on my disk. I'm going to cut a bit and upload it.

LS Feb 24, 2008 06:23 AM

please upload sedge tree of shenmue, <3 that song, so tranquil and sad.

Dallista Feb 24, 2008 07:05 AM

I cannot believe I missed this! Hoping for a link...

Hamu-Sumo Feb 24, 2008 08:33 AM

Download Links

I'd started uploading. I'll edit this posting after a upload is finished. // Finish! Enjoy the music!

* Grand Monster Slam Theme (Opening Fanfare) (originally composed by Chris Hülsbeck)
* Sedge Tree (Shenmue) (originally composed by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi)
* Blood-soaked Darkness (Castlevania) (originally composed by Jun Irie and Michiru Yamane)

I decided to make two versions of "The Man With The Machine Gun". One with the percussion intro and one without. The percussion seems to be kind of bonus but in my ears it doesn't refer to Final Fantasy (say something if I'm wrong). With it the track reach the announced ten minutes, without it's nearly five minutes long. It's up to you which version you prefer.

* The Man With The Machine Gun (Final Fantasy VIII) (originally composed by Nobuo Uematsu)
* The Man With The Machine Gun (Final Fantasy VIII) (with Percussion Intro)

Bonus: For everyone who is interested to the concert at a whole, I'd uploaded it for you but attend please, that all VGM-related stuff is linked above. Otherwise if you like Classical in general, feel free to download it. There's no cut so you have all songs, all applause and all speech within. The speech is in German but you can move forward or test how much you understand. :D However, enjoy!
-> PROMS That's Sound, that's Rhythm Complete Concert Record

:)

28469 Oct 29, 2013 05:39 PM

Does anyone still have this? I missed it and want it more badly than any other music in the world. Post it or PM me please. You will have my highesr gratitude ever.