Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Trailer Music Live - Immediate & Globus in Concert

AustinCA
Wark!

Member 33603

Level 1.10

May 2009

Old May 11, 2009, 02:33 AM Local time: May 11, 2009, 12:33 AM #1 of 7
Trailer Music Live - Immediate & Globus in Concert

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker on here for a little while, and I finally decided to register.

I recently found out that Immediate Music, one of the biggest names in the trailer music industry, is putting on a live concert on June 27th, in Santa Monica, California.

Trailer Music Live - trailermusiclive.com

I liken this to a Video Games Live concert. Immediate will play tracks with a full orchestra and choir, with movie trailer video playing in the background. Immediate's cinematic rock band, Globus will also be performing.

So, I thought I'd spread the word here. It sounds really awesome!

What do people think of this? I'm a fan of video game scores; are other score fans be interested in this?

How ya doing, buddy?
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2009, 09:43 AM Local time: May 11, 2009, 04:43 PM #2 of 7
Hehe, nice idea but because most trailers are quite short I can't imagine how long a usual track is. I mean trailer music lives for compact epicness. To play the same 48 sec. piece one after another for three times is a bit... boring?

Most amazing jew boots

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)
AustinCA
Wark!

Member 33603

Level 1.10

May 2009

Old May 11, 2009, 12:45 PM Local time: May 11, 2009, 10:45 AM #3 of 7
The songs are usually cut shorter for trailers, but they're playing the uncut, full length, sfx free versions of their trailer music, and I think their music has a lot of variation in it. They capture the epic nature I often hear in Video Game music, and I'd love to hear it live.

They released a CD last year called "Trailerhead"; the shortest track on it is 2:25; they'll be playing songs from the CD, (and may some not yet released ) at the concert. Their trailer inspired cinematic rock band Globus will also be there to mix things up I think. Give them a chance, if you haven't listened to them! They're on iTunes too.

You can buy tickets here...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2009, 05:15 PM Local time: May 22, 2009, 02:15 PM #4 of 7
I'm going to this. My roommate told me about it. Immediate/Globus have some good stuff. Anyway, I think it will be more interesting than going to VGL again and hearing the same shit I've already heard, haha.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
AustinCA
Wark!

Member 33603

Level 1.10

May 2009

Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:07 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2009, 09:07 PM #5 of 7
I'm going to this. My roommate told me about it. Immediate/Globus have some good stuff. Anyway, I think it will be more interesting than going to VGL again and hearing the same shit I've already heard, haha.
Sweet Should be a great show. I'd love to see a VGL concert myself, but haven't had the chance yet. Definitely don't want to pass this one up though.

I'm not sure how VGL does their concerts, but at Trailer Music Live I read they're going to be setting mics on everything; the choir, the different parts of the orchestra. Should make for a pretty awesome sound.

Apparently, Globus is performing another concert on June 18th prior to the big event as well:
http://www.imperativarecords.com/?page=detail&pid=11

Wish I could make it up to West Hollywood to see it, but I'll have to settle for one night of epic music

I was speaking idiomatically.
youseph
Wark!

Member 31093

Level 2.50

Jun 2008

Old Jul 22, 2009, 01:09 PM #6 of 7
-----

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by youseph; Jul 31, 2014 at 05:58 PM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:46 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 01:46 AM #7 of 7
I went to the concert. A couple great pieces, but overall it was just "good". My friend seemed to enjoy it more since he's actually a big fan of the performers, whereas I'm only really into a few of their works. I actually had a real good time driving down there, and the concert hall they held the event at is really nice, so the whole experience was worthwhile.

Anyway, this thread probably should be in Media Centre, but it's probably moot by now so I'll just leave it here.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [News] Trailer Music Live - Immediate & Globus in Concert