Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

uTorrent Bandwidth Usage

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2007, 03:04 PM #1 of 5
uTorrent Bandwidth Usage

So I'm using uTorrent to download torrents off the internet, but there's something weird here. I have to monitor my bandwidth usage (specifically, how much I upload) in order to not have my bandwidth limited (I'm at college right now). So uTorrent gives me total speeds of transfers on all torrents at the bottom of the window. It reports Download speed at about 225KB/s while Uploads at about 530KB/s.

Now what's weird is that my Bandwidth monitor, DU Meter, is reporting 2x these amounts (500KB/s download and 1.03MB/s upload). What gives? Unless MB is different from mB, which one should I be looking at?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 02:32 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2007, 11:32 PM #2 of 5
Are you connected to a ridiculous amount of seeds/peers? It sounds like you are experiencing a huge amount of TCP overhead which utorrent ignores when calculation transfer rates. You should greatly reduce the amount of maximum connections allows in utorrent and see if you can get those two reported numbers closer.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Cetra; Sep 18, 2007 at 02:35 AM.
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:34 PM #3 of 5
I used both DU Meter and NetLimiter. Both aren't in sync with uTorrent. It's a second slower, but I'm getting accurate readings.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 08:44 PM #4 of 5
Thanks a lot, Cetra, that helped A LOT. uTorrent Reads 406/341, while DU Meter reads 480/367. That's much closer now. It might also be what xiaowei said that it might simply just be a bit behind it's recording. But that's MUCH MUCH better than 2x what uTorrent says.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
ShadowVlican
Carob Nut

Member 15238

Level 6.34

Nov 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:36 PM #5 of 5
when i used to use DU Meter, it had a bug where if you use PPPoE it would double the BW, but worked fine when behind a router

i don't know if that bug still exist today

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > uTorrent Bandwidth Usage