Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Have you/would you stay with someone if you cheated?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:14 PM #1 of 12
Have you/would you stay with someone if you cheated?

Let's say you cheated on your SO. You still feel the same way about them, but you had your moment of weakness. The other person may or may not be important to you, whatever, I don't care. For the purposes of this thread, you cheated on them for whatever reason and they found out.

Would you want to stay with the SO, and try to work it out? Would you leave them, even if you don't start dating Option Number 2?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:43 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 12:43 PM #2 of 12
If I cheated on someone, I guess I'd try to work it out, but I'd probably realise there's really no chance for it to resolve.

... I don't really have anything significant to contribute to this thread as I don't cheat, but I do want to know something: what does SO mean? I only know it as Senior Officer, but I'm pretty sure that can't be it, and I can't figure out for the life of me what it is. Silly kids and your abbreviations and chatspeak and downloads and webnets...

Most amazing jew boots
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:45 AM #3 of 12
It means "significant other."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:09 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 04:09 PM #4 of 12
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
It means "significant other."
Ahh... I guess it's a lot of trouble typing those two words?

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:39 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 10:39 PM #5 of 12
Cheating isn't bad. You're just fulfilling your physical needs and desires. It's the society/religion/women that branded 'cheating' as 'bad', and that you should stick to only one. I'll just stay with the SO, since I wonn't be dating option number 2, and probably will acquire other options in the future.

Man, I wish it's as easy to do as said.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Vemp; Sep 20, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 10:32 AM #6 of 12
If anything compelled me to cheat on my SO, I think the relationship is over by then and I'd leave. Although I have the courtesy to at least break up with them first, then go after option 2. If you're out there cheating, your relationship with your current can't be all that great. I just think it's more polite to end things and then go after someone else, vs cheating and then making up some kind of sorry excuse for doing it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 01:47 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 07:47 PM #7 of 12
I'd stay with them. If you have a decent relationship with someone you care about, why throw it away over a couple of meaningless shags with someone else? That would just be dumb...

FELIPE NO
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 03:00 PM #8 of 12
Edit: If my significant other wouldn't find out then i would stay with them, but i personally wouldn't cheat

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by insertnamehere; Sep 20, 2006 at 03:44 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:59 PM #9 of 12
Originally Posted by surasshu
Ahh... I guess it's a lot of trouble typing those two words?
It's as much trouble as googling or checking urban dictionary for SO.

How ya doing, buddy?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 03:35 AM #10 of 12
Originally Posted by a lurker
It's as much trouble as googling or checking urban dictionary for SO.
I suppose you're right in that writing the post requesting a definition is as much trouble as Googling, but I believe typing "significant other" isn't anywhere near as hard.

Plus, what kind of source is the urban dictionary? They define "acronym" as "the coolest things (sic) in the world", when it clearly isn't. Okay so maybe it is, but I'm sure there are other examples where urban dictionary is wrong.

Anyway back on topic (I feel bad about derailing), I suppose that if I cheated and didn't just leave my SO for the new girl (man, this rocks!), then I wouldn't want to throw away my relationship for a new one at that point. I'd probably be a pretty big idiot for sleeping with another girl, knowing that most people will not forgive something like that, though. Anyway if the other girl is more important, then I'd break it off with my girl first.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by surasshu; Sep 20, 2006 at 08:44 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:26 PM #11 of 12
Originally Posted by surasshu
I suppose you're right in that writing the post requesting a definition is as much trouble as Googling, but I believe typing "significant other" isn't anywhere near as hard.

Plus, what kind of source is the urban dictionary? They define "acronym" as "the coolest things (sic) in the world", when it clearly isn't. Okay so maybe it is, but I'm sure there are other examples where urban dictionary is wrong.
Oh god, please continue defending your laziness and ignorance. It is clearly my fault for using words you don't know and can't look up your own damn self.

Answering my own question, I don't really know what I'd do. I'm in a long-distance relationship right now, it's been awhile since I last saw my boyfriend. If I had cheated, I don't think I'd want to break up, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he did. I don't think I'd fight very hard to make him forgive me.

If we were living together though, I'd probably do all the crying and weeping and FORGIVE ME IT WAS JUST A MISTAKE and that. It's so much better when the tear ducts flow.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:24 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 05:24 AM #12 of 12
Originally Posted by a lurker
Oh god, please continue defending your laziness and ignorance. It is clearly my fault for using words you don't know and can't look up your own damn self.
I guess it didn't come through that I was making fun of myself back there. I even edited that small text bit in there to make it more obvious... Maybe I should use more italics next time.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Have you/would you stay with someone if you cheated?