Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Various laptop-related questions

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2007, 09:34 AM #1 of 3
Various laptop-related questions

Hey all, several questions on several different laptops:

1.) One friend recently came to me concerning the plug that goes into his battery for his laptop. He said his original one was 1.2 mVolts, but he got a backup plug that is 1.3 mVolts. Is he able to use the plug on his battery or will it damage his laptop?

2.) Another friend of mine gave me her laptop saying there is a problem. Basically, I have noticed that BEFORE it starts up windows, there is a VERY high pitch sound that emits from it. It happens several times in a row, almost sounding like if you would wipe a window to it squeaks, and then wipe is VERY fast so it 'squeaks' manys times within a short period of time. The sound then stops, and everything keeps going. No problems were detected with the hard drive, ram, or motherboard after using Ultimate Boot CD. I do notice that it does this even before it loads up the Windows Recovery CD, and that during this time, things 'freeze' until the sound is done.

3.) I think I posted this before but...A friend of mine CMOS battery is dying. This is obvious due to her computer refusing to keep time. The problem is I am having problems finding a CMOS battery in my location. What happens if the battery completely dies? Does it lose all settings? Just the time?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2007, 07:48 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2007, 07:48 PM #2 of 3
Quote:
2.) Another friend of mine gave me her laptop saying there is a problem. Basically, I have noticed that BEFORE it starts up windows, there is a VERY high pitch sound that emits from it. It happens several times in a row, almost sounding like if you would wipe a window to it squeaks, and then wipe is VERY fast so it 'squeaks' manys times within a short period of time. The sound then stops, and everything keeps going. No problems were detected with the hard drive, ram, or motherboard after using Ultimate Boot CD. I do notice that it does this even before it loads up the Windows Recovery CD, and that during this time, things 'freeze' until the sound is done.
I was going to suggest that this may be the fan, but since you say things freeze during this high pitched sound, I don't really know...
Is said laptop still under warrenty?

Quote:
3.) I think I posted this before but...A friend of mine CMOS battery is dying. This is obvious due to her computer refusing to keep time. The problem is I am having problems finding a CMOS battery in my location. What happens if the battery completely dies? Does it lose all settings? Just the time?
Wipes BIOS settings (meaning it does not save current ones, and goes to the default settings) and doesn't keep correct time.

It shouldn't be that difficult to find a replacement battery. They can be located in almost any store, serious >_>

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by ^-^; Nov 25, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:13 AM #3 of 3
2.) Laptop is five years old. I heard though that the fan goes at the highest speed initially before WIndows XP boots up and tells it to relax.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Various laptop-related questions