Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

South Park makes fun of Family Guy's poor writing...

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 01:37 AM #1 of 70
South Park makes fun of Family Guy's poor writing...

Pretty much sums-up my opinion. A show with some pretty lame writing.

South Park makes fun of Family Guy's poor writing

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:43 PM #2 of 70
Yeah, I know, that episode was great.

I can't believe that it was just on and they already put up that clip on the net.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 08:47 PM #3 of 70
That's not the full episode, is it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:49 PM #4 of 70
Even when their making fun of family guy i found it funny. It's definetly better than south park

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 01:57 AM #5 of 70
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Yeah, I know, that episode was great.

I can't believe that it was just on and they already put up that clip on the net.
what was the episode about? Just based on that clip, it seemed Cartman was the 'Voice of Reason'.

How ya doing, buddy?
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 10:57 PM #6 of 70
They spoofed the show as well as the characters nicely. The nice censored block of Muhammed was a nice touch too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:58 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 08:58 PM #7 of 70
That episode was hilarious, I love how they make referances to Issac Hayes where Cartman is offended about how the cartoon is very bad for making fun of religions even though he has been doing the very same for so long. I expect there will be a part 2 its not the first time they made a 2 parter

FELIPE NO
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 03:41 PM #8 of 70
Wow a whole thread of responses and only scotty pics up on what it's about.
They weren't making fun of Family Guy at all. In jsut that clip they were taking a shot as Issac Hayes, who quit the show on the grounds of it mking fun of scientology despite Southpark mocking other faiths previously, and Cartman brings up one very good point.
"How'd you like it if someone made a show that made fun of Jews!"

No such show exists. Catholics, Muslims, Protestants, Mormons, Buddhists, Hindus etc. have shit thrown at them all the time. But when was the last time you saw a show that poked fun at Judahism and Jews? Never happening.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 12:59 AM #9 of 70
How about South Park? I hear that show makes fun of Jews all the time.

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 04:12 PM #10 of 70
Hardly.

Cartman patronizes Kyle for being Jewish, but it doens't say anything of his beliefs or anything. Besides Cartman is constantly derided as epitomising everything arseholish and is often compared to Hitler.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:15 AM #11 of 70
What about the episode where kyle saw the passion and thought that the jews should apoligize for killing jesus. Or the episode where Moses appeared in that camp. And the episode where they needed to change the play becuase kyle was jewish. And all the remarks they say, "maybe cartman's right, maybe jews don't have rythm." and "You need to concentrate" "maybe he needs to go to concentration camp"
I'm really sure they make fun of jews in every episode in some way or another.
As for the episode, yeah it was funny. Can't wait to see next week.

New Record!
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:32 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 04:32 PM #12 of 70
Yeah, they make fun of Jews all the time. The farthest Family Guy ever went with a religious joke was making fun of indian's dot on their forehead.

Anyhoo, here's the full episode in question, it's pretty good!

PART 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjVT...th%20Park%2010

PART 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cilDS...th%20Park%2010

PART 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vir3Z...th%20Park%2010

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:39 PM #13 of 70
Originally Posted by RABicle
No such show exists. Catholics, Muslims, Protestants, Mormons, Buddhists, Hindus etc. have shit thrown at them all the time. But when was the last time you saw a show that poked fun at Judahism and Jews? Never happening.
Wow, I can't believe you missed that joke.

It was obviously meant to mean South Park.

And it's less talking about Issac Hayes (that was last episode) than the Denmark cartoons.

And yes, this episode IS about making fun of Family Guy. Later Cartman rants about how everyone compares his humor to FG (aka, comparing SP to FG) and how it's wrong, since FG is random humor and SP is sharp satire with some fart jokes.

I was speaking idiomatically.
IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:51 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 02:51 PM #14 of 70
Jazzy is right in my opinion. That's what I got out of the episode. That being said, I cannot wait til part two. Hah

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 04:52 PM #15 of 70
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Wow, I can't believe you missed that joke.

It was obviously meant to mean South Park.

And it's less talking about Issac Hayes (that was last episode) than the Denmark cartoons.

And yes, this episode IS about making fun of Family Guy. Later Cartman rants about how everyone compares his humor to FG (aka, comparing SP to FG) and how it's wrong, since FG is random humor and SP is sharp satire with some fart jokes.
Yeah, that's what I like so much about South Park, they have jokes on Multiple levels. With that episode particuraly, you can clearly see who gets it.

And yeah, I wonder what's up with the FG writers in part 2. Are they frozen?

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:53 PM #16 of 70
So when's Family Guy going to make fun of Southpark, I wonder.

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:04 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 05:04 PM #17 of 70
In a year, probably. But by this time, people will have forgetten about the whole thing. But I wonder how they can make fun of South Park? It's a show with a solid social and political opinion and some pretty creative and funny jokes.

Most amazing jew boots
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 04:05 PM #18 of 70
What is interesting is that SP is even mocking itself in this episode.
Certainly an interesting circle of reasoning, thats for sure.

Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:23 PM #19 of 70
Originally Posted by insertnamehere
Even when their making fun of family guy i found it funny. It's definetly better than south park
So, South Park is "definately better than south park?" Because here "It" is referring to "South Park" which did the "making fun of family guy."

Can I have a candy bar?

By the way, I liked Cartman's point at the end when he explains how the TV's influence is greater than his own. And Kyle stands there thinking, "Wow, he's right."

Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:18 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 12:18 AM #20 of 70
Maybe it's just me, but I thought the primary point of the first part of this two parter was to take a shot at Muslims for going apeshit over those Muhammad drawings that were published in a Denmark newspaper.

To me, it seemed that the reason the points they were making about Family Guy's writing, as well as Isaac Haye's hypocrisy, were included was because they were easy to integrate into the episode. (Make Family Guy like the Denmark newspaper while making fun of Family Guy's writing at the same time. Talking about the Muslims' obsession with Muhammad being depicted while implying Isaac Haye's hypocrisy at the same time. Sheer brilliance!)

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 03:45 PM #21 of 70
Quote:
So when's Family Guy going to make fun of Southpark, I wonder.
They shouldn't even bother. I've learned that it's just impossible to make fun of South Park. The Simpsons tried it in one episode, and they failed miserably, to the point that they should be embarrassed for even trying (some nonsense about OJ chopping heads off, to which Bart and Milhouse dance around chanting "Cartoon Violence!").

South Park is untouchable. They even parody themselves on more than one occasion. And as someone once told me, "How can you parody a parody of a parody?".

That probably makes no sense, but the point stands. And admittedly, this does make me observe something I quietly noticed about FG. They do tend to overdo it with the irrelavent clip bits. The worst was Stewie singing "Rocket Man" for 10 minutes. Stale. :/

I was speaking idiomatically.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 04:03 PM #22 of 70
South Park seems to have reached the point where everything it touches turns to gold, and I have to admit I really don't get it. It has some good writing, but it seems to fall back a lot of times on sex jokes and exploding kneecaps.

Ohhhh, man! They bashed one of america's favorite cult shows!
Edgy.

What more people need to realize is that the show isn't criticizing some airy and fleeting "them." It is all-inclusive, so there's no reason you should be saying "Geez, I'm glad I'm not one of those people" after you see the show. More often than not, that's what I hear come out of people's mouths. No one's willing to say that the caricatures that South park makes are supposed to be exaggerations of real people, and maybe question themselves. Instead they just write it off as the stupidity of the common man, you know, all of those people outside your front door, which just isn't true.

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 10:07 PM #23 of 70
Quote:
What more people need to realize is that the show isn't criticizing some airy and fleeting "them."
But they do often pick on "they".

FELIPE NO
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 04:09 PM #24 of 70
SO, they make fun of people who bury their heads in the sand. Now, of course no one's going to admit that they do so. They stand there with a shovel and a 20 lb bag in their hand and say, "Well, glad I'm not one of those stupid fuckers with their head in the sand."

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 04:28 PM #25 of 70
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
They do tend to overdo it with the irrelavent clip bits. The worst was Stewie singing "Rocket Man" for 10 minutes. Stale. :/
Yes, definitely. But somehow, I don't think they are doing this of their own choice. I think if Family Guy went back to every episode having a good theme, that would pretty much make it the new and better simpsons.

I wonder if they have to make it extra random in these new episodes to keep away from the Simpsons category.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement > South Park makes fun of Family Guy's poor writing...