Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Supernatural / the Ghosties!

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 06:36 PM #1 of 43
The Supernatural / the Ghosties!

Do you believe in Spirits?

I'd say that I know spirits are real. Being that I've had so scary experiences in my childhood. Having something that held me down and I couldn't speak or move, then it would run away. (Maybe it was a Bill Collector)

Also the fact that I have some kind of spirit awareness.

Anyways...Spirits, real or not? If so, then explain why you believe they are real.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by vuigun; Apr 8, 2006 at 07:45 PM.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:52 PM #2 of 43
I am rather skeptical about a lot of ghost and spirit sightings, as it seems that almost all are pathetic blotches on cameras, shapes superimposed by people who believe what they want to believe, and sometimes flat out fantasies.
Also, a lot of that ghost-hunting stuff appears to be nothing but scam artists and quacks working with elecrical devices that they have no idea how they work. So long as people pay them though, they will keep prowling.

However, I cannot say that I rule that stuff out completely. One of my former roommates told me about experiences he had at this one house that he lived in Houston, where basically his toys were literally animated before his, and his older brother's eyes. And he is a very reliable and truthful guy, who does not give into crack-pot ideas either, so I can trust his word.
There have also been other stories from some of my friends about other experiences they have had.

I personally feel that these "spirits" are actually demons just appearing when it is convenient to try and get them all wowed up over these trivial things, and distract them from what is really important, which is God.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:00 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:00 PM #3 of 43
Well, a demon is an evil spirit. That is what attacked me when I was half asleep one night. I got scared all of a sudden then something just ran into my room and held me down so I couldn't move or speak.

I'm sure it was an evil spirit. You are right about them just being a distraction from god.

Something I've noticed over my lifetime is that you're connected more to the spirit world when you're half asleep. That's exactly why most sightings happen at night.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:10 PM #4 of 43
See, that right there seems like a load of tripe. Why would you be especially connected to the spirit world when you are half asleep? My observations have generally been that when you are haf-asleep, your awareness of the real world becomes dulled, and your mental imagery starts to have more prominence on your consciousness. Nothing spiritual is actually taking place.

As for things happening during the night, it is just the way in which the human mind works. Various sporadic shades of darkness and faint light are impulsively filled in with meaning by your visual cortex. Your brain is trying to make sense of nonsense, and this is nonsense especially sense we are daytime dwelling creatures. All the characteristics of objects during the night are still not too well embedded within our brains, so we try to piece things together using our daytime interpretive abilities. This is something you cannot really control though, and this is something you must be very aware about before you start off concluding that you saw a ghost or spirits.

Also, care to give more details on your experience? I think I already know what it is.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:27 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:27 PM #5 of 43
You're thinking more logically about the whole deal. You can't really explain it like that. I just know because that's when I'm more in touch with spiritual feelings. I can't exactly explain it all out, part of it is feeling it yourself. Like God.

Also, not everyone has spirit awareness.

But as for the whole recap....One night when I was younger, I was really scared because of something my sister told me (which proves I need to exterminate her sometime). I keep myself up with fear, basically.

When I was really really really close to falling asleep, I got a jolt of fear. That's when this kind of being came running in and held me down. I felt like someone was pressing down on me really hard, I felt it standing right by me. I couldn't speak or move at all, only think. Like 10 seconds later it let go after thinking some godly thoughts. Then I felt it run out of the room. Then I conviently remembered something my mom said, "the devil is afraid of the lord".

Actually, this is a common story. I'm sure a moderate amount of other individuals went through that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:30 PM #6 of 43
Ghosts and spirits are something created by the mind to give an explanation as to why something happened. For some reason as humans, everyone needs to have a solid concrete explanation as to why the window shut or by the picture frame fell over. People go "Oh, it was a ghost!" just to justify something that didn't really need to be justified.

No one's ever happy with "it just happened". There HAS to be a reason.

Originally Posted by soniclover
Actually, this is a common story. I'm sure a moderate amount of other individuals went through that.
How about you were tired and your arms hadn't woken like the rest of your body yet? Or you were dreaming?

Most amazing jew boots

I have nothing clever to put here.
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:34 PM #7 of 43
Again, you can't really explain it with Logic.

Spirits are on the same level as detecting God. Have you seen God with your 2 eyes lately?

FELIPE NO
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:38 PM #8 of 43
Yeah, I was smoking pot one day and there he was in all his holyness. And that's when I knew I found my fucking dealer for LIFE!

If you want another explanation for that "not being able to get up" problem, try this thread.

How ya doing, buddy?

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:40 PM #9 of 43
I'm not sure what the difference between the two is, but I think they're real.
For some reason, I think kids one and under are in touch with the spirit world a little. More sensitive then older people. I don't know about anyone else, but my niece would always wave to someone or something, when no one was present. I'd look at her and say what is it, and she just keeps waving. then she stops...

Also, when I was five or six, a ghost/spirit was calling my name. I screamed for my parents. Don't know what they thought. There was a girl who died in that house.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:40 PM #10 of 43
When I was really really really close to falling asleep, I got a jolt of fear. That's when this kind of being came running in and held me down. I felt like someone was pressing down on me really hard, I felt it standing right by me. I couldn't speak or move at all, only think. Like 10 seconds later it let go after thinking some godly thoughts. Then I felt it run out of the room. Then I conviently remembered something my mom said, "the devil is afraid of the lord".

I've had something similar happen to me twice, but in both instances it occured after I fell asleep. I was suddenly wide awake, and I felt like something was crushing me. I could move, but it still felt rather strange. It felt like there was something in the room, although I didn't see anything.

I dismissed it as a case of nighttime fancies.

Anyways, to get back to the original topic at hand, I believe in spirits, but not ghosts. I'm not even sure if there's a difference, but I think of ghosts as in a ghost of a dead person, or a spectre. Spirits, on the other hand, remind me more of something less tangible and more amorphous. I'm not saying that ghosts are tangible either, since you can't physically touch them or anything. (I'm not really sure how to say this. :doh: )
Wow, that was a whole bunch of gibberish.

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:44 PM #11 of 43
Originally Posted by elwe
I'm not saying that ghosts are tangible either, since you can't physically touch them or anything. (I'm not really sure how to say this. :doh: )
Wow, that was a whole bunch of gibberish.
I wonder how they can touch us then. Or, at least that's what I wonder after watching Discovery channel's A haunting in...

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:44 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:44 PM #12 of 43
Originally Posted by SuperNova
Yeah, I was smoking pot one day and there he was in all his holyness. And that's when I knew I found my fucking dealer for LIFE!
Ouch. I didn't expect a response with Pot in it.

But anyways, it still stands. I know what I felt. I can't explain the feeling to you. (I know it wasn't cause by pot though, dawg). Build a time machine and travel back into time to my bedsite and document what you see.

Last edited by vuigun; Apr 8, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:51 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:51 PM #13 of 43
Originally Posted by Nahual
I wonder how they can touch us then. Or, at least that's what I wonder after watching Discovery channel's A haunting in...
Well, on second thought, I guess you can touch them, but not really in the traditional sense of touching. Maybe it's like touching air. Technically, you are touching the air around you, but you might not think of it as the same way you can touch water or a solid. As for ghosts touching people, I guess it could be in the same way that people can sort of touch ghosts, that is, if they can touch us but pass right through while doing so.

Did that program say anything about that, or perhaps ghosts strangling people?

Last edited by elwe; Apr 8, 2006 at 08:02 PM.
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:52 PM #14 of 43
Uhh... so in essence everytime I wave my hand through the air I could get getting to second base with some hot ghost chick?

Awww man that's hot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:58 PM #15 of 43
Again, I believe that they can only physically touch you when you're close to your sleep state. That's why some people have said they woke up with marks on them (frat party?). My sister actually said that happened to her.

But, as for trusting TV Shows for that type of stuff, I'd say Nada.

Double Post:
elwe, your post is right too. We pass through each other. I believe that being half asleep is the equilibrium.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by vuigun; Apr 8, 2006 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:10 PM #16 of 43
About the t.v. show- It is based on what people have seen or whatever. It's their stories. Whether it's true or not, I can't say, but it is interesting nonetheless and actually scares me.

But I know that something was calling my name and it wasn't my parents or my sisters.

Something was there.

[/QUOTE]
But, as for trusting TV Shows for that type of stuff, I'd say Nada.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I thought that "Nada" sounding funny there.
But, as for trusting Tv Shows for that type of stuff, I'd say nothing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Nahual; Apr 8, 2006 at 08:13 PM.
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:13 PM #17 of 43
I've actively seen one ghost and I've "felt" more than a few over the years so I'm pretty convinced at this point. I'm still not sure exactly what to make of it though and I doubt I ever will as i tend to look at thing scientificly and at this moment science hasn't really even gotten a vague idea what the ghost thing is all about. they're kicking around the idea that ghosts are detectable by raised electromagnetic field levels so I think that's how they're trying to detect them but that can be hosed up by electronics being on and any number of random crap. It could explain how soem peopel are more sensitive to it than others though as for example I can tell when a area haunted quickly by a certain feeling which is the exact same one I get when electronics are on around me only more intense and with an emotion attached to it usually.

I don't think direct physical interaction can take place though as my finacee's dad's house is incredibly haunted and ina really hostile way and the only physical manifestation has been all of the crap flying off of her grandmothers dresser on it's own. Which trust me you can just feel that place wanting to kill you and if it could more than knock shit over it would.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:15 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:15 PM #18 of 43
Nahual, That's completely possible that a spirit was calling your name. That is something that happens to my Sister a lot. You might have someone who actually wants to communicate with you or needs to rest in peace.

Anyways, about the show. I still don't know. They could just be paying people to tell those stories.

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:16 PM #19 of 43
Originally Posted by CetteHamsterLa
my finacee's dad's house is incredibly haunted and ina really hostile way and the only physical manifestation has been all of the crap flying off of her grandmothers dresser on it's own. Which trust me you can just feel that place wanting to kill you and if it could more than knock shit over it would.
What if it's a poltergeist? o_0

6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:20 PM #20 of 43
What if it's a poltergeist? o_0

Those tend to be more active and follow a specific person. That's been the only incident of that type so I'm doubtfull. Though they are usualy linked to people who are troubled and unhappy and her grandmother is bedridden and slowly becoming demented but if it were a poltergeist it would just be added on top of what was already there as it was haunted before she moved in.

Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:23 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 09:23 PM #21 of 43
You're thinking more logically about the whole deal. You can't really explain it like that. I just know because that's when I'm more in touch with spiritual feelings. I can't exactly explain it all out, part of it is feeling it yourself. Like God.
Well if logic and neurology can explain it... then why not? Why must one immediately resort to conclusions of immaterial, illogical systems, when dealing with unknowns? (People are probably going to get on my case about my religion, after writing that. Oh well, I still think I am being consistent.)

Quote:

Yes, it is a common story. It is sleep paralysis, as evidenced by that thread. For centuries, people have been talking about how they feel that certain spirits, or ghosts, or witches, were on their chest, giving them a feeling as if they were being crushed. That is sleep paralysis, hypnagogic paralysis in your instance (which is somewhat rarer than the other form, which is during waking up: hypnopompic paralysis). I gurantee you that your experiences are no more special than anyone else's throughout history.

However, it doesn't seem like my skepticism is going to be entertained all that much in this thread.

Last edited by Fjordor; Apr 8, 2006 at 08:37 PM.
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:35 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:35 PM #22 of 43
Actually I agree with you about the sleep paralysis thing. People have invented all sorts of crap to explain it over the years usually evil spirits of some sort and it's bs. My fiancee has them all of the time they're nothing but a particularly disturbing misfire of the brain.

That really is an odd choice of explanation of the whole spiritual thing though for a godboy. How exactly does that jive with your beliefs anyway?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 08:46 PM #23 of 43
Originally Posted by Fjordor
Well if logic and neurology can explain it... then why not? Why must one immediately resort to conclusions of immaterial, illogical systems, when dealing with unknowns? (People are probably going to get on my case about my religion, after writing that. Oh well, I still think I am being consistent.)
Paritally I believe in spirits because of the bible. It was said in it that spirits roam the Earth.

Another third is because of the feelings I get when I happy or mad. When I'm happy I feel as though my spirit is lifting and that Good spirits are passing through me. When I'm mad I feel as though something evil is getting near and watching me. Also a feeling of heat.

And the last piece of the pie...I just don't believe that everyone just dies and stays in the ground. I just don't believe that somehow, everyone would just stay dead when they have some unsettled business. Like being raped and killed. There's a reason they say "Rest in Peace" for common courtesy. You can't really rest in peace if you died know that nobody loved you or something. (This explanation might have been a little harder to grasp then the others)

FELIPE NO
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 10:06 PM #24 of 43
That really is an odd choice of explanation of the whole spiritual thing though for a godboy. How exactly does that jive with your beliefs anyway?
Basically, it jives with my beliefs in that I think that this universe was created with a specific and unique design. Many of the feelings that we get are part of this design. Additionally, I do not think that all things are explainable through naturalistic means, such is the case with the question about design itself, as well as miracles. I am still fleshing out this change in perceptions however, but I myself do not see an elimination of my faith; rather, I see a further crystallization of it that I have not experienced before, and it has so far helped me make more sense of a lot of stuff.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:08 PM #25 of 43
I've actively seen one ghost
I wonder why I even brought up the poltergeist.
I guess I just forgot that you've seen a ghost.
Oops.
Dang it!.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The Supernatural / the Ghosties!