Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Average US Kids or ... ?

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:37 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:37 AM #1 of 26
Average US Kids or ... ?

I randomly stumbled upon that video today. It features violence, for those concerned.

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?doc...72674153462433

I was impressed by how tough some of those kids seemed.

And so I was wondering ... are those average US kids, or does it surprise you US people as much as it surprised me?

Most amazing jew boots
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 03:44 AM #2 of 26
Not average - but no. I'm not surprised. In fact, considering my mother is a high school math teacher I've seen and HEARD a lot worse. =\

Kids today are NOT always the happy peppy cheer squad they used to be. These kids seem like overpriveleged out and out brats that have probably never gotten a stern ass whooping in thier lives, but not all of them are like that no. Its quite shameful. =|

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 03:44 AM #3 of 26
Tough? They're backing down from an old man like a couple of bitches. Uppity white boy trash. Nothing a good curb stomp wouldn't whip into shape.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:48 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:48 AM #4 of 26
Originally Posted by SCHWARZE-7
Tough? They're backing down from an old man like a couple of bitches. Uppity white boy trash. Nothing a good curb stomp wouldn't whip into shape.
Well, one of them also punches and pushes him, and he's what, 13? =/

I guess it also surprised me because they *looked* like average kids, not acting/talking like hardcore ghetho types. =/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:49 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 03:49 AM #5 of 26
Originally Posted by niki
Well, one of them also punches and pushes him, and he's what, 13? =/

I guess it also surprised me because they *looked* like average kids, not acting/talking like hardcore ghetho types. =/
niki, they look like white trash kids. That's sort of like ghetto but without the proper violence.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:53 AM #6 of 26
Originally Posted by SCHWARZE-7
niki, they look like white trash kids. That's sort of like ghetto but without the proper violence.
Ah, sorry, I don't have the radar for detecting those. =/

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 04:59 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 03:59 AM #7 of 26
Ah, sorry, I don't have the radar for detecting those. =/
I think it's a fairly American thing. Think of Australians. Sort of like that.

FELIPE NO

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:50 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 07:50 AM #8 of 26
While I haven't seen anything exactly like this, I remember in the 7th grade, we had a substitute math teacher one day, and the entire class kept on talking, ignoring him. He kept telling us to be quiet so he could teach, but most of us just kept on yammering.

Finally, he had enough, put one of the hardcover books in his hand, and then slammed it into the chalkboard while simultaneously yelling "SHUT UP!"

As the book hit the chalkboard, he made quite a big hole in it, but boy did that work to shut us up. The entire class was quiet for the remainder of the class period lol. I'm not sure what happened to the teacher, but I'm sure he's probably not going to be called back to substitute anytime soon lol.

The hole remained there for a good few months until the school finally decided to replace the chalkboard.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:25 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 08:25 AM #9 of 26
Was this the prelude scene to the bus escapade on Super Troopers?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:59 AM #10 of 26
Pffth. You people think that these kids are heroes for what they did? Yea, the bus driver went overboard with slapping the kid upside the head when he said "motherfucker," but he looks like an older guy who has raised kids of his own. Thats probably the only way he knows how to reprimand cuss-mouthed little punk ass brats.

I'm impressed with the fact that the driver called in a deputy. Scare the kids up. Too bad it didn't work. Only agitated them more, the shitheads.

This was obviously in the south though. You could hear the twang in the kids' accents.

I dunno. I think they pushed the driver to a violent low, and I am SURE the driver will get shit for what he did. The kids were threatening the driver and starting fights with him. I would have kicked the kids off the bus and made them walk home, the little shits.

These are NOT typical American kids. These are typical American hoodlums.

Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:05 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 08:05 AM #11 of 26
Sass nailed pretty much everything I was trying to say. Sad thing is thier parents will probably never do anything.

My mom once told me this story of this girl in her class who was disruptive, unruly, and created all kinds of problems. So she decided to call her mother to see if she could get something done. Her mother promptly replied "Well what the fuck do you expect me to do? She beat me with a broomstick last night!"

How do you deal with that when even the parents won't step in and administer discipline? Lazy ass parents breed brat hoodlums - simple as that. The concept of running a tight ship and keeping ones children in line seems to be a lost art. =\

Last edited by Dubble; Oct 18, 2006 at 09:09 AM.
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:08 AM #12 of 26
Taking stock in anything American as "average" is a foolish thing to do. There's too much, too many people and too many places, for any real average to be true of "American." There are certain generals for the human race though, and this demonstrates one of the worse ones. What that is exactly, I'm not sure. Apologies for that, I just woke up.

P.S. I just remembered Winston's rule regarding America. "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've exhausted all other options."

niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:21 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 04:21 PM #13 of 26
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Pffth. You people think that these kids are heroes for what they did?
Nah, just said I thought they were tough. =/

And we have much much worse kids here. Maybe it's just because those are white that I was surprised.

omg a racist is me ='(

Dubble

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:30 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 08:30 AM #14 of 26
Nah, just said I thought they were tough. =/

And we have much much worse kids here. Maybe it's just because those are white that I was surprised.

omg a racist is me ='(

Just because they're white don't make 'em no better niki. =|

Interesting story. When I was in high school in Atlanta, the school was relatively mixed. Majority white, but a decent smattering of black folkses. Yeah I had friends there, but along with me being very immature during that period of time I also remember my peers being spiteful, mean, snipey, and in some cases pretty damn nasty.

Then my grandmother died and we moved back to my hometown of Birmingham. Upon learning that I'd be going to an all black school which (during the time my mother was a teenager) was considered one of the worst in the system I was DISMAYED. I had no choice in the matter but to go because Birmingham did not offer a magnet or alternative program like Atlanta did with its schools. I was wound so taut and scared of being in the "ghetto school" that I almost didn't realize how nice and laid back the atmosphere was and sure, the place was rough around the edges but I got used to it and the friends that I made there I STILL keep in contact with to this day. In fact I still visit the school and am invited back to speak to the art department often and look forward to it every year. The all black ghetto school that I was afraid to go to - being a black kid - wound up being one of the best social experiences of my extremely awkward teenage life and ten times better than the majority white/mixed one. Its not that way for all people, but it was for me.

What I'm saying Niki is that looks can be very decieving, and at this point I'm going to shut up because I sound like a really bad public service announcement, but at least you get my point. XD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
niki
Valar Dohaeris

Member 30

Level 41.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:51 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 04:51 PM #15 of 26
Originally Posted by Dubble
Just because they're white don't make 'em no better niki. =|

Interesting story. When I was in high school in Atlanta, the school was relatively mixed. Majority white, but a decent smattering of black folkses. Yeah I had friends there, but along with me being very immature during that period of time I also remember my peers being spiteful, mean, snipey, and in some cases pretty damn nasty.

Then my grandmother died and we moved back to my hometown of Birmingham. Upon learning that I'd be going to an all black school which (during the time my mother was a teenager) was considered one of the worst in the system I was DISMAYED. I had no choice in the matter but to go because Birmingham did not offer a magnet or alternative program like Atlanta did with its schools. I was wound so taut and scared of being in the "ghetto school" that I almost didn't realize how nice and laid back the atmosphere was and sure, the place was rough around the edges but I got used to it and the friends that I made there I STILL keep in contact with to this day. In fact I still visit the school and am invited back to speak to the art department often and look forward to it every year. The all black ghetto school that I was afraid to go to - being a black kid - wound up being one of the best social experiences of my extremely awkward teenage life and ten times better than the majority white/mixed one. Its not that way for all people, but it was for me.

What I'm saying Niki is that looks can be very decieving, and at this point I'm going to shut up because I sound like a really bad public service announcement, but at least you get my point. XD
haha, totally.

Here in France the differences between classes are huge, and very highly defined in appearances by ethnicities. Basically, the things you see happening here in the streets or/and on TV makes that the people's common consciousness kinda translates to "foreigners's kids are violent, white kids arent", and this despite the very high level of politically correct this country is plagued with.

This is of course just a question of difference of level of life and bad integration, but still, as we basically have no lower class white kids here, I unconsciously applied the same logic when watching that video.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:37 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 10:37 AM #16 of 26
One word: WOW.

There was some wild language there. I would assume that the average american school bus is NOT like that. If it is, the US is a lot worse than even I would assume.

That is a scary sight, especially at that age, swearing and fighting and stuff? Man, when I got into a fight on the bus, the bus driver just let it go until we got to the school.

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:18 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:18 AM #17 of 26
Those little punks look like they could've used a good beating to smarten them up. Kids these days need to realize they aren't shit.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 11:33 AM #18 of 26
This was obviously in the south though. You could hear the twang in the kids' accents.

I never realized that Cleveland was part of the south.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:50 PM #19 of 26
Originally Posted by RAZGRIZ-2
I kinda disagree with some of the posters here. I think stuff like that is becoming more and more typical. When I was in school, every grade before me just seemed violent and vile. It got exponentially worse with every younger grade of students.
I agree. Even in cases in middle school, the upper classes always seemed better and were people I looked up to. In the 8th grade we weren't perfect, but we were a decent class. The 7th grade, however, stole hundreds of dollars from the school's student council treasury to buy paintball equipment. After graduating, I heard a year later that some 6th grade students were expelled for posession.

In high school I did some service work with some 5th graders, and those kids were walking nightmares. It really got on my nerves when they seemed to think that they were better and smarter than the whole world.

Respect for elders is something that really needs to come back in terms of raising children.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 03:30 PM #20 of 26
Sometimes it can just start with a single punk who thinks he/she has it all and starts up a ruckus for no apperent reason.

About a month ago in my town, a group of 50 kids from the high school chased a fellow class mate. The girl ran until she found a house and ran inside. The crowd yelled to the guy to send her out, but he refused. There was some damage done to his home. He is going to sue the parents of each of the kids for the damage done.... I gotta say, it serves them right, there is no discipline anymore these days.

Why they all decided to chase the girl I have no idea, but it is very true that kids today are not the same as the kids 2 decades ago.

Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:04 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 01:04 PM #21 of 26
I like how everybody is assuming that the kids are just assholes. We have no real backstory on the situation. How do we know that the driver isn't a total dick? The deal here is that the bus driver still had no right to lay a hand on those kids. If they aren't doing what he says to the point where it jeopardizes the safety of the bus, then he needs to stop the bus and call the higher ups who should get ahold of the kids parents. It doesn't matter how mad you get, you can't justify grabbing some 12 year old by the back of the neck just cause he called you a motherfucker.

And WTF Sass? "This was obviously in the south." Gimme a break.

Any 13 year old kid who has the balls to punch a 45 year old fatass busdriver in the face for trying to fucking choke him is hardcore.

Last edited by Meth; Oct 18, 2006 at 02:06 PM.
TheXeno
Overlord

Member 13483

Level 8.29

Oct 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 12:14 AM #22 of 26
I rode the buss during elementary school, but I don't recall anything like this happening. There where some tense moments but that usually only involved 1 kid. Anyway these kids don't seem to bright and probably didn't have much discipline. I don't blame the bus driver though, those kids where getting out of control.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by TheXeno; Oct 19, 2006 at 12:21 AM.
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 05:56 PM #23 of 26
looking at the posts here, somehow I'm relieved living in country with 300 ethnic diversity and I rarely experience any sort of bully because of racism. While I was bullied during my junior highschool by certain classmate, but that because his bad personality was a total pain in ass.

Anyway, I hope pity these hoodlums, their behaviour is just not tolerable. I hope they learn how to be sincere and respecting each other as they grow up.

FELIPE NO
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:05 PM #24 of 26
Hn, I remember around when I was in 7th grade there was a bus driver who decided to deal with some kids causing trouble... while the bus was moving. I can't remember if that was the time when a bus hit a car in front of it, or when one flipped onto its side, but yeah... buses. Bad place for a fight.

As for classes getting worse over years... maybe.XD But the graduating class before mine was so horrible that they cancelled senior trips. Course my class, though fairly well behaved, was sneaky and planned their own. I didn't go though, I hated high school. =D

My school had desegregated bussing, meaning we got in students from the local black community. I actually enjoyed those students better than the ones from my own town. I dunno... I got teased a lot, but I could tell the black kids were teasing me in a friendly way, so I didn't mind so much. The white kids were just mean. D= WTF

Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 03:01 PM #25 of 26
Oh man, I always hated taking the bus when I was very young. The various bus drivers in my elementary school days scared the hell outta me, and I remember that there wasn't a lot of talking on the way to school. After third grade, I began walking the mile to get to school. =p

That video is pretty nuts. I think the kids were unfairly agitating the bus driver, but he definitely handled it the wrong way. How does something escalate into such violence?

This was obviously in the south though.
Oh.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Average US Kids or ... ?