Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] DOA Encourages Sexual Harrasment

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 07:38 PM #1 of 13
DOA Encourages Sexual Harrasment

SOURCE: lol

Quote:
Tomonobu Itagaki, known for his game Dead or Alive, was formally charged in a Japanese court with sexual harrasment according to zakzak.co.jp. The former employee is taking Itagaki to trial in Tokyo District Court for the sum of 10 million yen. According to the article and allegations by the woman, the two have had relations since 2003 up until she quit on September 10th of this year. Itagaki admits the relationship but says it was consensual. It also seems he has been given a lesser job title in his Team Ninja company to possibly lessen the blow. We'll have more as it breaks and if it breaks.
I didn't think they had a crime for sexual harrasment in Japan.

How ya doing, buddy?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2006, 11:03 PM #2 of 13
If she's admitting the relationship, what's the grounds for harassment and what's she alleging? I don't really get it. -_o

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:24 PM #3 of 13
Sup Kurado's avatar. How are you enjoying OUR THE superior Negima?

In any case I've heard this one, and it's made of lol and fail.

Most amazing jew boots
SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 03:34 AM #4 of 13
Originally Posted by Skexis
If she's admitting the relationship, what's the grounds for harassment and what's she alleging? I don't really get it. -_o
Well, you can be in a relationship and still refuse sexual advances. Anyway, an article at GamesAreFun fleshes it out a bit:

Quote:
According to the report, this all started 3 years ago. Itagaki and the woman, who did PR for Tecmo, were in a taxi after a company karaoke party. The woman claims he asked her if she was married, then kissed her against her will and touched her inappropriately. She also claims Itagaki made frequent unwanted advances on her over the next few years, going so far as to sometimes lock the two of them in the office, visit her in hotels under the guise of company business, and such.

She approached Tecmo about it, but she claims they just told her to handle it herself. After being absent from work for a couple weeks due to mental and emotional anguish, she finally was able to get counseling from the company's personnel manager in July.

When Tecmo questioned Itagaki about all this, he admitted to kissing her, but said anything they did was with her consent. Seeing this as inappropriate behavior, Tecmo demoted Itagaki, but by title only, as he still performed the same duties and had the same actual position.

After being told by the company that Tecmo could not take her accusations of sexual harassment seriously, the woman quit and proceeded to sue Itagaki for 10 million yen. This was back in September.

So, though this happened awhile ago, it only became public news recently. It appears Tecmo is now ready to go to court with the plaintiff (who is now 31), so we'll see what happens from here.

As a note, Itagaki is married and has children.
Regardless of what happens with the lawsuit, he can probably expect a much messier and more vehement divorce proceeding sometime soon.

Most amazing jew boots
DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
Jesus De'Hesus
Banned

Member 14775

Level 1.02

Nov 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 04:52 AM #5 of 13
Who would bang Itagaki? He's an ugly ugly man.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 06:33 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 01:33 PM #6 of 13
Sadly cheating and stuff is normal in japan, and the wives know about it. And I doubt the girl has a chance of winning this.

no homo
Silv

Member 8081

Level 5.27

Jun 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: Nov 10, 2006, 05:39 PM #7 of 13
Originally Posted by Jesus De'Hesus
Who would bang Itagaki? He's an ugly ugly man.
Same reason nineteen year olds marry seventy year old billionaires every month, I'd wager.

FELIPE NO

"Non-nerdish people are BORING. It's all babies and shoes and kids and cricket."
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:22 PM #8 of 13
Originally Posted by Silv
Same reason nineteen year olds marry seventy year old billionaires every month, I'd wager.
God makes you wonder if guys are stupid or something <.<

Talk about sad and dezzzzperate

How ya doing, buddy?

^By Auro from the FFXII board... Thanks ^^
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 03:55 AM #9 of 13
Itagaki is sexually frustrated, his games like DOAX refelects clearly. When he got enough of polygon models designing, he jumped on her. He drinks alot too.

I am not surprised he did that, its about time.

If you want to see what sexual fantasies his mind harbors, download latest 'girls trailer' of DOAX2 from gametrailers.

How ya doing, buddy?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 02:55 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 03:55 PM #10 of 13
He's just a wanker. Seriously. It's the only single word that encompasses his entire existence.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2006, 07:26 AM Local time: Nov 11, 2006, 08:26 PM #11 of 13
Oh, I thought touching girls against their will inside public transportation vehicles is a way of saying "hello" in Japan?

DOA sucks anyway. The game and the upcoming movie.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 02:31 PM #12 of 13
L O friggin L dude...wow just wow. nothing much else to say about that.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:52 PM #13 of 13
I would laugh if her proof of sexual harassment is the scantiness of Itagaki's games--namely the DOAXBV series and its "exploitation" of women.

I was speaking idiomatically.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [News] DOA Encourages Sexual Harrasment