Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pet demise

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 04:26 AM #1 of 37
Pet demise

We used to have a family of cats at our old house -- a tabby and her two year-old offspring (one male, one female). One morning unbeknownst to us the male had climbed into the engine of our car, and when my mom turned the ignition there was a horrible thud as a fan blade smashed into its skull. It dropped to the floor dead, bleeding all over the garage. The mother cat made its way over, sniffed at it a few times, and walked away rather nonchalantly. It was sad to watch.

So how did your former pets cease functioning?

How ya doing, buddy?
Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 03:44 PM #2 of 37
I think it was more of an old age thing when my last pet rat died but she started bleeding from her eyes a few minutes before she died, it was pretty gross and it looked damn painful.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Baaah~
Daft Ada
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 16185

Level 1.02

Nov 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:09 PM #3 of 37
When our last cat died (she was hit by a car) i was the first to find her. Poor little thing was still alive when i got to her but her injuries wer pretty horrific.

Still makes me feel sick thinking about it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:14 PM #4 of 37
Nothing too major or messy to report about here. Our first cat got run over by a car. Never really found about this until a few days after it happened. Over than that, our pets have either run off and we've never seen them again, or we've had to have them put down for some reason or other.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:53 PM #5 of 37
When my cat died it was one of the saddest days of my life. I loved her more than anything in the world and since she was sorta my cat and took to me more than anyone in my family, I kinda looked at her as a child sorta way. She would sleep in my bed even though I had terrible allergies, but she slept at the foot of my bed. She would wake me up in the morning when I had to go to school. She would meow at my feet when she wanted to be fed.

She had a lump on her neck one day and slowly but surely she started to go downhill. She couldn't eat any food and no matter how much she drank she still remained thirsty. We had to get her put to sleep. She was my pet since I was a child and losing her was one of the most devastating days of my life. It was the first time I've cried in like 5 years when she died and I haven't cried since either.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:02 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 11:02 PM #6 of 37
this is way too long for a post.

http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/jo...&entryid=17093

^ There instead, plz.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Xexxhoshi; Nov 29, 2006 at 05:49 PM.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:34 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 05:34 PM #7 of 37
We had two hamsters that were brothers. Speedy and Arnold were their names. Speedy died about a year later due to an eye infection which was kinda sad because he was so cute. Arnold died of old age.

The next time we had anything close to a pet was a couple of goldfish. They died when my Mom accidentally put in chlorine water...

FELIPE NO
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:34 PM #8 of 37
Hold on, what the hell?
Bigblah, isn't this topic a little...grotesque? Like, Sewers-worthy or something?

Who wants to know how someone else's pet died anyway? That's pretty morbid.
What next, a "Family Demise" thread?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 05:40 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:40 PM #9 of 37
Well, my old cat Shelly had kidney failure and literally shuddered out of life in my brother's arms while we watched. She was drowning in her own tissue basically.

One of our many many fish actually committed suicide; we didn't have a tank lid on at the time and (we assume) it jumped straight out of the tank. We found it a couple of days later, rotting and covered in fluff under the chest of drawers. Not too pretty.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:14 PM #10 of 37
Originally Posted by Matt
Hold on, what the hell?
Bigblah, isn't this topic a little...grotesque? Like, Sewers-worthy or something?
No.

Apparently people who care enough to read/respond to the thread.

Anyway, I had two hamsters, one died from old age. I'm not sure why the other one died though - like a year after birth. Both of them lived in the same cage-thing, so something happened.

I had 2 cats that ran away ;_;, but I also had another cat that my Uncle and I adopted but she was hit by a car. She didn't die from the accident, but the injuries were severe enough to the point that we had to put her to sleep.

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:57 PM #11 of 37
My family's dog had some sort of tumor or neurological disorder--she got mean and didn't recognize the family anymore. So I come home from kindergarten one day and the dog's not there--turns out that my mother had gotten her euthanized that afternoon, without telling me. What's worse, she took my then 2-year-old brother with her when she did it.

Even though it the dog's time, I never really forgave my mom for that.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 08:11 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 06:11 PM #12 of 37

Heathen • b. 1998 - d.2003

After 5 years he became very ill and wouldn't walk anywhere or eat. One day I left to school and made sure he had a bowl of water and some food next to his basket so he could eat if he wanted. When I came back he was nowhere to be found. No one knows where he went and we never saw him again. Crash actually posted a similar story about a cat of his that died and was only recently discovered. Perhaps he just went to his "comfort place" and passed away in peace; at least that's what I'd like to think.

R.I.P. Heathen

Double Post:

I do. So what?

Quote:
That's actually not a bad idea. =o

Last edited by Paco; Nov 29, 2006 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 01:29 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:29 PM #13 of 37
Goodness, I've had so many pets that it would take forever to list how they all passed on, but a few of their deaths got to me pretty badly:

Misty: She was a German Shepherd-Chow mix who got hit by a car when she and my other dog, Bruiser the German Shepherd, got out of the fence when I was about eight. The saddest thing about her death was that Bruiser sat by her body all night long until we found her the next morning and even then we had to force him into the car so that we could take him home and then take care of Misty's body.

Sylvester: He was my black and white cat when I was about nine years old to twelve years old. On Halloween one year I went out in the front yard to find him because I couldn't find him in the house and I saw him far off in the distance dead on the street. It could have been any old cat, but I knew that it was him. I didn't get over his death for a long time.

Gypsy: She was an older kitten when my dog accidentally killed her when I was about thirteen. The dog was eating and Gypsy got too close. The dog tried to give her a warning nip, but hit her neck and severed her jugular. She bled out all over the kitchen. Seeing her dying and being able to do nothing is the single worst memory that I have. The dog died a couple of years ago.

Sheba: I had her since her birth to one of my cats when I was four and she passed away while I was away at school when I was sixteen. That was pretty hard to get over because I wasn't there to say goodbye.

Sarmoti
Chocobo

Member 262

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 01:59 PM #14 of 37
The last pets I had die were a Parakeet and a Sheltie Puppy.

The Keet died after having seizures and suffering major damage(he twitched and jerked all night).

My puppy died after contracting Parvo because my parents refused to get her the needed shots to protect her from it. My Mom still refuses to believe it was Parvo and insists it was the stomach bug that the whole family caught days before.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 03:46 PM #15 of 37
When I was five i got two kittens from the same litter, one black and one white, Cuddles and Snowball.

Snowball died in his sleep at the vet when his kidnes shut down. he had a bladder infection since he was five. Snowball 1988-1999

Cuddles was put down earlier this month. he was old, skin and bones, diereha and stopped eating his cat food. he drank alot of water which told me his kidneys would give out at anytime. rather then have him suffer we but him down. it was very hard, but I was the last person he saw and heard. Cuddles 1988-2006.

FELIPE NO
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 05:03 PM #16 of 37
Originally Posted by Chibi Neko
Cuddles was put down earlier this month. he was old, skin and bones, diereha and stopped eating his cat food. he drank alot of water which told me his kidneys would give out at anytime. rather then have him suffer we but him down. it was very hard, but I was the last person he saw and heard. Cuddles 1988-2006.
well, the last person to see or hear physically. at least until you get to them via the rainbow bridge

Most amazing jew boots

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 12:11 AM #17 of 37
My dog got shot by outsiders; lovebirds died by excessive noise around the neighborhood and goldfish just croaked for some reason that I do not remember.

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:24 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 12:24 AM #18 of 37
Before my current cat I had a small 3 legged cat. It was a stray I had taken in when I found it hungry and sick. Me and my family nursed it back to health and I decided to keep it.

It wasn't always a friendly cat but it was pretty decent to me. He would scratch and hiss at others but never me. I guess it trusted me the most.

I had him for maybe half a year when he got sick. Then one night it became pretty active again. He actually played around with me and chased some string around. Which he had not done since it got sick. I thought it was finally getting better. But it died that night. I went to sleep and awoke in the morning to news that it had passed.

What's worse is I didn't even get to bury it. My father just dumped it in a dumpster. I was pretty young back then so he told me he burried it. But in reality he just threw the body away.

Sometime later I recieved a kitten that was the runt of a litter. Grew up to be my current cat. She's been a really great cat. She's had many kittens too. But being a runt means she's pretty small.. which has led to many complications during birth. Complications that have led to many deaths of kittens. I can only think of one time when she had 4 or more kittens and they all lived. Most of the time they are either born dead, die during birth (being squashed or folded), or die shortly after.

After that track record we got her fixed. She was popping out way too many anyways. I'm just glad she's healthy and as strong as ever. If she ever passed I would be even more devastated than I was when my 3 legged kitty passed.

Stuff goes here~

Last edited by Shonos; Dec 1, 2006 at 02:27 AM.
Dyesan
hey YOU!

Member 1790

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:24 AM #19 of 37
My pet beta fish, Sushi just died. I came back rushing into my dorm from Thanksgiving break and found it swimming happily inside it's mirky, own-crap infested water that I left it in for four days. I quickly fed it once, and the happy little bugger chowed down.

Around an hour later, I changed the water like I usually did, and fed it again.
Around 30 minutes later, I looked at the bowl to see that it had flopped sideways, sank down to the bottom, and remained motionless.

Military burial down the toilet five minutes after that.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:04 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 05:04 AM #20 of 37
I had two dogs. One of them got out of the yard while I was out one day and got her back legs/hips run over by a car. The other one lived to be 19 before she stumbled into the pool and drowned. Stupid bitch.

Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:11 AM #21 of 37
I had the cutest little rabbit but we always let it out of its cage to run free for a bit and sometimes left a few early easter presents.
Then one day it decided that the food we provided for it wasn't good enough. It started chewing on an electric plug while no one was paying any attention to it and electrocuted itself to death. Sometimes I wonder if it did it on purpose. i thought was a good pet owner darn it ;_;

mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:22 PM #22 of 37
my cat died at 15 years old from liver failing...That was a hard time for me. I still keep her rabies tags on my key ring, along with the tags from my two new cats (they are indoor cats and don't wear collars. I keep the tags on my key ring because I know they won't get lost)

my frog...well, one day he just croaked

How ya doing, buddy?
Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
The Wulf
Arf

Member 15016

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 01:38 PM #23 of 37
I've had so many pets die...

I've lost cats to AIDS, liver failure, dogs...

I've lost fish to cats...

When I was really young I had a horse who fell and got a hemorrage (I don't really remember)...

My bird decided to swim in a pan of oil (while I was changing my father's oil)...

I've lost dogs to fights, kennel cough, cars....

The most recent loss of mine (the one that got me my husky mix) was when I had to put my Malamute down due to lung cancer, and a tumor in his spine that was eating away at his vertebrate... My stepmother and my father wouldn't let me put him down and it was so hard to watch him suffer. It got to the point where he couldn't get up and I told them that I was either putting him down or taking him out and shooting him myself. That convinced them to let me take him to the vet.

When he was diagnosed (two months before he was put down), the vet said I should just let him go, and I wanted to, but my parents wouldn't. I was really upset when the wouldn't let me, I loved Maxx, he's saved me from my father, but.... The next morning, I came home from school to a puppy chewing up a pair of my boxers...

It's funny, actually... Maxx was my stray, not theirs... He helped me raise Mo-Mo (though my mutt has some intelligence issues - he's smart, he can open doors, etc, but he runs into walls....).

That was in March... That's when he was put down... I don't want to loose Mo-Mo, at least not for a while...

FELIPE NO
Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 11:43 AM #24 of 37
How do you dispose of your medium-sized pets? I guess you can't just throw them in the trash without suspicians of animal cruelty or something. Is there a free service that will dispose of your pet if you don't want to dig a grave for them in your backyard? Who do you call?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wulf
Arf

Member 15016

Level 6.05

Nov 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 01:49 PM #25 of 37
Originally Posted by Maico
How do you dispose of your medium-sized pets? I guess you can't just throw them in the trash without suspicians of animal cruelty or something. Is there a free service that will dispose of your pet if you don't want to dig a grave for them in your backyard? Who do you call?
Some cemetaries will do ceremonies for pets, or so I've heard... I haven't found one yet... I had to bury my Malamute in the back yard... I have a white-barked tree of some sort marking his grave (I don't know what type of tree, I just told my father I wanted it to be a white tree).

I think my mother buried our albino German Shepard in one of those cemetaries a long time ago.... You might call and ask a local cemetary or something... I don't know, I usually let my parents take care of that until I was around 13 - then I started burying them in the back yard...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Pet demise