Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Xenogears

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 02:35 PM #26 of 33
If your a person thats like "new is better and old is crap" and If you didn't enjoy any rpg's from back in the playstation days, then don't get it.
If you like rpg's and have a good amount of time in your hands then get it. Get it NOW >_<.
This game has a great story, awsome characters, memorable music, and the mechs are so much better looking than what Xenosaga had to offer.
The story may leave you confused and you have to do alot of reading but it's worth it, but i'm guessing you'll be used to it after playing so2
Punch your friend in the face and get the game

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Mackey Hiromu
Wark!

Member 1775

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 08:25 PM #27 of 33
Me and a friend finished this game last summer, it's great. Yes, it is very slow at some points but it plays out to be a great fulfilling RPG with an amazing and original story. You should definately get it!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 08:40 PM #28 of 33
My cousin is a goddamned moron. So far, this game is rocking hardcore. The battles aren't slow at all, and you actually have more control over what you do instead of just "attack." The only thing that bothers me about it is the few seconds it takes to get into your menu.

I found it quite hilarious when Elly was berating Fei in an anime scene and her lips kept moving at least 4 seconds after the dubbing was finished.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 03:16 AM #29 of 33
Wolfdemon--you made the right choice. I've played Xenogears more than once (and I hate the Babel section), but overall I enjoyed it. Not for gameplay, but for the story. Each time I've played it--I've caught something I missed before.

The battles are very quick--and fun when you're trying for the combos. I was never bothered by the times for the menus. They seemed to be available after a decent amount of time. I'm not sure if you've done the gear battles yet....but have fun!

I was speaking idiomatically.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 04:01 AM Local time: May 5, 2006, 01:01 AM #30 of 33
I have fought with gears, and I kinda like the ground battles better. They're a little faster somehow and it's easier to rack up AP for the awesome special combos. I may just need to play a little further for the gear battles to pick up though. I just now got Bart in my team.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 08:52 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 07:52 PM #31 of 33
I'll second the "good, but flawed" assessment of some others. The game could've used an extra layer of polish and some fine-tuning in a number of areas but overall it's a worthwhile experience. Xenogears is the RPG that I think of as being more fun to talk about than to play, if that makes sense.

FELIPE NO
~MV
Fafner
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6437

Level 2.00

May 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:38 PM #32 of 33
Xenogears could use some polish, but what 8 year old game couldn't? Xenogears is the best RPG I've ever played, just based on story and characters alone.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 08:55 PM #33 of 33
Best game ever made. Like, ever.

The Jung, the Nietzsche, the Freud - Everything's in there, along with Judeo-Christian mythos and giant robots. People said it was too text-heavy - hell, every FF I've ever played felt text-threadbare. More text = more plot.

As for disc two, I actually enjoyed it more than disc one. Character development was more prominent, and the plot went crazy (in a good way).

Fuck FF7. Square needs to focus on this hidden gem.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Xenogears