Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Help finding composers for two obscure games

Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:18 PM #1 of 4
Help finding composers for two obscure games

I'd like to request some help finding composers for a couple of my most loved soundtracks, both of which are relatively unknown and very underappreciated. Neither of them has an official soundtrack release or game rip; I just have the music because I got it right off of the game discs.

The first is Dr. Brain Action Reaction, for the PC. The game isn't even listed at GameFAQs. I emailed Knowledge Adventure (the company who made it) asking if they could check their records for who did the music, but they never got back to me.

Here's the Amazon page for it.

The other title is Destruction Derby Raw for PS1. Here's the GameFAQs page. It says Studio 33 was the developer, but it seems they were owned by Psygnosis. Psygnosis (and Studio 33) got bought by SCEE awhile back. So, it doesn't look like Psygnosis exists anymore.

I found a Psygnosis fansite, but their listing for Raw is blank.

I'll continue researching, but if anyone can help out in anyway, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: I'm not sure where the games are, so I can't play them and find the credits that way.

EDIT^2: I found Raw, but there's no way I'm playing through it all to get to the credits. Hopefully there's a way to view them without beating the game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Oct 8, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:56 AM #2 of 4
"Destruction Derby Raw" was composed by Gary McKill, Mike Clarke and Dan Selby.

I'm usually a big fan of Psygnosis music, but I never had the chance to hear the soundtrack to this game. Would it be possible to request an upload of it from you?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:14 PM #3 of 4
Thanks, Rimo! One down, one to go.

I uploaded a .rar of the Raw music. There are 12 tracks, but I only included the first 10 (11 & 12 are blank).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sr5enh

Enjoy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:08 PM #4 of 4
Thanks much!

The music is pretty cool, so it's great to have had the chance to hear it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Help finding composers for two obscure games