Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

EXCEL help

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:39 AM #1 of 3
EXCEL help

I have a lot of data in a single cell that needs to be spread out, one piece of data per column. Is there an automatic way of doing it? I can't seem to find the help that pertains to it in excel. Thank you.

PS: I attached the file so you guys can see what I am talking about.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MALE89.zip (5.5 KB, 2 views)
Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:58 AM #2 of 3
Well... this is interesting. I'm not able to open .PRN files but I checked the extension and found out I can open the files in a text editor. I opened this file in a text editor and at a glance it looked tab-delimited to me... but it really wasn't.

I renamed the file from MALE89.PRN to MALE89.TXT.

Started up excel.

File Open >> Choose text file from drop down >> select MALE89.TXT

Choose Fixed width format in the next dialog box. Excel figures out the columns for you. Hit Finish. Data is there. I don't know if this will work for you or not... but I managed to get some sort of data from that file you sent.

XLS file is attached.

What you might want to do with your original XLS file is to save it as a CSV or even TXT file and try reimporting it the way I listed above.

Most amazing jew boots
Attached Files
File Type: zip MALE89.zip (18.3 KB, 2 views)
Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2006, 02:45 PM #3 of 3
Thank you very much! This helped me tons with my work.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > EXCEL help