Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Gunz

Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:09 PM #1 of 19
GunZ

Main Site: http://gunzonline.com/

http://gunz.ijji.com/

Download Links

http://gunzonline.com/
http://gunzfactor.com/downloadgunz.php

What is Gunz Online?

Gunz Online is a MMOTPS which has high population especially in Korea, and the developer is MAIET, which is not well known.

Certainly there are only 3 types of servers: kGunz, jGunz, iGunz. (Gunz Korea, Gunz Japan and Gunz International.)

Like most of MMO games, they run their own cash system, but iGunz isn’t supporting the cash system right now. This MMOTPS is a game where you are able to customize your own character with weapons you prefer and clothing you prefer, but downside is there is also level requirement. (While kGunz has permanent cash item, but jGunz only support renting cash items for only limited time)

Unlike most MMOTPS, or any MMO-shooter, you can wall up walls, do wall-run, tumble forward/backward. So basically like “Matrix” style. (Sorry no slow motion unlike F.E.A.R)

Gunz isn’t all well-known game either just like their developer outside of Korea and Japan, but it seems like that the population is increasing.

Things to know before you start (Default setting)

Keyboard

W =Forward
A =Left
D =Right
S =Backward.

W X2 = Dash forward
A X2 = Dash left
D X2 = Dash right
S X2 = Dash backward

F12 = Screenshot
F11 = Start recording/end recording
Enter = Chat during match/send message
‘ = Chat in team.
/r = Reply back when PMed.
/whisper NAME = PM the player
Enter+! = Chat in team.
Enter+ # = Chat in clan.
Space = Jump
Shift = Block (Sword/Kodachi)
E = Cycle weapon right.
Q = Cycle weapon left.
R = Reload.
1 = Weapon 1(Sword/dagger/kodachi)
2 = Weapon 2 (Pistol/rocket/rifle/shotgun/machinegun)
3 = Weapon 3 (Pistol/rocket/rifle/shotgun/machinegun)
4 = Sub-item (Grenade/armour repair/ HP pack)
5= Sub-item (Grenade/armour repair/ HP pack)

Mouse

Right click = Shoot/slash/stab
Left click = Uppercut/knockdown/hang on wall
Scroll = Cycle weapon

K-Style

Fan Site

http://www.gunzfactor.com/index.php

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Kimchi; Feb 6, 2007 at 06:18 PM.
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 02:40 PM #2 of 19
Nice. One of my friends (at cp) plays the Japanese version since it's so ahead in updates. He was showing me, and there seem to be a lot of English players as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:42 PM #3 of 19
Lol... Netmarble owns the jGunz now, and same with kGunz. iGunz is... on its own.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:46 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 11:46 AM #4 of 19
This would have been good if it wasnt for the super lag that makes your enemy unkillable (i used 4 clips on a single guy didnt work)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 03:45 PM #5 of 19
The lag is a lot differet now. You prob played couple months ago. Now every body is under 200 ping, and I am not talking about iGunz, I am talking about jGunz. Getting 200 ping is pretty good, which means you won't lag out or won't be spending 100000 clips to kill a lagging bastard since there is no laggers. And BTW hackers are bascially gone now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rain Sun Moon
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4223

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:54 PM #6 of 19
Wasn't there some big scare a while ago that said that Gunz was unsafe to play because of hackers and the way the game sends packets to everyone?

This was fun for a while anyway... but I didn't like having weaker weapons than everyone else so I guess I wouldn't come back to it anyway.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:51 PM #7 of 19
Closed beta at http://gunz.ijji.com/guide.nhn?m=advancedcontrols. Yes after the beta, it will be actual game without lag.

FELIPE NO
Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 02:40 PM #8 of 19
i love this game...im too slow to be any good but it's fun anyways

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:01 PM #9 of 19
At the moment, Ijji have closed down their GunZ server until further notice (I am guessing late December), so play iGunz =D.

I am lvl 11, since I started all over again.

How ya doing, buddy?
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:23 PM #10 of 19
The closed beta was pretty fun! I vowed to get to atleast level 15 to try out the new fire enchanted sword and it was pretty awesome.

Quest mode wasn't bad either, but it wasn't anywhere near completed. It'll be a while until things are fleshed out, but the closed beta showed a substantially less amount of hackers and much better pings!

Most amazing jew boots

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
Silent J
Chocobo

Member 1832

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:57 PM Local time: Dec 3, 2006, 07:57 PM #11 of 19
This game is awesome. Easy to play, and the graphics aren't that bad. Plus the menu music ROCKS.

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 11:40 AM #12 of 19
I recieved news not too long ago that the english version is back up with that whole advanture mode whatever. That thing where you help each other kill monsters instead of kill each other. Either way I will try and get it again soon. I love gunz

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 09:37 PM #13 of 19
You mean quest mode? BTW, you can get elemental items by doing quest (high lvl ones) without buying it with credit card =O

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2006, 01:16 AM #14 of 19
I played this one before. The Philippines has shitloads of Korean online games and this is one of them. It is kinda cool, but I got bored of it after an hour of playing. The music is great though. It's probably why I lasted an hour playing the game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aquas
Oh, Nall...

Member 4590

Level 13.98

Apr 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:28 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 06:28 AM #15 of 19
Haha I was temporarily addicted to this. I built a character all the way up to when I could buy a machine gun. I used it for a while, kicked more ass, and stopped playing. It was kinda weird when I played like 9 months ago or whatever, I mopped the floor with everyone when I played, and occasionally there'd be one good player. I came to the assumption that koreans suck at the game, and there are just a ton of newbies who play it for whatever reason. Heh. Pro'lly like vemp mentioned, they got tons of online games and that's one of em'. As for the complicated moves, I never honed them down much, but I got a bud and his brother who were pretty insane players that mopped the floors wherever they went, always, with quick-step fuckin' goin' all over the place. It's a definitive game of skill if you ever wanted one.

Gotta dig that K-Rock =D

FELIPE NO
In your dreams, magical thoughts
All things are real, unless you dream they're not
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:27 PM #16 of 19
The music from this game needs to be ripped. Or does anyone have a site with some tracks?

How ya doing, buddy?
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:09 PM #17 of 19
Originally Posted by Aquas
As for the complicated moves, I never honed them down much, but I got a bud and his brother who were pretty insane players that mopped the floors wherever they went, always, with quick-step fuckin' goin' all over the place. It's a definitive game of skill if you ever wanted one.
Absolutely correct! This game is one of the few that allows me to tap into my superhuman killing potential. There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not accused of hacking.

In all seriousness, GunZ is a game I've stayed quite consistent with for about a yalf and a half now. I played the international version since its early days and my first character reached level 45, before getting hacked and deleted. By then I'd learned enough about the game to grit my teeth and start entirely over, eventually getting to a level in the mid 50s. Somewhere along the way I became a master at the game. I do consider myself to be one of the best players out there, but there are still plenty of people better than me, which is scary! This was the last screenshot I took before the close of iGunZ. Now you can see why so many people think I hack.. Since the North American version was released I've remade my character, BlackyHaze, and just hit level 20 today. I'm always playing so I'd be up for a game at any time!

I tell everyone that I learned how to be a pro just by going to the GunZ page on Wiki! It looks a lot more confusing that it really is.. >_>

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."

Last edited by Plarom; Dec 17, 2006 at 09:09 PM.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 08:48 PM #18 of 19
Skills I mastered

Gear Step

Half Half step

Eighth Step

Wind Step

DBF

Instafall

Reload Half step

Wind Step (little shabby)

BF

Lol, being high level doesn't mean you are good or anything =.= go and post your reply at Gunzfactor. I can gaurentee you that it will be mediocre.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Silent J
Chocobo

Member 1832

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:36 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 04:36 PM #19 of 19
Originally Posted by Manny Biggz
The music from this game needs to be ripped. Or does anyone have a site with some tracks?
I found a rip over at the Final Fantasy Shrine forums. Make sure you register and do a quick search. You'll find it soon enough.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Gunz