Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Slang You Regret

Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 05:48 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 03:48 AM #26 of 35
I don't know if this really counts, but I find it really sad that the word "Fag" is thrown around so commonly to insult people. I am not saying I don't use it because I do, but it's just sad knowing that even in front of some gayt people, people I know will just say fag over and over again.

BTW, dude rules. Dude.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:46 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 02:46 PM #27 of 35
Originally Posted by Jan
Hella is so hilarious yet extreemely lame. As far as I know it originated from South Park during the early seasons possibly the first season which was a loooong time ago now.

Anyway there are a lot of barely tolerable internet slang terms which upon hearing them actually said IRL would cause an explosion.
You have no idea how many people I know now use the phrases Ghey and Pwned in normal conversation.

Funny though because most of the people who do it have barely touched a computer in their lives, they just find it hilarious that nerds type that kind of shite and it translates to pretty funny conversations in the pub. Sorry, phub.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:07 AM #28 of 35
Originally Posted by Jan
Hella is so hilarious yet extreemely lame. As far as I know it originated from South Park during the early seasons possibly the first season which was a loooong time ago now.

Anyway there are a lot of barely tolerable internet slang terms which upon hearing them actually said IRL would cause an explosion.
I have a friend that still uses this word. "Hella, this" and "hella, that", it's always hella something. Nothing can ever be regular with him without attaching "hella" to it.

Dude is quite cool. I use it a lot myself, especially with my family.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:13 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 04:13 PM #29 of 35
back when i was still in secondary school, somehow the word 'safe' became the new word for 'cool' and it just annoyed me to no end for some reason. it soon evolved into 'bare safe' to mean extremely 'cool' and it even managed to end up on some societies advertising posters x.x;; it wasn't just my school either, it spread to the other local private schools and even my sister's school 10 miles away had started using it (even more annoyingly she picked it up too). another one was 'wicks' or 'wickes' instead of 'wicked' which i didn't really get either...

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:37 AM #30 of 35
There was a time where a group of my friends consistently used "modus pwnd." I felt like shooting them in both kneecaps and asking, "Where's my money?"

Between my roommate, another friend, and I, we have coined a myriad (hundreds) of words and phrases and even... actions demonstrating our retardedness.. er... ridiculousness. Some words include: "GAMF, BAMF, zon't, Clutch Jodan, Rawr Foo, roffle, der." Some phrases include: "well, look at this morose mother fucker... looks like someone shit in his cereal", "take that fact. chew on it", and "biggety bam! no more shit stains in your undies." a new one that's coming about is "jejune bastard." An exemplary action has been my roommate and mine's high-five fake over-the-head.

Mind you, all the above mentioned words, phrases, and actions have been said/used at least once every single fucking day of my college life.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:54 AM #31 of 35
Probably..... "yo". It just sounds so.... different.

FELIPE NO
andkeener
Banned

Member 83

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:20 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 10:20 AM #32 of 35
Originally Posted by kat
It's seemingly a Northern California phenomenon. Does any other area of the country use it?

Here in western Washington 'Hella' has been around since I was in elementry school, at least (so about 11 years ago). When did the first season of South Park come out?

I don't know if this is as much slang as it would be an accent, but the way people from the south talk drives me crazy! With their draaaaaaaaaawwwwwwnn out sentences, and sayings like, "y'all" and "ain't no good". But every group of people from different places around the world all have their different slang, new words and sayings come and go almost as much as internet fads.

Double Post:
Oh seeing the avatar about mine makes me realized that "YEAH", "WHHHAT!?", and "OOOOKAY" all drive me crazy. "Crunk" is also a ridiculous saying.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by andkeener; Mar 15, 2006 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:28 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:28 AM #33 of 35
Any of the so called pop music terms, bling bling, hella, crunk and whatever else ridiculous drivel comes out of rap/pop music.

I do use gay or fag quite a bit though. Many things are ghey/gay.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:31 PM #34 of 35
Originally Posted by stormshadow
Any of the so called pop music terms, bling bling, hella, crunk and whatever else ridiculous drivel comes out of rap/pop music.

I do use gay or fag quite a bit though. Many things are ghey/gay.
Almost any slang in a rapid video irritates me.

Is "son" still cool?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 03:39 AM #35 of 35
Originally Posted by nazpyro
There was a time where a group of my friends consistently used "modus pwnd." I felt like shooting them in both kneecaps and asking, "Where's my money?"

Between my roommate, another friend, and I, we have coined a myriad (hundreds) of words and phrases and even... actions demonstrating our retardedness.. er... ridiculousness. Some words include: "GAMF, BAMF, zon't, Clutch Jodan, Rawr Foo, roffle, der." Some phrases include: "well, look at this morose mother fucker... looks like someone shit in his cereal", "take that fact. chew on it", and "biggety bam! no more shit stains in your undies." a new one that's coming about is "jejune bastard." An exemplary action has been my roommate and mine's high-five fake over-the-head.

Mind you, all the above mentioned words, phrases, and actions have been said/used at least once every single fucking day of my college life.
Congratulations! You've watched some Kevin Smith films.

I rememeber back in the day, when I was in primary school, the word 'choice' because the new buzz word. Things wern't cool any more, they were choice. Choice bike! Choice shirt! Choice sandwich! How retarded little kids are!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
<33

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Slang You Regret