Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

avg not updating

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 02:19 AM #1 of 4
avg not updating

well I use AVG antivirus and lately I can't update it because it always failed to connect to the server. So I think the problem could be because they change the port number recently and it's block... the problem is I can't find which port they are using...

but I,m not sure if it's the problem... anyone has that problem?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 06:23 AM #2 of 4
What version of AVG are you using? If you are using version 7.0--or whatever came before 7.5--it has been dropped from support; that could be the cause of your problems.

AVG updates have always been done over standard HTTP, so port 80 has and will remain the port used for downloading updates. You could, however, try using a proxy by configuring the update manager's settings in AVG's "control center."
I did once have this issue a few years ago, but that was surely from some issue with the update site used then; "free.grisoft.cz" was notoriously slow at times, whereas the grisoft.com domain worked fine.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:52 PM #3 of 4
I have the 7.5 version. I can update it but I have to try a couple of time before it work...

It's probably their server, I don't know...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:01 PM #4 of 4
I have this problem sometimes too, although it seems to fix itself.
I remember just updating at a later date and it could connect fine.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > avg not updating