Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The simple things you never knew

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:31 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 10:31 AM #76 of 90
Maybe he feels 1000mL is somehow more precise than 1 quart because it has more numbers in it, or something (either way I still say you're going to lose the precision from the conversion by choosing to either measure to the top/bottom/middle of the line on your glass).

b) That adding a "the" before a particular street name or highway is a part of speech/language particular to an area you come from. It's most common for Southern Californians such as myself to give directions like, "Take the 405 North to the 101 and get off on the second exit." Where a Northern Californian, (as I'm told) would typically leave out the first couple "the"s.
Yeah, I found that out over the summer. Here in the east we tend to call most numbered roads "Route" unless it's an interstate where we'll prefix it with an I. So, instead of driving on the 5 from LA to SF you'd take I-5.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kinkymagic
I made more lousy pictures than any actor in history.

Member 1409

Level 16.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:26 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 06:26 PM #77 of 90
When I was young I thought lemmings actually looked like

Most amazing jew boots

“When I slap you you'll take it and like it.”
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:29 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 11:29 PM #78 of 90
Yeah, I found that out over the summer. Here in the east we tend to call most numbered roads "Route" unless it's an interstate where we'll prefix it with an I. So, instead of driving on the 5 from LA to SF you'd take I-5.
huh I've heard of people calling highways "Route" but here we just call them highways (hwy 38) and we usually just abbreviate interstates to I, like I-5.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:41 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 09:41 PM #79 of 90
I've only just learnt today that Americans and Canadians don't use A4 as a regular paper size 0__o

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 08:43 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 08:43 PM #80 of 90
Huh, who told you that? That doesn't make any sense why one system would be more accurate than another. 1 cup will always equal 236.59 ml and vice versa... It is stupid to say that 1mm is more accurate than .03937in since they mean the exact same thing O_o, the same goes for ANY other measurement system as well. Seriously there is nothing wrong with the English measurement system.

At my work we use mostly letter sized paper and on occasion legal sized paper. I've heard of A4 before but never used it, I'm not even sure where I could buy that here if I can at all.

Gumby, you fail to realize. Say you need eggs for a cake.

There are many many bakers who argue this over and over which is more accurate. Most will agree metric is more accurate just because of this.

Say you need 12 eggs or egg yolks. 1 cup/240 MLs.

Since every egg has different SIZE egg yolks/whites. It is more accurate/easier to measure by VOLUME 240 MLs then it is by 12 eggs/egg yolks or 1 cup.

EDIT:

And I was told Racin, that your suppose to measure below the line. Though I forgot the technical term of it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Senorita Preved
Surprise Kangaroo Sweaterer and Hugger

Member 12294

Level 9.60

Sep 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:44 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 12:44 PM #81 of 90
Senorita Awsome: I hate raisins. I'm going to set fire to a raisin bush.
Unamed second party that thinks hes cool but isnt: uhhh you know what raisins are aren't you?
Senorita Awsome: yeah they come from the raisin bush
Unamed second party that thinks hes cool but isnt: ...

who cares where raisins come from Im not a fucking botanist >: (

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 10:57 PM #82 of 90

There are many many bakers who argue this over and over which is more accurate. Most will agree metric is more accurate just because of this.

Since every egg has different SIZE egg yolks/whites. It is more accurate/easier to measure by VOLUME 240 MLs then it is by 12 eggs/egg yolks or 1 cup.

EDIT:

And I was told Racin, that your suppose to measure below the line. Though I forgot the technical term of it.
I think you're referring to the meniscus?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 08:56 PM #83 of 90
Huh, who told you that? That doesn't make any sense why one system would be more accurate than another. 1 cup will always equal 236.59 ml and vice versa... It is stupid to say that 1mm is more accurate than .03937in since they mean the exact same thing O_o, the same goes for ANY other measurement system as well. Seriously there is nothing wrong with the English measurement system.
Well, as a decent cook myself, I say that measurements in cooking/baking/whatever is all relative, so it really shouldn't matter so long as you're keeping consistency with the system you're using in relation to what you're measuring.

I dunno... I never cooked anything that precisely before so I may be wrong in this... I'm an eyeball-measuring type of cook. /shrugs

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:14 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 10:14 PM #84 of 90
Peanuts come from the ground. I always thought there was a peanut bush or something, and you just picked the peanuts off.

But nope. Peanuts are a root plant.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:10 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 11:10 PM #85 of 90
When I was a wee bairn, I thought semen = pee.

Most amazing jew boots
Spyder 232
Meh

Member 18153

Level 4.94

Jan 2007

Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:58 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 04:58 PM #86 of 90
Root beer made you drunk...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:26 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 07:26 PM #87 of 90

Don't most large-scale bakeries measure things by weight? That's a much more efficient, and precise, method of measuring ingredients (in which case it doesn't matter if you use grams, pounds, or stones, as long as you're measuring just as precisely you'll get the same value).

Quote:

Umm...a cup is a volumetric measurement in the same way that 240mL is. You're just as likely to actually measure out 238mL as 1.005 cups. Tell, me, which system is more accurate, Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Also, I'd also guess that 12 eggs is closer to 1 cup than 240 megaliters, so I figure imperial would be a better system if you don't know your metric prefixes.

Quote:
As nabhan said, it's the meniscus.

FELIPE NO
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:29 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2007, 11:29 PM #88 of 90
Well it depends, some meausre by volume, some by weight. It depends who is the owner/head baker.

By ML, I ment mililiters..... I suppose mL I shoudl have used instead of ML.

Though I thought there was no such thing as Megaliters.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
n8thegr898
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 22325

Level 2.00

Apr 2007

Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:47 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 08:47 PM #89 of 90
simple computer things

For the longest time I had so many problems with the simple computer things. i always thought the hard drive was the entire computer. The monitor was like a tv and you could have it on and work without the computer being turned on. It was really stupid, I know. But, I grew up in the stage where computers were all new and you didn't get started on computers from the beginning. I guess we all learn, huh?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:21 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 10:21 AM #90 of 90
I never realized that the ABC song is the same as Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star until high school.

Also, I didn't realize your foot was as big as your forearm. I didn't think my foot was that big.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dance party!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The simple things you never knew