Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nero getting wrong filesize? or is it just me?

FannKiba
Memories of Nobody

Member 2366

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 12:23 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 10:23 PM #1 of 4
Nero getting wrong filesize? or is it just me?

Alright, so here I am trying to burn a video on DVD format with Nero, and I even took the video and made it 510 megs or so with windows movie maker. But for some reason when I put the video in the area for what to burn, it says the filesize is like over, 700-800 megs. Ive done this with both versions of the video, AVI and WMV and it does the same thing. Any programs or someone able to help me figure this out? I really want to be able to watch this on my tv =/

Its been a while since I posted here, so if this is the wrong forum Mod please move, thx.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Funky Soy Sauce Pringles
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 07:46 AM #2 of 4
Check in Windows Explorer and see how big it thinks the file is.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 08:55 AM Local time: May 30, 2007, 02:55 PM #3 of 4
Could it be that Nero is automatically converting your video to the MPEG-2 video with AC3 audio format required by the DVD Video specification? If so, then you will find that an MPEG-2 video is always substantially larger than any kind of AVI or WMV file.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FannKiba
Memories of Nobody

Member 2366

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 04:14 PM Local time: May 30, 2007, 02:14 PM #4 of 4
Alright, well I'll check what WE thinks the size is, but if it is switching it to MPEG-2/AC3 is there a way to get it to stop? Or anything out there that will LET me burn this onto a cd?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Funky Soy Sauce Pringles

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Nero getting wrong filesize? or is it just me?