Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Suikoden Club v...8

Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:31 AM Local time: Aug 6, 2007, 11:31 PM #51 of 69
I have no clue, but "Undub" just sounds like it'd be without English dubbing.

...And a quick Google search informs me that this is almost assuredly the case. English text with the spoken dialogue in Japanese. Basically for Japanophiles.
Well, that I could figure out. What I meant was: is this some sort of fan product that is available on ROM, or what? Could I download it? I looked on Google and didn't find what I was looking for.

And I think that without being a "Japanophile" it would be worthwhile, considering that the American voice actors were, more or less, B-actor quality.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:34 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2007, 01:34 AM #52 of 69
The voice actors are from the same pool of 40 or so that all the major companies use for their games.

Anyway, it's a hack that was made by fans. It's in the standard .iso format, like all PS2 DVD-ROM rips. You would download it with a torrent program and burn it onto a blank DVD.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:56 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2007, 01:56 PM #53 of 69
True. But it was discovered by Columbus in 1492--500+ years ago.

Shin--I understand what you're saying. We've all been brought up with Fairy Tales that originated in Europe, so we tend to think of the voices with those accents. The same can be said for video games. (Wow...Video Games as modern fairy tales....lol)
At least some games companies seem to be learning now. One of the tings I like about FFXII is that there's very few American accents in it, what with the Archadian Empire all having British accents (Coz they're evil, naturally). Sure, Vaan still sounds like someone you want to punch from a second rate Disney film but luckily he doesn't say a great deal. Likewise, Fable scored big for only using British voice actors although as a pretty much 100% British game you'd expect that I guess.

How ya doing, buddy?
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2007, 03:45 AM #54 of 69
What I enjoyed about FFXII's voice acting was every area had a different accent. It's the first video game where the accents seemed normal and made you feel like you were traveling the globe.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:58 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 11:58 PM #55 of 69
Hey guys, I started playing Suikoden V again yesterday and was wondering if someone can help me out. I asked on GameFAQs but the S5 board seems kind of dead.. I'm at an early point in the game just after you can start recruiting new characters, according to the guides (and Lyon) I need to go to Rainwell next. Problem is they aren't good at giving directions, it says follow the river going northeast from Southern Wharf to Rainwell but all I get to is a dead end.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3554/stuckrx4.jpg

Theres only one way to leave Raftfleet and thats by Logg's ship right? I keep running in circles here, from Raftfleet to Lordlake and that dead end. -_-

FELIPE NO
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:10 AM #56 of 69
Hey guys, I started playing Suikoden V again yesterday and was wondering if someone can help me out. I asked on GameFAQs but the S5 board seems kind of dead.. I'm at an early point in the game just after you can start recruiting new characters, according to the guides (and Lyon) I need to go to Rainwell next. Problem is they aren't good at giving directions, it says follow the river going northeast from Southern Wharf to Rainwell but all I get to is a dead end.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3554/stuckrx4.jpg

Theres only one way to leave Raftfleet and thats by Logg's ship right? I keep running in circles here, from Raftfleet to Lordlake and that dead end. -_-
Well I did find this which might help you out http://www.chezcanelle.fr/suikodenV/geographieV/map.jpg

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:15 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 01:15 AM #57 of 69
Thanks, I actually tried finding a map for myself but had no luck. >.>

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:22 AM #58 of 69
no prob glade I could help

rainwall was the first town you go to right? it been to long I don't remember anymore

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:03 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 09:03 AM #59 of 69
No, that was Lordlake. Rainwall is south of Haud and is the headquarters of the Barrows Faction.

ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:42 PM #60 of 69
No, that was Lordlake. Rainwall is south of Haud and is the headquarters of the Barrows Faction.
oh thanks That one I did not have much trouble finding myself tho most everyplace else......

Tyr
Carob Nut

Member 852

Level 6.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 03:11 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 01:11 PM #61 of 69
So is there any rumors or news at the Tokyo show if the sixth game is in some form of development? There has been zero news for over a year now and beginning to worry that the development team might have been dissolved.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 08:31 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 06:31 PM #62 of 69
No, but I don't understand why everyone gets so worried. There was two or so years before the announcement of Suikoden III ways back.

My bet is that it won't be shown until TGS '08.

How ya doing, buddy?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:21 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2007, 12:51 AM #63 of 69
Just a question for the hardcore Suikoden Fans:

I have never personally played any of the suikoden games but I will eventually play them since me and my fiance do own them all and it is her favourite rpg series of all time.

We're also video game collectors as well, mostly rare anime style rpgs.

I'm currently working up in Fort McMurray Alberta and at the local EB Games there I guess people don't really know the value of their games because I've come across some really great titles for a very cheap price.

So Far I've found up there two copies of Valkryie Profile, unfortunately I couldn't buy them because I didn't have any money at the time. I also managed to pick up Vandal Hearts II, Saga Frontier II and a few other for less than $5.

I've come across a copy of Suikoden which was practically in near mint condition and the game itself was only $3.00 so I ended up picking it up.

There is a major difference between this game and other copies that I've seen before the game that I bought was a single case copy of suikoden, much like how the case is for suikoden II, but every other copy that I've ever seen of suikoden I is the double case with the classic original artwork and the front artwork of the game that I picked up is the same as the booklet for the double case version.

I wanted to make sure that I didn't have a fake, so I checked the disc and the back artwork and everything is legitmate.

Was suikoden I ever realeased as a single case game instead of the double case. I was thinking of selling it since me and my fiance already own the double case copy but if this is a rare version of the suikoden I game more than likely I will probably hold onto it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 12:33 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 11:33 PM #64 of 69
Only a double case, so far as I know.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 03:20 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2007, 01:20 AM #65 of 69
The only single case version of Suikoden was on the Saturn, but that didn't come out here.

Someone just left out the horrendous US front cover slip and put it into a single case.

Most amazing jew boots
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2007, 04:15 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2007, 03:15 AM #66 of 69
While I've been playing Suikoden V I've been having this feeling that I should be playing Suikoden IV instead. I haven't thoroughly played or beaten a Suikoden game since III, almost 5 years ago. Question for anyone who's beat Suikoden IV and V, are there any cross references or reasons I should play IV first? I know enough about the series to know that none are direct sequels but often have returning characters. IIRC Suikoden IV takes place 180 years before Suikoden I, which makes me more interested in finding out who's over 100 years old. lol

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 06:54 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 08:24 PM #67 of 69
This is what Angel was talking about.

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:55 PM #68 of 69
That's the one I have, Chibi....

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:24 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 10:24 PM #69 of 69
Yes, well aware of what he meant. It's not an official release, just some modifications done by others.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Suikoden Club v...8