Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Horrible Work Day

Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:40 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2007, 05:40 PM #1 of 16
Horrible Work Day

To those who don't know me I'm Anazai, Zephyrin's wife. I'm a waitress at the Olive Garden, and I just got home from the most busy day that I've ever had. It was horrible. Yeah, I made a lot of tips, but I never stopped. I wanna hear about your most horrible day at work: see if I can get a laugh or two...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:19 PM #2 of 16
There's nothing horrible about being busy at work. Time flies in the process. Having no responsibility and nothing to do is what would be horrible.

Speaking of Olive Garden, why are there always 9 billion people waiting for a table. Is it really that hard for them to set up reservations. I love it when there's only like, 5 chairs, and everyone is standing, trying to avoid staring at one another at the entrance.

Course I was carded today when I ordered a strawberry margarita. Waitress called me "honey" then started calling me "sir" after seeing my ID. Are you even serious.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:41 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2007, 11:41 PM #3 of 16
Worst day at work was when I went to work with the flu. My grandpa gave me the ultimatum that I either worked that day or I'd help my cousins move stuff. Janitorial and drafting work sounded a damn sight better than heavy lifting under severe physical stress.

I still felt like death was just around the corner. As a consolation, I at least infected one person.

Most amazing jew boots
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:10 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 07:10 AM #4 of 16
There's nothing horrible about being busy at work. Time flies in the process. Having no responsibility and nothing to do is what would be horrible.
QFT.

That about sums up my entire fucking time out here in this box of sand. Sitting on guard duty in an enclosed compound for 14 plus hours, starting at four in the morning and ending from between four in the afternoon to six in the evening. Having to realize that government contractors make more money than you do for doing the same things you do, watching the massive amount of waste occur and knowing there isn't a damn thing you can do to really "prove it" other than your own word of mouth.

Worst fucking year of work I've ever had, really. It's hard to look in the mirror some days.

How ya doing, buddy?
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Sep 30, 2007, 02:59 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 12:59 PM #5 of 16
The thing is Olive Garden doesn't take reservations. I know it sucks. Yesterday the entire lobby was so crammed with people I had to squeeze to get out of the door. It was cold outside and nobody wanted to wait out there. The hosts decided to triple seat me over and over again. Triple seating is when they seat your table then they seat you another table 30-45 secs. later and then another. When they do this I run around like crazy and get stressed out. But time did fly. Another thing that made it horrible is that Zephyrin told me I need to start losing weight. He told me that the night before this work day. I ATE NOTHING. I was so shaky and I had no energy. It was bad. Then I came home and marital issues rose up and that was a pain. But I'm getting over it. Still not eating much though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:12 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 01:12 PM #6 of 16
The thing is Olive Garden doesn't take reservations. I know it sucks. Yesterday the entire lobby was so crammed with people I had to squeeze to get out of the door. It was cold outside and nobody wanted to wait out there. The hosts decided to triple seat me over and over again. Triple seating is when they seat your table then they seat you another table 30-45 secs. later and then another. When they do this I run around like crazy and get stressed out. But time did fly. Another thing that made it horrible is that Zephyrin told me I need to start losing weight. He told me that the night before this work day. I ATE NOTHING. I was so shaky and I had no energy. It was bad. Then I came home and marital issues rose up and that was a pain. But I'm getting over it. Still not eating much though.

You should still eat even if you are losing weight. Just change up your diet. No fast food and be more health conscious as well as doing some basic exercise like walking or jogging or even crunches and simple weight lifting. Don't just stop eating, that's the worst thing you could ever do.

Any way, back on topic. My worst day, probably when I was working at Toys R Us and this guy caught me just minutes before I was going to clock out. He wanted a bike and started asking all these specific questions that were difficult for me to answer but I tried my best. When it was ready for me to leave I really got irritated and finally after being 5 minutes from clocking out I put him onto someone else. That just made that part of the day bad, though overall I can't recall any real horrible days at work. They've either been uneventful and boring or just fine.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:27 PM #7 of 16
I love slamming days at the office, if only because it makes the time go by super-fast.

The days I hate are when I get these knotted, tangled problems on my desk wherein I waste 8 hours trying to get a straight story on what went wrong.

I used to work in a BUNCH of hotels - I LOVED it when it was busy there, but what I REALLY hated was how bitchy some of the people can be. They want shit perfect, and I am on shift ALONE. I can't do everything.

I think the WORST day I've ever had in my working career was the day I got fired from the first place I loved. I went off the deep end after a REALLY busy day, I ran my mouth, and when everyone backed me up against the owner, WE ALL got fired.

The business was sold 2 months after that. I hate to gloat, but really.

How ya doing, buddy?
sUperEgo
Banned

Member 24809

Level 8.89

Sep 2007

Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:40 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 10:40 PM #8 of 16
I used to work at a bowling alley. My worst day was when i shoved the chef into the refrigerator because he pissed me off, then he retaliated and I laughed at him. I was having a bad day as it was and he got an attitude with me when i asked him for sweet potato fries. I was shaky, afraid of losing my job, and afraid of everyone hating me after that. Come to find out though, after that little incident he quit, and no one bugged me about it. I hated that chef.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:08 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 04:08 PM #9 of 16
Yea. I worked at a bar for a bit. It was my second week in and my patience was thin at the level that I was expected to kiss ass for favors. No. Not my thing.

My manager was being an incomparable cunt from day one. The first few days I was in there, I was taught to make balloons. That was pretty much the extent of the training I received for a job in which I had never truly had prior experience. Great experience if I had wanted to join the circus...Not very good training for a future bartender.

I am aware that weeding out is a fairly normal thing so I did my job above and beyond the call of duty. He had problems with this. He is one of those anal people who, despite what might actually best for business and morale, always considers his sense of ego to be more important. "Do as I say!"

One day he was trying to lash me when I was spending time trying to treat the customer well so I called him a fucker and was promptly fired. It had indeed been a shit day. The guy obviously can't take criticism for shit.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 05:06 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 10:06 PM #10 of 16
This would actually be the reason for my worst day at work. I used to work as a chambermaid, and we had two breaks during the day. Everyone else was eating like it was going out of fashion, but I figured I could survive on coffee. I realised my mistake when I damn near collapsed after lunch break. I was given five minutes in the office with a bottle of water, but had to spend the rest of my shift working flat out to catch everyone else up whilst trying not to faint.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:16 PM #11 of 16
My worst day so far is pretty tame I guess.

Back in Grade 12, I worked at Royal Bank. I was the only CSR available at the time since everyone was on break and it was a slow day anyways. The guy looked at me and came very reluctanty. First thing he said: "Aren't you a little young to be working here?" I got flustered but continued to do his transactions. Then for no reason, he throws the cheques on the desk really hard, and I swear he would have whipped them at me if he put an ounce more force into it. I then became overly nervous and asked him to sign checks because he was intimidating for no reason, even though I knew that you don't need to sign if you're not withdrawing anything. Then he says "Don't you know anything? blah blah" calling me out on that point. Then he starts talking to himself and is in disbelief at my perceived ineptitude. Another CSR came over and helped me out, even though I knew what I was doing, just to help take the edge off. That was then the defining moment which made me not want to go ever work at the bank again after being a coop student there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:23 PM 1 #12 of 16
I worked at an appliance retailer for a week. There was an employee shortage, so the same two asshole coworkers were there every day.

One was a black kid, "Dankster" - younger than me - with the worst case of reverse racism I've ever seen. He'd turn all the radios to hardcore rap music, then tell the boss I was prejudiced against him when I changed the stations to something that might not frighten customers. He also called me a selfish bigot when I went to Burger King on my lunch and didn't bring back anything for him - but when I offered him money and asked him to pick me up a Whopper combo during his lunch, he told me "Shit, you got a car. I ain't your fucking butler." Then one day, his car was broken, so my boss asked me to drive to his place on my way to work (he lived two streets from me) and give him a ride. Dankster came out and said he'd be ready to go in a moment. I waited and honked for 25 minutes, then gave up and took off, arriving to work late. So Dankster called the store and said I never showed up. He was arrogant and treated customers like shit, but whenever I made a big sale, he'd claim that it was preferential treatment because I'm white.

The other guy, Larry, was this middle-aged redneck who did nothing around the store at all and spent the shift talking about all the chicks he'd fucked and all the beer he was gonna drink that night. He asked me if I had a girlfriend, and when I said "yes", he called me a liar and a faggot. He twice forced me to lift and carry boxes that were roughly four times my own weight, and threw a clipboard at me when I refused to lift an air conditioner from off the top shelf of the stockroom, even though the powerjack was broken.

Dankster and Larry got along well and on the day that the manager, Earl, was off, they combined forces to make my existence as miserable as possible. They made fun of me, assigned me to the most remedial tasks, refused to let me take any customers (and thus, earn no commissions) and ate my lunch while I was busy. At the end of the shift, Larry poured a bucket of screws and washers all over the carpet after I'd just vaccuumed, and said that it had to be cleaned before they open at 9AM the next day. But since I'd been assigned to floors, it wasn't his or Dankster's responsibility, and that they'd break the vaccuum, so it all had to be picked up by hand. I did this for a few minutes, but Dankster began to toss screws at me and Larry kept telling me not to scowl, I'm probably used to being on my hands and knees.

I'd had enough. I went to my car and drove home. I slept in the next morning until I was damned good and ready to go to work, arriving three hours late. I told the manager, Earl, about all the dickheaded things Dankster and Larry had done and that even if those two were fired right then and there, I didn't care; I no longer wanted to work for a store that hired that sort of asshole in the first place.

And that was that. Worst work week and day I've ever had.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:51 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 10:21 PM #13 of 16
For me I've had my share of rough days at work, because I guess no matter what kind of job you work at your going to have your shae of rough days. I've had my share of different jobs throughout my entire life but my worse day at work has got to be the job I'm working at now which is an environmental field inspector.

I was getting ready to go to oil site, to do some base inspections, concrete testing, compaction testing and geological surveys. I usually get into the office early before everybody else because the majority of the oil sites are roughly a 1/2 hour to an hour outside of town.

I had to be to the site before 8:00 so I was just casually driving without a care in the world. I came to the intersection that led to the site and its company vehicle and oil site policy that when you come to an intersection or a stop sign you must come to complete stop if you don't and your caught your vehcile gets taken away from you and you get suspended.

I was coming to the intersection, and I was gradually slowing down. i tried to come to a complete stop and pressed the brake pedal all the way down and nothing happen. Oh Shit, I have no brakes. Thankfully I had slowed down enough that I could take the turn into the road and thankfully the road proceeded upward, so my vehicle came to a complete stop. I put the vehcile in park and noticed smoke coming from the vehcile. I thought well I just lost my brakes so the brake pads or something was overheated. I proceed to call the office and tell them that I can't drive onto the site with busted brakes but as soon as I picked up the phone I noticed more smoke coming from my vehicle and I seen flames.

The first thought was to get the hell out of the vehcile because that morning I had just filled up the vehcile with a full tank of gasoline so I literally ran as fast and as hard as I could while I watched my truck and everything in it literally burn away to ash. Thankfully the vehcile didn't explode. but it was totally and completely ruined.

It was just a rough day, because supposedly it was the first time one of the company's vehicles had caught on fire and the company I work for is international so the incident made its way to the CEO. There was just so much paperwork, meetings, investigations, and the fact I worried my fiance to death. The few days afterwards, I didn't have a vehcile so I had to walk to work, but overally I'm glad I came out of it ok.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 09:12 PM #14 of 16
Wow. Crash Landon that sounds like the most horrible day ever. I would have been fuming at the mouth if I had to deal with those guys. And Angel of Light: did you ever find out why the car went up in flames?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:37 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 01:07 AM #15 of 16
Wow. Crash Landon that sounds like the most horrible day ever. I would have been fuming at the mouth if I had to deal with those guys. And Angel of Light: did you ever find out why the car went up in flames?
There was a month investigation but they couldn't really determine the cause. Initially they thought that there was some of friction within the brakepads that caused sparks and could of ignited something within the vehcile. The funny thing is when they examined the brake pads were still intact and not burnt as initially thought.

What they concluded is that it was some sort of engine fire, and that the fire had burnt through the brake line and thats why I lost my brakes. They concluded that the vehicle was already on fire from underneath as I was driving it. Its their only reasonable conclusion since they couldn't determine the real cause because the vehicle was completely ruined.

I'm not a mechanic, maybe someone is on this forum that could shed some light on the subject, but this topic is not about discovering the true cause of my situation. I just hope nobody had to go through an experience at their job in which their own life was in danger.

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:09 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 12:09 AM #16 of 16
Worse day at work is when everything goes wrong. Little mistakes that turn into bigger mistakes annoys the crap out of me and makes for a bad day at work. When I used to work in retail, making mistakes on the till made my day terrible at work. All I can think about when its been a bad work day is wanting to go home, which makes my day worse... especially when only halfway through the day.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Horrible Work Day