Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hiccups are...fun?...Annoying?

Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Aug 23, 2008, 02:00 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2008, 12:00 AM #1 of 13
Hiccups are...fun?...Annoying?

Hey ya'll. I'm having the biggest fit of hiccups right now. I had a nice 3 glasses of wine and now I'm, hiccuping like crazy.

When I met my husband and told him to cough while you are hicupping it was the craziest thing! Seriously, do it. It's awesome.

We all have our way of getting rid of it and we all have our different opinions on if we like or hate them. I actually LOVE them. They are so fun, but tend to be a bit embarrising in public places like a school classroom.

So, who likes them? How annoying are they? What is your best way to get rid of them?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2008, 02:13 AM Local time: Aug 23, 2008, 01:13 AM 4 #2 of 13
Try drowning yourself in the bathtub. Works every time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:30 AM #3 of 13
I usually drink a ton of water or hold my breath. It's the easiest way to get rid of them really. I hate hiccups because when you try to cough as well it just hurts.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2008, 02:01 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2008, 07:01 PM #4 of 13
I hate having the hiccups, since I always worry that they're never going to go away. I try every classic method; drinking water upside down, standing on my head, holding my breath and such, but nothing seems to work so I just have to wait for them to stop.

A friend of mine told me he once had the hiccups at a festival and a random bloke walked over and punched him hard in the chest. He was mad as hell until he realised his hiccups had stopped.

Most amazing jew boots
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2008, 03:14 PM #5 of 13
For some reason, I don't really get hiccups. I used to get them all the time when eating certain foods, for some reason... But I'd just drink a mouthful of water or something and they'd usually be gone.

Now, like I said, I don't really get them--if I do, it only lasts about 3 or 4 hiccups a couple seconds apart, and then they're gone. Weird, but I don't mind because I don't have to worry about trying to get rid of them.

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Syndrome
Esper

Member 211

Level 19.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2008, 04:55 PM Local time: Aug 23, 2008, 11:55 PM #6 of 13
I'm god damn sick if hiccups. I'm the kind of guy who gets them really often, without really doing anything. Sometimes, just sitting down for a while and then getting up and walking can result in a hiccup. I hate them, because for me they can last forever, and usually they hurt (and can bring a heart burn).

Fucking hiccups

For treatment, I usually drink water and/or hold my breath. Another tricks is to close your eyes, be extremely calm and try to think it away. Works for me, sometimes.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2008, 05:52 PM #7 of 13
As silly as it seems, I fear sneezing + hiccups will make my heart explode/shut down, so I try to get rid of them as soon as possible. They usually go away when I forget about them, after I quit trying.

Haven't tried that tub drowning thing yet...

Most amazing jew boots
"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Aug 24, 2008, 03:05 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 10:05 AM #8 of 13
The best trick of them all is eating a spoonful of lingonberry jam. Not that I think many of you even know what that is nor have any stores to buy it in it since it's generally a part of Scandinavian cuisine. That one has NEVER failed me.

If you can't get hold on any lingonberry jam, another trick I know is putting a bit of salt in a glass of water and drinking it up. It has worked almost every time for me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 04:24 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 04:24 PM #9 of 13
I rarely have hiccups. If I do, it is only when I have some food and drink cold pop right after, and it usually only happens once. I hope it isn't a bad thing if I do not hiccup....

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 08:47 PM #10 of 13
The oddest cure for the hiccups I've ever heard of came from my sister's boyfriend. And somehow, its always worked when we've tried it.

When you have the hiccups, stop for a second and think of Darth Vader.

I have no idea why or how, but it has always stopped our hiccups. Granted, I'm the type that gets hiccups 2 or 3 at a time and then they go away anyways.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:20 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 10:20 AM #11 of 13
It is fun if it's not happening to me. Annoying if otherwise!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:02 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 11:02 AM #12 of 13
They are so fun, but tend to be a bit embarrising in public places like a school classroom.
Got that right. I remember when I was in grade school we had morning assembly. During the singing of the national anthem, I let out a loud hiccup. Gawd that was embarrassing. Junior prep to the 7th grade was there....

In my home we say that whenever you get hiccups, you're still getting taller lols. So you can say that I like it when I have hiccups. The best way to get rid of it, for me, is to drink water while pinching my nose.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:54 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 09:54 PM #13 of 13
Drowning, drinking, eating lingonberry jam,...thinking of Darth Vader? The one that has worked the best for me is getting scared by someone. When I think of asking someone to scare me, it's NOT scary anymore, unless they are really good.

I usually get the hiccups if I eat or drink something too fast.

The weirdest ones are the burp-hiccups. You feel you have to burp but it comes out in a very loud odd sounding hiccup and people look at you weird. LOL

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Hiccups are...fun?...Annoying?