Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Internet Suicide

Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:25 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2008, 10:25 AM 2 #26 of 37
Man attempts suicide, fails.

Internet laughs, must not have been serious.

Man later successfully kills himself.

Yes, that previous attempt could not have been even a little bit serious at all.

Let's just try to use our fucking brains a bit here, okay guys?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:26 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2008, 05:26 PM #27 of 37
Seriously, it's like you're offended by something you weren't even involved in or have no idea about. Ridiculous, man. It's almost offensive how upset you're getting over this.
Ah ha ha ha ha. We're playing this card now are we, the "you weren't there, you didn't know this person". Ignoring that fact that this implies you did know this person and evidently did find their attempted suicide funny (and even watched it, go you), I'm willing to put money on the fact that whoever this person with didn't think it was so funny. They attempted to kill themselves. Sure, they did it in a stupid and attention seeking way, but they attempted to kill themselves. Someone you knew turned on a camera and tried to end their life. And what did you do, you watched and laughed. What a hero.

And please, I'm not upset, I'm just appalled at how idiotic you're being and how anyone can think that suicide is funny. A stupid attention seeking cry for help is still a cry for help.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:41 PM #28 of 37
I didn't watch it. If I did, I wouldn't have found it funny. It was only different once it was found out to be this particular guy and he made an appearance in the thread. Again, I never said suicide was funny. It's not. But, if it was a serious attempt on his life he would've done exactly what he did later, gone off alone in the middle of nowhere and ended it. The two situations were different. Originally he was happy and excited about his life, looking forward to his future, and then he had nothing to look forward to. Public, private. Not so serious, deadly serious.

Again, suicide is not funny. It was what happened after the fact, after everything was cleared up, and because of what was said and how it was handled. When he was actually depressed, after his life fell apart and after he disappeared, that was sad, as it would've been in any other case.

Quote:
Internet laughs, must not have been serious.
Again, please read. It's not like this was 4chan I'm talking about, but people he knew in real life at one point. If they were holding an intervention and trying to save him, I don't think anyone would've been laughing. But they would know better than the rest. No one could've prepared for his life falling out from under him.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Vampiro; Dec 18, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:34 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2008, 09:34 PM 1 #29 of 37
I'm of the opinion that if someone is going to play Nick from The Deer Hunter in real life to "amuse" his buddies (real or perceived) and "accidentally" paints the walls with his brains, I think we deserve to get a good 5 or 6 laughs in before the nigga hits the ground on general principle of stupidity. That's just how I roll.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:14 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2008, 05:14 PM 4 #30 of 37
Originally he was happy and excited about his life, looking forward to his future, and then he had nothing to look forward to. Public, private. Not so serious, deadly serious.
So someone who's "happy and excited" and "looking forward to his future" would take a bottle of pills and burden the cops with the task of rescuing his ass? And he thinks it's a goddamn joke? Who are you trying to kid here?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:53 AM #31 of 37
I just love how this thread is a bunch of late teens defending the actions of other late teens who don't seem to take anything seriously.

It's a dick move to laugh at someone's suicide, even if you didn't know he was for reals. It's just small to defend the action. Fucking grow up, ageniggers.

FELIPE NO
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:42 PM 1 #32 of 37
like jumping from a really high building while you've got a huge crowd of onlookers below, that's just asking for someone to point and laugh and prod you on while you do it.
I would love to see anyone pulling this "I'm so detached from the value of human life that I can laugh at suicide" act in real life and actually laugh at a corpse that just fell onto the ground in front of a bunch of people.

For god's sake, you retards, if you're going to act all tough online you should at least pick something somewhat believable.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2008, 01:37 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2008, 12:37 AM #33 of 37
I would love to see anyone pulling this "I'm so detached from the value of human life that I can laugh at suicide" act in real life and actually laugh at a corpse that just fell onto the ground in front of a bunch of people.

For god's sake, you retards, if you're going to act all tough online you should at least pick something somewhat believable.
Clearly you've never seen what happens with jumpers in New York.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Mirei
Divine Maiden

Member 32383

Level 2.50

Dec 2008

Old Dec 20, 2008, 03:13 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2008, 02:13 AM #34 of 37
I remember hearing about this on the news a while back. I think it's sad and I actually pity the person. It's a tragic thing for the family to go through. I believe any person who turns to suicide is a weak person, instead of hacking out there problems, they just rather take the easy way out and kill themselves. I just don't get why some people can't deal with there problems.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I am not".
Luteus
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17080

Level 2.00

Dec 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:29 AM #35 of 37
If people don't realize that their lifes are only a moment to enjoy then let them do it.
Would spare us more oxygens...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The Internet Suicide