Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

BART cops shoot unarmed man - had "criminal history"

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:03 AM Local time: Jan 6, 2009, 10:03 AM #26 of 36
Yeah and maybe one day when he's moving boxes he'll show Derrida what's up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:36 AM #27 of 36
I promise you this: He will one day get his due.
Damn right I'd strike the sun if it spoke ill of me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 01:03 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2009, 07:03 PM 2 #28 of 36
What's wrong with a cop killing someone? I mean, isn't that what they do?
I thought their broad remit was "Protect and serve" rather than "Judge and execute". Their duty of protection extends to everyone, including people they suspect of commiting a crime. That person is innocent until proven guilty and as such, by shooting him the cop has failed in his most basic of duties, to protect a member of the public and if that's not a case of gross negligence and instant dismissal I don't know what is.

Most amazing jew boots
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 03:01 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2009, 02:01 PM #29 of 36
The guy on the ground suggested to the police officer that he had several pounds of C4 strapped to his person and was about to detonate it. The officer did what he had to do in order to save the lives of everyone around them.

Yeah...

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 04:10 PM #30 of 36
I thought their broad remit was "Protect and serve" rather than "Judge and execute". Their duty of protection extends to everyone, including people they suspect of commiting a crime. That person is innocent until proven guilty and as such, by shooting him the cop has failed in his most basic of duties, to protect a member of the public and if that's not a case of gross negligence and instant dismissal I don't know what is.
The trick of it is - hind sight is 20/20. Sure, NOW we know the cop was wrong; but how many here have ever had to protect the peace? (Is anyone here in the criminal justice world?)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:53 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2009, 05:53 PM #31 of 36
Listen being a cop is hard, alright? Therefore they should be under no scrutiny.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:58 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2009, 11:58 PM #32 of 36
The trick of it is - hind sight is 20/20. Sure, NOW we know the cop was wrong; but how many here have ever had to protect the peace? (Is anyone here in the criminal justice world?)
I'd like to think that the training for someone authorised to carry and use a gun in public would we rigourous enough to ensure he knows that lethal force is unneccesary when dealing with restrained suspects. I would have thought learning when not to use a gun was as important if not more so than learning how to use one.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 06:28 PM #33 of 36
Yeah I...

I was trying to make a humorjoke there, with the sarcasms and all.

I think what the officer did was abhorrent and there is no reason under the sun to shoot an unarmed man in the back, period, end of sentence.

You know how it is sometimes.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 06:37 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 12:37 AM #34 of 36
I know you were joking, your post was just the most relevant to quote off though.

Sorry for dragging you up to our level.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 7, 2009, 05:20 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2009, 05:20 AM #35 of 36
New, better footage.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2009, 03:33 PM 1 #36 of 36
Here we go! Judge, Jury, and Exicutioner! Yeehaw!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > BART cops shoot unarmed man - had "criminal history"