Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Is it preferable to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista

sammypetter
Wark!

Member 35311

Level 1.10

Feb 2010

Old Feb 12, 2010, 05:13 AM #1 of 3
Is it preferable to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista

Hey
I'm currently with Vista Ultimate in my 32bit Desktop. I have only 1GB Ram with out any ram upgrading option. Do you think there will be a performance drop if I upgrade to Windows 7? I heard 7 handle ram better than vista. But i have this doubt due I'm with the minimum required ram.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 02:54 AM #2 of 3
1 gig of ram sucks on vista big time. That will be tolerable on 7 but I honestly recommend upgrading your ram to at least 2 gigs. It shouldn't cost you too much and it'll really help. You really shouldn't be using vista or 7 without a minimum of 2 gigs of ram in my opinion.

It's hard to say if an upgrade is really going to improve performance. Upgrading will carry over your files and all that and along with all your junk and things that could be slowing your system down. I like starting off fresh be backing up my data off the harddrive and formatting everything clean. That way I'm not dragging corpses around on my system drive.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2010, 07:42 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2010, 01:42 PM #3 of 3
Win7 has somewhat lower base ram usage, but both 7 and Vista scales up ram usage if you have more ram. So, just because Vista idles at 1,2 gigs in a 2gb setup, you don't actually need 2gb minimum for it to do anything.

I've used Vista with 1gb ram, back in the pre-sp1 days, and it worked just fine. Of course I had problems when I tried loading apps that alone took 1gb ram (most modern games), but the base OS itself run beautifully well, and so did most other apps (webbrowsers, etc).

Hell, I dare say that Vista would run fine on 512mb as well. Unlike XP, the minimum RAM requirement of the OS is not the one where it boots in half hour, but the one that the OS actually uses, with headroom for a few apps.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Is it preferable to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista