Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

slight problem with graphics card

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 04:42 PM #1 of 3
slight problem with graphics card

I have a 15" viewable LCD monitor. After some quick tweaking within RivaTuner, whenever I go to the driver control panel, the screen blackens like it was refreshing. When it did this the first time, the computer picked it up as a newly installed component. And now the drivers read the monitor as "Analog Display." I've already uninstalled RivaTuner to see if this'll fix the problem, but it hasn't. Any idea what happened?

*edit* After this problem has occured, Mozilla Firefox is preventing from downloading ANYTHING without crashing. I've tried uninstalling, and system restoring, but nothing. This is all left field.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 05:00 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 12:00 AM #2 of 3
Sounds like more than just driver issues with your graphics card.

Next, go the usual PC troubleshooting way of removing component after component until you find the culprit. A Windows reinstall might also be in order if you really messed up your drivers. System restore is such an unclean way of fixing things.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:46 PM #3 of 3
I found the problem. I just installed the nView component of the drivers, then uninstalled the monitor through devmgmt...the drivers picked it right back up. And with the Firefox problem, I just went into Safe Mode and defaulted the user prefs. Thanks for the help anyway.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > slight problem with graphics card