Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Martial Arts Discussion!!!!!!

Man_of_Pie
Banned

Member 271

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 06:53 AM #76 of 82
Originally Posted by a_mcnugget
I'm the biggest MMA fan here. Do you train with any of the famous teams? What weight class do you fight at?
Nah I'm not with any famous teams haha I wish. But I fight at the Men's Light Welterweight division. 147 lbs of pure muscle.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 09:34 PM #77 of 82
It's been quite a while since I took a martial art. I took Taekwondo when I was in grade 5 up to about 1st year high school, when I stopped (red belt).

Now I'm considering taking some Escrima, Pekiti-Tirsia to be exact.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Man_of_Pie
Banned

Member 271

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 03:49 PM #78 of 82
Isn't Escrima basically whacking the shit outta people with 2 sticks?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DarkLink2135
River Chocobo

Member 5122

Level 24.05

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:24 PM #79 of 82
I took Tae Kwon Do up to 1st Degree Black, 3rd Level. (10 level tests per degree i think). Anyway I was more greatful for the self-control I learned from Tae Kwon Do, I was a pretty messed up kid.

FELIPE NO
Isha
bartender

Member 4708

Level 5.11

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 01:59 AM #80 of 82
I was in ninjitsu for eight years, they don't have belts. I was fairly good at it too. I remember when they brought in people who studied other fighting forms and I did pretty good against a lot of them and then they put me up against a Kito master I think it was and he completely kicked my ass.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes!"
~Thoreau
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:29 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2006, 10:29 PM #81 of 82
Originally Posted by Man_of_Pie
Isn't Escrima basically whacking the shit outta people with 2 sticks?

For all I know, it applies to every weapon out there. They just use two sticks as a standard.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
echsos
Carob Nut

Member 2145

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 09:41 PM #82 of 82
I don't usually raise old topics but I love martial arts too much to pass this one by. I've wrestled for 3 years and did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for about a month. My specialty lies in takedowns. I've been told I got a fast shot so that helps me take the fight to the ground easy. I definitely don't have as much submission (or grappling for that matter) expertise as Man_of_Pie but I can control the stand up game pretty well.

I have some friends who come from different martial arts backgrounds (and yes I do consider boxing a martial art) and we occasionally go against eachother for the helluvit. From my experience traditional martial arts aren't prepared for the fight being taken to the ground at all but like they say it always depends on who the instructor is.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Martial Arts Discussion!!!!!!