Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

22yr old Arrested for raping 13 yr old met online

RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:02 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 11:02 PM 2 #26 of 95
I too am lolling at all the folks saying "oh the kid totally wanted it". Thirteen year olds are stupid, have you all forgotten that already?
Stupid or no, a 13 year old should have the capacity to determine whether something is right or wrong. (Then again, his mother obviously wasn't much of a teacher to allow something like this to take place.) He made a choice to willingly participate in sexual acts with the adult, which makes the 'rape' part of this case difficult to define. Child exploitation seems more likely as a heading.
I am not saying that the kid isn't a dummy, as most children are not quite fully functioning at 13, but should a case like this be defined as rape if the boy willingly allowed it and wasn't harmed in the process?

I mean, when I was around that age, I was already sexually active. I also knew what I liked and didn't like. In that, I had all the necessary means to make choices for myself. I think too much emphasis is being placed on this 22 year old as being predatory. Was the boy truly the 'prey' in this situation? The kid knew what he was doing. While this may be untrue, and evenso, such relationships are well defined within our own society as being 'bad' but greatly vary from culture to culture.

The question is, who is right and who is wrong?

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:14 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 11:14 PM #27 of 95
Are you fucking daft? Rape is the act of forcing sex on an non-consenting party. Statutory rape exists because minors are categorically considered incapable of offering consent. Especially with adults.

13 year olds do not exactly know right from wrong. Hell, lots of people never stop developing their own personal moralities, but 13 is sure as fuck not an age where we should be burdening people with those kinds of dilemmas.

I am right, lurker is right, Dev is right, and you are out of your fucking mind if you think that 13 year olds can make informed decisions concerning sexual behavior.

This woman is, without a doubt, the predator, because she is taking advantage of somebody else's weakness for the sake of her own gratification.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:17 PM #28 of 95
Quote:
I am not saying that the kid isn't a dummy, as most children are not quite fully functioning at 13, but should a case like this be defined as rape
Rape is quite explicit in specifying lack of consent. Child exploitation does not even mention consent.

Rape is there because the mental image of a 13 year old girl being raped sells newspapers. Thirteen year old boys don't know what the fuck they are doing (fuck, nineteen year old boys don't know what they're doing), and she knew as much, but she was too horny to care.

Quote:
if the boy willingly allowed it and wasn't harmed in the process?
Child molesters aren't imprisoned for life or murdered for tearing some skin and ligaments in a girl's pussy.

Harm is emotional and mental harm. His dick may be sore for a few days afterward but there's a kid growing up with completely false ideas about sexuality and relationships to women. That is harm, that is abusing a child, because sexuality and relationships are a very large part of of a person's life and destroying both like that is wrong.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:35 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 12:35 AM 1 #29 of 95
Are you fucking daft? Rape is the act of forcing sex on an non-consenting party. Statutory rape exists because minors are categorically considered incapable of offering consent. Especially with adults.
No need to talk to me like one of your whores. I don't appreciate your violent outbursts. (You know, for a mod, you sure act like a 13 year old.) I realize that there is a difference between rape and statutory rape but I am still inclined to think one is much more offensive and destructive than the other, at least in this particular case.

Quote:
13 year olds do not exactly know right from wrong. Hell, lots of people never stop developing their own personal moralities, but 13 is sure as fuck not an age where we should be burdening people with those kinds of dilemmas.
I largely agree with what you are saying. But, who exactly, knows right from wrong? Do you? Do you really think that ALL people at the age of 18 are all of a sudden hit with a smart stick which imparts upon them good judgment? This isn't always the case. Each case is different. That is all that I am saying.

Quote:
I am right, lurker is right, Dev is right, and you are out of your fucking mind if you think that 13 year olds can make informed decisions concerning sexual behavior.
Your smugness amuses me.

Quote:
This woman is, without a doubt, the predator, because she is taking advantage of somebody else's weakness for the sake of her own gratification.
That is likely. However, the boy was also part of this equation so lets not assume that he didn't know what he was doing merely because he's 13. The law will not see it as such so I guess it makes no difference either way.

Quote:
Rape is quite explicit in specifying lack of consent. Child exploitation does not even mention consent.
Sometimes its difficult to determine the legality of certain features of the written law. It seems that each region approaches this framework differently and as a result, the terminology gets somewhat confusing.

Quote:
Rape is there because the mental image of a 13 year old girl being raped sells newspapers. Thirteen year old boys don't know what the fuck they are doing (fuck, nineteen year old boys don't know what they're doing), and she knew as much, but she was too horny to care.
So what would think of a culture besides ours where the marriage age is 13? What would you think of a culture in which 13 year olds are married to much older men all the time with little incident?

Quote:
Harm is emotional and mental harm. His dick may be sore for a few days afterward but there's a kid growing up with completely false ideas about sexuality and relationships to women. That is harm, that is abusing a child, because sexuality and relationships are a very large part of of a person's life and destroying both like that is wrong.
I see what you mean and well put.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:55 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 12:55 AM 5 #30 of 95
Quote:
No need to talk to me like one of your whores. I don't appreciate your violent outbursts. (You know, for a mod, you sure act like a 13 year old.)
I am sorry if you do not feel that my Righteous Fury is appropriate for somebody who wants to redefine the severity of rape (i.e. you)

Quote:
I largely agree with what you are saying. But, who exactly, knows right from wrong? Do you? Do you really think that ALL people at the age of 18 are all of a sudden hit with a smart stick which imparts upon them good judgment? This isn't always the case. Each case is different. That is all that I am saying.
Yeah and everything is relative and nothing is the same, and if we could actually afford to determine on a case-by-case basis whether this minor is more mentally developed than this minor, then farts would be made of doves.

I am going out on a limb here, to put my foot down and declare: "Statutory Rape is wrong, in all cases."

Using somebody's weaknesses in order to extract juicy feelgood juice is always predatory, or did SirVG not skeev you out?

Quote:
So what would think of a culture besides ours where the marriage age is 13? What would you think of a culture in which 13 year olds are married to much older men all the time with little incident?
If you mean cultures like the arabs, then I don't think much of them. Especially not the countries where the Age of Consent is 9 because Mohammad who is great popped one of his wife's cherry at that age.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:00 AM #31 of 95
Quote:
I would say that they have the worst quality of live, lowest life expectancy, lowest literacy rates, highest rates of malnourishment, infant deaths, and the highest percentage of population in military service. In short, they are uncivilized, uneducated, unemployed, war-mongering, and shit-eating apes.

How's that?
Name one good aspect a culture which forces 13 year old children to take on the responsibilities of grown women.

Quote:
Sometimes its difficult to determine the legality of certain features of the written law. It seems that each region approaches this framework differently and as a result, the terminology gets somewhat confusing.
Terminology is a problem with all law, but I was quite clear when I said "Rape is quite explicit in specifying lack of consent. Child exploitation does not even mention consent."

Children do not understand consent, and hence there can not even be any discussion of consent. The adult is always in control, and if she or he chooses to abuse this control, they are sick and twisted individuals.

FELIPE NO
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:48 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 01:48 AM 1 #32 of 95
I am sorry if you do not feel that my Righteous Fury is appropriate for somebody who wants to redefine the severity of rape (i.e. you)
I am not trying to redefine the severity of rape, which I believe is a term which involves sexual brutality against the will of another. I think all will agree that rape is barbaric. However, I just don't understand why the line is drawn where it is in regards to statutory rape. Thats why I have fine folks such as yourself to help with ma edumacation. Thanks. <3

Quote:
Yeah and everything is relative and nothing is the same, and if we could actually afford to determine on a case-by-case basis whether this minor is more mentally developed than this minor, then farts would be made of doves.
LOL. Of course. I am choosing to look beyond what we can afford though I understand why the law exists to help protect 'minors'. The golden standard doesn't necessarily imply that its without flaw.

Quote:
Using somebody's weaknesses in order to extract juicy feelgood juice is always predatory
Bollocks. I don't buy that argument. The principle of using somebody's weakness to maligned benefit happens everyday in the world of dating and even marriage, regardless of age. A weakness can be categorized as any number of things. People take advantage of others ALL THE TIME and have done so since the beginning of time, even to extract 'juicy feelgood juice'.

Weakness is a term which holds questionable principle, determined by morals of society. While I appreciate the laws as they exist in my own society, I am not brash enough to admit that it makes another culture wrong.

Quote:
If you mean cultures like the arabs, then I don't think much of them. Especially not the countries where the Age of Consent is 9 because Mohammad who is great popped one of his wife's cherry at that age.
I didn't mean anyone in particular. though its interesting (and somehow unsurprising) to see that you don't think much of them.

Quote:
I would say that they have the worst quality of live, lowest life expectancy, lowest literacy rates, highest rates of malnourishment, infant deaths, and the highest percentage of population in military service. In short, they are uncivilized, uneducated, unemployed, war-mongering, and shit-eating apes.
I don't understand where you would get off determining someone's life for them from your own little comfortable perch. I mean lets not kid ourselves here, we are ALL war-mongering, shit-eating apes. Our society may be technologically advanced, but there is but a thin stretch of road separating ourselves from what some believe to be uncivilized societies.

That aside, our quality of life is very different from others. We enjoy the many amenities of a technological society, and greatly benefit from them. Yes, WE are so well educated that we have just about the worst educational system on the planet, but whose keeping track? Yes, we are so peaceful that we have killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq but thats neither here nor there. MEH. Its nice that our culture seems so evolved, but without the ability to respect the views of other cultures, it doesn't seem like it means much.

Quote:
How's that?
Not good, unfortunately.

Quote:
Name one good aspect a culture which forces 13 year old children to take on the responsibilities of grown women.
Good? Good according to what? Good according to your own perspective of a healthy, meaningful existence? Your statements are biased. I think its fair not to assume that anyone is worse off than we are simply on account that they practice different customs that we don't happen to understand and/or agree with.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:55 AM Local time: Jul 29, 2007, 11:55 PM #33 of 95
One other thing to consider about statutatory rape is that it isn't an error on the part of the younger party for being immature, but the crime is charged against the older party, who should have known better and who should not be preying on the weaknesses of children.

Many statutory rape laws have an exception if the parties are less than 2 years different in age, i.e. the same level of immaturity/stupidity.

What really makes statutory rape such a sickening crime is the old preying on the inexperience of the young.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by ramoth; Jul 30, 2007 at 11:05 PM.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:58 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 02:58 AM 1 #34 of 95
I am not trying to redefine the severity of rape, which I believe is a term which involves sexual brutality against the will of another. I think all will agree that rape is barbaric. However, I just don't understand why the line is drawn where it is in regards to statutory rape. Thats why I have fine folks such as yourself to help with ma edumacation. Thanks. <3
If statutory rape wasn't barbaric, then it wouldn't be called rape. The reason it's considered to be barbaric, is because societies with high standards of living can afford to extend childhood throughout adolescence. Allowing adults to fuck teens is uncivilized because they don't have to, and therefore shouldn't. If there are no external factors which justify kid diddling, like life expectancies of 28, then the act itself is entirely unnecessary, and becomes just plain wrong.

Rape isn't merely defined in physical violence. The negative impact emotionally and mentally are catastrophic when it comes to teens, because it impacts their development so drastically, and not for the better.

Quote:
LOL. Of course. I am choosing to look beyond what we can afford though I understand why the law exists to help protect 'minors'. The golden standard doesn't necessarily imply that its without flaw.
The flaw, however, is immaterial. Minors are defined as being undeveloped as a group, because a mountain of psychological, sociological, and biological evidence demonstrates it as such. Is it ok if an adult is on the mental level of the 15 year old he or she is boning? That's the kind of intellectual luxury that should be afforded only for hypotheticals, and not something to be bandied about in regards to a real case. If we consider the possibility that what has happened might be ok, then we lose any semblance of moral solidarity, since the idea spreads and generates debate.

It is wrong in all cases, predatory in all cases, because the majority of scientific and cultural thinking say so. Though I see you're now going to try and say that it isn't predatory...

Quote:
Bollocks. I don't buy that argument. The principle of using somebody's weakness to maligned benefit happens everyday in the world of dating and even marriage, regardless of age. A weakness can be categorized as any number of things. People take advantage of others ALL THE TIME and have done so since the beginning of time, even to extract 'juicy feelgood juice'.

Weakness is a term which holds questionable principle, determined by morals of society. While I appreciate the laws as they exist in my own society, I am not brash enough to admit that it makes another culture wrong.
How enlightened of you. However, taking advantage of weakness for one's personal gain is predatory. The reason that an adult taking advantage of another adult within reasonable bounds isn't illegal, is because adults are capable of defending themselves.

Children cannot defend themselves. They are incapable of saying "no" and incapable of exerting will. Neus said it himself that in a child/adult relationship, the adult is always in control, and if that control is used at the expense of the child it is always predatory, always wrong. You cannot argue this.

Quote:
I didn't mean anyone in particular. though its interesting (and somehow unsurprising) to see that you don't think much of them.
There really isn't much well to think of Arab culture, despite your claims of an intellectual high ground. Between the petty tribalism and the inability to maintain an infrastructure, cultures that are predominantly arab will never be able to advance beyond the dark ages. Arab countries that do enjoy good standards of living do so because they either have tons of oil, or they have become much more Westernized.

The Persians would be running circles around the Middle East if they weren't saddled with a theocracy, and in many ways they already are.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Bradylama; Jul 30, 2007 at 03:00 AM.
koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:32 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 12:32 AM #35 of 95
What's the point of having one of these threads every six months, other than identifying the current crop of gf pedos?

I'd go so far as to say there isn't anything wrong with a 13/22 pair, although it's a signal that there's something deeply wrong with the 22 year old if they can find fulfillment beyond a one-off gratification in a 13-year-old punk. It's enormously stupid, and the kid will realize this when the sexual high wears off and suddenly there's no money (or worse, a baby shows up), but your teens are all about doing incredibly stupid things that you thought were brilliant ideas at the time. At least mine were. Assuming she has no STDs, it's probably a lot safer sort of stupid than making your own flaming arrows or "baking" clay sculptures on a bbq. (Funny how most of my childhood memories involve fire or mud or both.) You can't even say that it's going to damage the kid or warp his views on women, unless you have a psychology degree and personally interviewed him (or have a transcript from someone who did). Sure it's possible, just like it's possible he'll come out better for it.

The only things you can really say about it are "she should have known better" and "what the hell is up with the mom jesus".

That's like saying that women walking alone are gonna get raped because _______.
You know it's the truth, don't step out without your burqa or no one's gonna protect you, woman.

There was a foxy here It's gone now
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:00 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 04:00 AM 2 #36 of 95
I don't think it's fucking fair to any minors to make exceptions the rule. Hell the most mature 13 year olds I know sure as shit don't know how to handle the repercussions of relationships let alone sex.

I don't buy your "hay guys they're more mature than you let on, let's allow predators to do as they please" bullshit.
Heh, I am not saying that at all. I am not saying, "Lets allow kiddie fiddlers to have their fun and destroy lives in the process." I am just saying in this particular instance that I am having difficulty ascertaining a clear cut predator/prey. I understand your stance and you understand mine so no further clarification is needed.

If statutory rape wasn't barbaric, then it wouldn't be called rape. The reason it's considered to be barbaric, is because societies with high standards of living can afford to extend childhood throughout adolescence. Allowing adults to fuck teens is uncivilized because they don't have to, and therefore shouldn't. If there are no external factors which justify kid diddling, like life expectancies of 28, then the act itself is entirely unnecessary, and becomes just plain wrong.
That is a fair point. I think I've seen the practicality of your arguments and thank you for sharing them. In truth, I don't have much reason to argue against your statements but its nice to see your reasoning. I agree with many of your points as they are implicitly stated above.

Quote:
Rape isn't merely defined in physical violence. The negative impact emotionally and mentally are catastrophic when it comes to teens, because it impacts their development so drastically, and not for the better.
Hmmm. I didn't look at it from that point of view but that makes sense. I should have considered it a bit more in regards to the case posted by the OP.

Quote:
The flaw, however, is immaterial. Minors are defined as being undeveloped as a group, because a mountain of psychological, sociological, and biological evidence demonstrates it as such. Is it ok if an adult is on the mental level of the 15 year old he or she is boning? That's the kind of intellectual luxury that should be afforded only for hypotheticals, and not something to be bandied about in regards to a real case. If we consider the possibility that what has happened might be ok, then we lose any semblance of moral solidarity, since the idea spreads and generates debate.
I agree that law does make it seem easier to keep society within specific boundaries. It is true that the law isn't perfect and can never be expected to be, but in most cases it proposes a guideline which keeps a sense of order. I do agree that relationships between children and adults is wrong but I am willing to look at this case differently as it seems highly different than that of normal cases of this type. In that, I thought that perhaps a different approach might be relevant. It is becoming clear that it isn't warranted.

Quote:
It is wrong in all cases, predatory in all cases, because the majority of scientific and cultural thinking say so. Though I see you're now going to try and say that it isn't predatory...
...It isn't predatory. (mwa) No, I am not going to beat upon this bush any longer. I must admit I haven't much to say contradicting your thoughts thus far.

Quote:
How enlightened of you. However, taking advantage of weakness for one's personal gain is predatory. The reason that an adult taking advantage of another adult within reasonable bounds isn't illegal, is because adults are capable of defending themselves.
I was probably nitpicking unintentionally. I am well enough aware that adults and children cannot be held to the same mental, physical standard.

Quote:
There really isn't much well to think of Arab culture, despite your claims of an intellectual high ground. Between the petty tribalism and the inability to maintain an infrastructure, cultures that are predominantly arab will never be able to advance beyond the dark ages. Arab countries that do enjoy good standards of living do so because they either have tons of oil, or they have become much more Westernized.
Intellectual highground doesn't have much to do with it. Your comments seemed to be seeded with anger and racism. If at all, I am sorry I jumped the gun. However, I am still willing to be respectful and openminded of cultures outside of my own. Sometimes, I feel that perspective of others can better help me understand myself and my own culture, which is largely a reason as to why I use culture as a means to enter this argument. You can call me "enlightened" all you like, but its simply what I believe.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:07 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 04:07 AM #37 of 95
Yeah, I guess you could come out better from it in the same sense that somebody who has been mugged learns to buy a gun (LOL).

However, I don't see how you can say:
Quote:
I'd go so far as to say there isn't anything wrong with a 13/22 pair
And then call it stupid, while calling the mentality of the mother and the woman in question.

If there is nothing wrong with the situation, why is there something wrong with the adults?

If there is no victim, then why should the adult know better? What is there to know better in a case where nobody has been harmed? There shouldn't be any reason to know better, unless it endangers the parties, and if it does so, how can it not be wrong?

Quote:
Intellectual highground doesn't have much to do with it. Your comments seemed to be seeded with anger and racism. If at all, I am sorry I jumped the gun. However, I am still willing to be respectful and openminded of cultures outside of my own. Sometimes, I feel that perspective of others can better help me understand myself and my own culture, which is largely a reason as to why I use culture as a means to enter this argument. You can call me "enlightened" all you like, but its simply what I believe.
Well now let's put this into perspective: I said that there's not much to think of arabs for things like the belief that Mohammad is the Gold Standard of human behavior, and therefore fucking a 9 year old can't be wrong because Mohammad did it. You thought that could have been racist?

Last edited by Bradylama; Jul 30, 2007 at 04:19 AM.
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 05:12 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 05:12 AM 1 #38 of 95
Well now let's put this into perspective: I said that there's not much to think of arabs for things like the belief that Mohammad is the Gold Standard of human behavior, and therefore fucking a 9 year old can't be wrong because Mohammad did it. You thought that could have been racist?
Well lets see here.

Quote:
Primarily because you offered an appraisal of a society that wasn't previously mentioned. As I mentioned, I wasn't referring to arabs specifically and yet you went out of your way to speak your displeasure with their customs by the principle that they differ from our own.

Secondly, this story involving Mohammed holds little merit for Islam as a whole. What you refer to is an outdated text which isn't largely supported by Islam in any way shape or form in modern times, at least in regards to marriage age. That is, marriage of girls at 9 is not common to the culture, as a whole. You were referring to arabs (or more notably islams as not every arab is bound to take heart with the teachings of Mohammed) and casting them all in one lump sum of rampant stupidity. Thats not fair. In that way of thinking, you have made a judgment according to a limited viewpoint for its own sake. However, I see that your intent may have not been to cast these people in an unfavourable light just for a cheap laugh, though instinct tells me a different story. If you aren't racist, then feel free to ignore my statements.

Last edited by RainMan; Jul 30, 2007 at 05:38 AM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:49 PM 1 #39 of 95
I think too much emphasis is being placed on this 22 year old as being predatory. Was the boy truly the 'prey' in this situation? The kid knew what he was doing.
Are you seriously saying that a boy, who knows that orgasms are fun, was seducing an adult?

What sort of demented asshole are you?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Sarag; Jul 30, 2007 at 10:47 PM.
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 05:52 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2007, 12:52 AM #40 of 95

How's that?
I am glad you think so highly of Japan and Spain where the federal age of consent is 13...

It is insane that the mother let all of this happen in her own home.

Originally Posted by Rainizzle Gangstashizzle
I think too much emphasis is being placed on this 22 year old as being predatory. Was the boy truly the 'prey' in this situation? The kid knew what he was doing.
It doesn't matter much what you "feel is right or wrong" the law is pretty cut and dry on this matter. She did things with a minor that society deems inappropriate and now she will pay the price of her actions.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:16 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 03:16 PM #41 of 95
And then call it stupid, while calling the mentality of the mother and the woman in question.

If there is nothing wrong with the situation, why is there something wrong with the adults?

If there is no victim, then why should the adult know better? What is there to know better in a case where nobody has been harmed? There shouldn't be any reason to know better, unless it endangers the parties, and if it does so, how can it not be wrong?
I'm just saying from my perspective, not everything that can hurt someone is wrong even if it's illegal. Irreparable harm is wrong, and this kind of relationship can cause that, I'm not denying, but just saying that's not necessarily the case. The woman knew what the consequences were and was stupid for risking them brazenly, and pathetic for falling for kornbix over here that she knew wouldn't (couldn't?) turn her down. I'm only saying that because a lot of people are implying that this kid is now fucked for life, that this situation automatically confers irreparable harm on someone. Or I'm just misreading.

I'm not privy to the psychological evaluations to say how wrong the adult was. The most damaging consequences of pedophilia come from adults convincing children that they are ugly, dirty, shameful little creatures that no one can love, either carefully manipulated to feel only the molester can understand and love them or simply humiliating them into submission, and that if the relationship is revealed it'll be the child who will be punished and outcast. That's when it ruins lives and leads to severe psychological problems. It doesn't sound like that's the case at all here, given how brazen it all was, but who knows.

On the other hand, the mother's there to look out for the child's best interests, which as this thread so aptly points out, aren't going to be served by a 22 year old mooch, even if she brings da hooch. She's old enough to know a little pussy probably isn't going to do her son much good long-term when he should be studying and socializing, and more importantly, that there's a major chance that everyone involved could get in a great deal of trouble, like they did.

Gumby, in most of Japan it's 18. 13 is the federal limit, but only in force in the bumfuck redneck prefectures.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by koifox; Jul 30, 2007 at 06:20 PM.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:29 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 05:29 PM #42 of 95
The cop in the newscast is a buzzkill. He should be saying:
YouTube Video

"Police say this is just another example of the dangers that come with technology."

Yeah, fucking technology. We outta make some rules to idiot-proof the world and save people from the hassle of thinking for themselves.

The reporter called the game "runscape" using a short U. lolzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 08:20 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 08:20 PM #43 of 95
Quote:
I'm only saying that because a lot of people are implying that this kid is now fucked for life, that this situation automatically confers irreparable harm on someone. Or I'm just misreading.
I was a bit overzealous in that regard, and no it is not guaranteed that he'll be fucked up for life, or even significantly harmed in the short term. However, the danger of that harm is significant enough to warrant protections across the board.

The most significant harm, however, involves how the experience would affect the kid's personality. Half the people in this thread insist that he'll be placed on some kind of Pedestal of Machismo, and you think that's gonna be good for him?

What your logic inevitably arrives at, is that if something is not wrong, then why should it be illegal?

RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:01 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 09:01 PM 2 #44 of 95
Are you seriously saying that a boy, who knows that orgasms are fun, was seducing an adult?

What sort of demented asshole are you?
Quit putting words in my mouth. I was saying that there was no predator and there was no prey. That was fairly simple and yet you competely misread it. Try again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:46 PM 1 #45 of 95
Do you think you're so clever that no one knows what you're doing? You're defending a predatory, unstable woman and shifting some of the "blame" onto the victim because when you were thirteen you got laid. If your situation is analogous to this, you're justifying decisions thrust upon you in order to avoid the stigma of being a victim of male rape, of being deceived into thinking you want what she has to offer.

Of course, you don't think you were poorly affected by this. After all, you feel normal, right? You don't feel irrevokably damaged. Well, lest anyone thinks that statutory rape on a 13 year old boy doesn't affect the boy, here is proof positive.

Sociopaths think they're behaving completely rationally as well, not affected by their disorder since they make all of their decisions with a clear mind. What I'm saying is of course you can't tell how broken you are.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:04 PM #46 of 95
Additionally, I like how rainman thinks the ability to determine you shouldn't throw animals and kick little kids means you are capable of consenting to an act that can turn you, magically, into a father.

Do you think a thirteen year old boy can be a good provider to his baby?

RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:38 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2007, 11:38 PM 2 #47 of 95
Answer my question:

Do you support stings of online predators?
Screw off bozo. I have better things to do than play one of your little games of cat and mouse. I've stated that child-sex is wrong, what more do you want? If I was a sexual predator, do you think I would readily admit it? If so, you are quite daft.

And to answer your question, yes. I hope that I've made myself clear.

Quote:
Do you think you're so clever that no one knows what you're doing? You're defending a predatory, unstable woman and shifting some of the "blame" onto the victim because when you were thirteen you got laid. If your situation is analogous to this, you're justifying decisions thrust upon you in order to avoid the stigma of being a victim of male rape, of being deceived into thinking you want what she has to offer.
Oh you again. How surprising. Is there a reason you are following me around from topic to topic like a lost puppy dog trying to nip at my heels? This is becoming habit. I encourage you to break it.

At any rate, my sexuality doesn't concern you. My argument was that I knew what I wanted/liked at that age and was sexually active. THAT'S IT, smartguy. I used that point to make an argument. No more, no less. You are reading far too much into far too little. (though its not too difficult to see why that is.)

(Judging from these run-ins we seems to be having, I am sure you get intense sexual gratification from stalking people on the internet.)

Again I am going to tell you that to question something is to concede nothing. We can consider something without acting upon it. I like to argue.
I like to consider different things contrary to what is considered common practice. This case is unique and I was interesting in discussing. What the hell about that is so difficult for you to come to grips with? I've stated that this women will go to jail and rightfully so.

Consider for a moment that I simply enjoy looking at things in a different way from time to time. You know better. Quit being so dense.

Quote:
Of course, you don't think you were poorly affected by this. After all, you feel normal, right? You don't feel irrevokably damaged. Well, lest anyone thinks that statutory rape on a 13 year old boy doesn't affect the boy, here is proof positive.
I am far from normal. (I am more honest than most.) Are you normal? If so, consider that you are completely full of shit. There is no such thing as normal. Anyone who says differently is lying. (Say what you mean. You want to find out whether I am psychotic or not? Usually I am not, but for you I am willing to make an exception.)
In any event, it doesn't hurt for me to admit what I am. I am honest with myself. Other than that, I don't feel that any more input is needed. Take your pitiful psychological profiling elsewhere.

Quote:
What I'm saying is of course you can't tell how broken you are.
Please humor me. Just how broken am I? A person of your intelligence must have a rather clear cut answer to this. Actually don't. This thread isn't about me, is it? Why the hell are you so interested in what I am doing?

Additional Spam:
Additionally, I like how rainman thinks the ability to determine you shouldn't throw animals and kick little kids means you are capable of consenting to an act that can turn you, magically, into a father.

Do you think a thirteen year old boy can be a good provider to his baby?

I like how you are always on my nuts, slobbering like a retarded rhesus monkey who has tasted the dried shavings of its buttcrack for the first time. Seriously! Its great!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by RainMan; Jul 30, 2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jul 31, 2007, 01:30 AM Local time: Jul 31, 2007, 01:30 AM 1 #48 of 95
Quote:
I have better things to do than play one of your little games of cat and mouse.
Quote:
And to answer your question, yes.
Devo's got The Power.

Quote:
This is becoming habit. I encourage you to break it.
I would encourage you to just stop posting. Before you dig any deeper holes with droll reasoning and overreactions.

It is not normal to have been sexually active at 13. It's not normal at all.

koifox
A-Hyu hyu hyu

Member 901

Level 13.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:36 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2007, 09:36 AM #49 of 95
What your logic inevitably arrives at, is that if something is not wrong, then why should it be illegal?
Many dangerous things are against the law because there is risk, even though they can be done many times without actual injury. (And to some degree the governments enact laws to babysit children, since the modern economy forces or at least rewards workaholic parents over properly raising and policing their kids. I don't think pedophilia laws fall under that though.)

In this particular instance, I suppose that with the long court case, the mother going to jail, the kid bouncing around foster homes, is all going to irreparably damage the kid, but in this case I think the justice system is going to do a lot more damage than peer awe ever could have, in the name of doing less damage in the vast majority of cases. But that's how society works, I guess, sacrifice the few to save the many.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by koifox; Jul 31, 2007 at 12:38 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:53 PM #50 of 95
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're exceptionally hostile and defensive when someone brings up the fact that a) you are not behaving in an acceptable manner, and b) you were in all likelihood raped as a child and enjoyed it, information you volunteered. Who was it? Was it family?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > 22yr old Arrested for raping 13 yr old met online