Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Ace Combat 6 (More homosexual than Top Gun) (Fuck you, high-low fives are awesome)

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:38 AM #26 of 292
If you want AC6 then yes, you need a 360 unless they announce different at E3 seeing how there still hasn't been any official announcement on the game. What we know is just leaked info, so threre could still be more.

As for you statement about developers "running from the PS3", it's kind of a dumb thing to say. It's not like developers are making their games for the 360 exclusively or anything. Games cost a lot to make and that's why everything is going multiplatform. And it's not like the 360 hasn't lost any exclusive titles latly, Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, Saint's Row. And the PS3 still has as many exclusive games as the 360, so things arn't all people are making them out to be.

If Microsoft want's to make some headway in the industry outside of the United States then they need to secure some innovative features & titles. And get their stupid video marketplace available outside the US, because outside the US the PS3 VS 360 thing is still griddy and close.

How ya doing, buddy?
garthvadr3
Good Chocobo

Member 694

Level 15.42

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:35 PM #27 of 292
um I remember that Namco stated, if they wanted to break even on their PS3 development costs they would need to sell 500,000 copies of the game. THAT IS TO BREAK EVEN. Don't tell me their isn't something wrong with that. Game companies are still companies and they still have to make $$. At the time there weren't even 500,000 PS3s in the world, now how do you expect them to continue developing under those circumstances? There is something wrong with the system if it causes developers to spend that much money to figure out how to make a game on the PS3. Devs shouldn't have to do that, no wonder they are going to an easier platform. And don't say I am a 360 fanboy, because about 2 months ago I swore I would never buy an XBOX product.

And I still refuse to buy the 360 still for another year, till the price is more reasonable.

BTW oblivion was never exclusive, IT WAS ON PC

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by garthvadr3; Mar 22, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 01:04 PM #28 of 292
PCs don't really affect the console market, it can be argued as to whether a PC version of a game makes a console version no longer an exclusive, but I think that that discussion is best left for another time.

Also if you think that it's less expensive to make a 360 game then it is a PS3 game then you are incorrect. The only cost difference would be dev kits, and dev kits are not included in game budgets. Therefore anything after that is man hours and assets for the development of a game, which last time I checked was the same on both systems.

http://toomuchimagination.blogspot.c...e-budgets.html

While Namco did make that statement, that goes for any console also which is why games are going multi-platform. Like I said, when titles goes from PS3 -> 360 exclusively then that might mean something. Multi-platform on the other hand simply means that there's not enough of ANY console for the game to do well on just one. Ace Combat 6 may be 360 exclusive, however it's not like Namco is ditching Sony, because we know that Sould Calibur 4 and Tekken 6 are in development for the PS3 right now, as well that Namco just formed a new company with Sony, therefore they most likely just wanted to expand their horizons, or we have yet to hear the whole story from Namco themselves.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Slayer X; Mar 22, 2007 at 01:06 PM.
garthvadr3
Good Chocobo

Member 694

Level 15.42

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 01:30 PM #29 of 292
Development time and man hours go up if the system is difficult to develop for. And last time I checked most companies have been complaining about how hard the PS3 was to develop for. This includes Mistwalker who the president of said a singular statement in English "The PS3 is difficult".

So you are saying that if the 360 is easier to develop for than the PS3, somehow the man hours for the same game will be the same. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. The logic of this is making my brain hurt I give up.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by garthvadr3; Mar 22, 2007 at 01:55 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 01:58 PM #30 of 292
That is true, and was a fault in my logic, I apologize. However something being difficult is a rather cheap copout. My job's hard but I don't see anyone giving me any breaks. However as far as the PS3 concerned the PSedge tool should make things a LOT better, and hopefully we'll see some more stuff come out over there.

However I think I'm going to quit discussion on this matter for we've taken this further then we probably should have in an off topic discussion.

I'll end this post with the hope to see more AC6 coming out soon, and perhaps an E3 appearance with some actual gameplay to show.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
garthvadr3
Good Chocobo

Member 694

Level 15.42

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:50 PM #31 of 292
roger that, on another note, I am actually glad that the 360 has no motion sensing ability, because now there is no option for them to change the controls too drastically from what it has been. I actually rather like the control scheme for the game that has been established since the PS2 games.

Can't wait to see more on this one, AC6 will be awsome no matter what system it is on.

FELIPE NO
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:38 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2007, 11:38 PM #32 of 292
Man, those are some sexy screenshots! Even though, I never really thought there was much room for graphical improvement on the fighter models themselves from the PS2 versions, the background depths and the considerable jump in ground texture improvement will make sure that this looks like one awesome looking title.

As for online play, well... it's always been a wet dream of mine to play Ace Combat online or against another person, for that matter but none of my tosser friends like the Ace Combat games.

Does anyone know if NAMCO still holds official licensing for Lockheed-Martin and Boeing for the real-life jet fighters?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 05:22 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 08:22 PM #33 of 292
I said wow, this game is bloody beautiful.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:34 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 05:34 PM #34 of 292
Guys, please shut up about developers and their part in any "Console wars". At the end of the day, any developer with an ounce of sense will be developing for any system they reckon they can turn a profit on. Namco obviously saw a potential market for Ace Combat on the Xbox and went to exploit it, end of story.

Personally, I've always thought the Ace Combat games are pretty dull, nothing more than a glorified Afterburner. That said, I did enjoy the multiplayer in Blazing Angels so this might be worth a look.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:35 PM #35 of 292
23 720p AC6 shots: http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4131_en.html

How ya doing, buddy?
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:21 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 09:21 PM #36 of 292
Is there really a need for a separate thread for AC6?

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:58 PM #37 of 292
Is there really a need for a separate thread for AC6?
Fuck yeah. Post content or GTFO now.

Anyways, this is pretty much the greatest announcement ever. Even urther justifies my Xbox 360 purchase earlier this year. The one thing I really wonder though, new console, new flightstick?

It'd be cool if they'd make it so the FlightStick 2 was adaptable, but that's probably a far stretch. I'd be up for a newer one anyways.

Also, sup at the Gamerpics and Themes released today. The Theme #02 is pretty awesome looking.

#654: Braixen
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:08 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 01:08 PM #38 of 292
Quote:
http://www.acecombat.jp/ace6/index.html

The AC6 website is up.. Though I don't know how long it's been up so maybe I'm late.

Anyone who can understand Japanese wanna translate? ;|
Posted this in the other thread. Be interesting to know about the story, what part of the world it takes place in, and maybe squadron info.. at least the one you're a part of.

Stuff goes here~
garthvadr3
Good Chocobo

Member 694

Level 15.42

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:28 PM #39 of 292
I am drooling on my keyboard from those 720p images Tokubetsu

Most amazing jew boots
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:32 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 10:32 PM #40 of 292
Fuck yeah. Post content or GTFO now.
What?

My point is that having two threads for the same discussion seems quite unnecessary - if that wasn't clear.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 05:01 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 03:01 PM #41 of 292

OK... You know that shit I said about not much room for improvement on the fighter models? I think I'm gonna go ahead and change my vote on that. =o

My point is that having two threads for the same discussion seems quite unnecessary - if that wasn't clear.
Then it might be a good idea to merge them and put it in General Video Gaming. But that's entirely up to Shin or Infernal.

How ya doing, buddy?
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 07:36 PM #42 of 292
are they updating the aerodynamics to be more realistic? thats what i found really lacking in the others

Additional Spam:
for comparison

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1190853.jpg (224.5 KB, 39 views)
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Last edited by Locke; Mar 23, 2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:17 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 10:17 PM #43 of 292
The arcadey-action is the hallmark of the series though. I don't think they're going to go sim all the sudden on us.

A decent 360 sim is Over-G Fighters though, although it suffers from a few issues such as missiles having unrealistic angles of attack, and short, easy missions though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:12 AM #44 of 292
Just a hope from a geeky av-head pilot :P If my roomate ets a 360, ill definaly check out both though

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 03:59 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2007, 01:59 PM #45 of 292
A decent 360 sim is Over-G Fighters though, although it suffers from a few issues such as missiles having unrealistic angles of attack, and short, easy missions though.
Maybe it's that I don't like TRUE flight sims (because I suck at them) but I just couldn't get into this game. It's one of the reasons why I <3 the Ace Combat series. I can actually FLY a plane AND down some planes. Mexicans just don't belong in the sky, yo.

Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Mar 24, 2007, 09:40 PM #46 of 292
Well I knew of the game coming out on the 360, what I didnt know was that the game is gonna be done this year and THERE'S PICS OF IT. The game looks....unreal. I can't believe the way the sun glares off of the plane's hull, and the shadows and miniscule details that just SHINE on it as well. I just dont know what to say, I am so happy...and the fact that FINALLY this will be an AC that will be online....well that's every AC pilot's dream. I can hardly wait to fight against some of you people on here when the game comes out. I bet I can down MetalSphere in no time at all. Bwhahaha. >

Last edited by Karasu; Mar 25, 2007 at 05:14 AM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 03:42 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 09:42 PM #47 of 292
What?

Nah, let's keep it here. It's not like there's a huge amount of discussion in MW at the moment and staying out of General Gaming should stop any more of those bullshit console wars posts.

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 09:23 PM #48 of 292
I really want to know if they are going to use Keiki Kobayashi for this one. It better not be the only who did that crappy AC3 soundtrack. Didn't they use that composer for the PSP AC?

Most amazing jew boots

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 07:07 AM #49 of 292
According to the new issue of OXM Ace Combat 6 will be a timed exclusive, meaning that it will come out on the PS3 a few months later. Kind of like Virtua Fighter 5 except hitting consoles the other way around.

"Exclusive, Yo: Not only is Ace 6 the first time the series has departed from a Sony platform and handhelds, but it's a timed exclusive for Xbox 360. It won't hit the other systems for a while." -OXM May

You guys can put this thread back in General Gaming or leave it here, it's of no concern to me, I just thought I'd throw that new info out there.

Anyone else who's looking for more details on AC6, check out the new OXM.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 10, 2007, 07:33 AM Local time: Apr 10, 2007, 10:33 PM #50 of 292
No sense in moving this over to the General's house of Gaming at the moment, it can stay until the PS3 version hits.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Ace Combat 6 (More homosexual than Top Gun) (Fuck you, high-low fives are awesome)