Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Cell phone?
I have one. 71 81.61%
No cell for me. 6 6.90%
Never! 5 5.75%
One day! 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Answer your fucking cell phone Kurado!

mindOverMatter
CLfAM

Member 14418

Level 8.57

Oct 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:06 AM #26 of 40
I almost never use my phone, but I carry it, and I feel safer with it

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hold on just one second....when I signed up for life, this was not what I was expecting. Can I get a refund?
JackyBoy
A Cinnamon Role?

Member 2219

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:04 PM #27 of 40
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
No, sorry. I meant how many MBs of space does it have. For music.
The phone comes with about 20mb for all the default settings, apps, ringtunes, and contact list and other stuff. The memory card itself is what you'll be using to store MP3s for listening so really you're only limited by which size memory comes with the phone. I'm using my 1GB card solely for music and the odd photo I take.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

You're staring at me like I just asked you what the fucking square root of something.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:08 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 06:08 PM #28 of 40
Originally Posted by OctoberOmicron
And what the hell's SMS?
Wait... don't they have that where you are? How about when you were in the US? It's a text message service. You can send short text messages to other cellphones. It stands for Short Message Service.

Most amazing jew boots
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:56 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 10:56 AM #29 of 40
Hey, OO. Once you get your phone you'll be up for some conference calls, right?

I have a cellphone through cingular wireless. I use it for friends, work, and any important business calls I need to make. I heard my job might be giving me a phone strictly for business so I won't eat up my personal minutes on my phone when I use it to troubleshoot issues with someone back in the office.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:27 PM #30 of 40
I have a cellphone, but I don't like to use it for things other than two-way (walkie-talkie). Otherwise, it's pretty useless, as I am more inclined to use the landline above anything else.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 01:52 PM #31 of 40
JackyBoy: 1MB isn't so bad for a phone I guess. considering that's what it automatically comes with.

Soluzar, I just didn't recognize SMS at all. I had a suspicion it was something to do with text messages, but with no T in the acronym I wasn't sure. Yeah, they have there here. MENSAJES DE TEXTO.

Miles, of course. If for nothing else, the fact that I've speken to Tails and not you is enough of a reason.

FELIPE NO
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 03:08 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 12:08 PM #32 of 40
I have no need for a landline since it's much easier to reach me on my cell phone during the day. I started using a phone in 2001 when my brother no longer needed his older model, but those were too bulky. I just had it with me in case of emergencies since I did a lot of walking to school during those days. None of my other friends had phones at that time, so I didn't receive many calls at all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 03:54 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2006, 03:54 PM #33 of 40
Nope. No cell phone for me. Actually kinda sucks, but I don't have the money to get a cell, and I am home for much of the day so my Lan phone is fine for me. Besides, I hate being available all the time and I would probably forget to turn it off when I went to class. Which would be very embarrassing if it went off during an exam or lecture....

Jam it back in, in the dark.
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:58 PM #34 of 40
I have a prepaid. I use it for quick calls while I'm out or if there's an emergency.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 01:45 AM #35 of 40
My first phone was a pre-paid, as was my second. What pieces of shit those are. I will never, ever use pre-paid again. It's fine if it's a phone just for emergencies, but nothing else.

I've been on a contract with Alltel for 7 years total -- two with my Mom and five on my own plan. I couldn't be happier with the service. Don't have a landline since that's pretty much unnecessary.

Now, I almost had a landline in my apartment because BellSouth forced me to get a landline/internet/cable combo package. Fortunately, Comcast didn't. In any case, I've no plans to get a landline until I own my own home. But cell phone are the way to go now.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 02:32 AM #36 of 40
I'm still using the first one I've ever owned. It's been handy in the past for taking calls while I was out of the house, but now that I'm in college it's almost a necessity, because I don't have a landline in my room. Also, my contract is about to run out with Verizon, which apparently means that I'm eligible to receive credit toward a new phone. Therefore, I'm planning on heading to the Verizon shop tomorrow and seeing if I can't score an LG VX8500 for not too much money.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 04:30 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 02:30 AM #37 of 40
I've had a Motorola ROKR for about a year now and it's the best phone I've ever had. I like it better than the Samsung t809 that my friend got me. It gets incredible reception everywhere I go, including Cabo San Lucas (just ask anyone here who got the phone call on Christmas Eve while I was tanked), allows me to do transfer all the shitty little pictures it takes via Bluetooth so that I never have to plug it in and since I clip all my MP3 ringtones on my own it also supports MP3 as ringtones. It's a pretty sweet phone considering I got it for free.

The only thing I don't like about it, really, is the fact that it only lets me put 100 songs into iTunes regardless of the size of the memory card. But then again, I have an iPod for that too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SenorKaffee
Cry mich ein river

Member 422

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 05:17 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2006, 11:17 AM #38 of 40
I got a Nokia 6230i and use it for most calls, since my employer doesn´t mind.
I have a landline, but only because it came with the DSL package. Why use something fixed when you can have the same thing mobile?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Everything´s getting better.
Nothing´s getting good.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Answer your fucking cell phone Kurado!