Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"I didn't go to the prom..."

starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:29 PM #26 of 91
Haven't been to a single one. Never had a girlfriend, no interest in going otherwise; the music sucks, I can't dance, it's expensive, and I don't like crowds. My friends have gotten very good at sneaking in to them without paying, but I'm not up for that kind of thing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:50 PM #27 of 91
I never went to either Prom, despite a group of friends bugging me to go with them for weeks (both times). I did regret not going the night of my Junior Prom, but after hearing about how crappy it was the next day I had no regrets. From what I heard, 90% of the music played was rap and the only amusement to be had was sitting back and watching some of the idiots try to dance to it. I had a far more enjoyable time sitting at home doing a bit of gaming.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 03:55 PM #28 of 91
Hmm... nah I didn't go to prom but as far as I know it's not usually the prom that's the big deal it's the party at the end of the year. And uh what did I do? Well took mushies, waited for them to kick and went to the party afterwards. : /

I do have a few regrets about not going to the actual prom though.

How ya doing, buddy?
[/RIGHT]
Greykin
gyah!

Member 495

Level 18.55

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 04:01 PM #29 of 91
I didn't go to my prom because it was insanely expensive and I didn't want to spend the money on it. Basically the main reason was because my group of friends weren't going to it, so I wouldn't have had a lot of people to talk to, or people I'd be comfortable around.

So what did I do during prom? I think I just spent it at home on my computer ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.

oh my gawddd
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:15 PM #30 of 91
I only went because my ticket was free due to Student Council and my friends kept bugging me about it so much. So it was actually one of the first dances I went to. It was all right, but I don't derive fun from being constanty self-conscious about typicaly being labelled as someone who wouldn't nomally dance, so I probably would have enjoyed playing video games with friends a lot more as well.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:41 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 03:41 PM #31 of 91
I didn't go to the prom, knowing it would be shit. (I was right). Plus it was expensive. The post-prom, however, was free... so I went to that. That was fun as hell. We had all those fun carnival games and stuff, like the boxing thing, laser tag, moon bounce. There were simulators and racquetball. And later, there was a Mya concert. Definitely a great night.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:45 PM #32 of 91
I was going through my emo phase around the time of the prom. I kind of regret not going now because I know it would have been fun to go with some of my friends and just chill.
I did have the money, and possibly even the car if I had really wanted it, but no GF. And the self-centered, the-world-revolves-around-the-poor-ole-emo-me thing doesn't sit very well with dates, so ...

It's nothing major actually. I wish I had gone, but then again, I'm glad it contributed that much to my emo phase and I went through it and learned something from it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:05 AM #33 of 91
The funny thing is, I don't think I would've gone even if someone offered to pay for it with no strings attached. I thought it was pointless to be in a place where I'm told a bunch of people watch you and who you're with. I've heard way too many stories about that.

Hey, SMX, why did you have to pay senior dues if you were banned from all the senior activities? And they had the nerve to ransom your diploma? Are they for real? I hope you got your diploma without paying them.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SMX
Chocobo

Member 103

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:25 AM #34 of 91
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
So, did you end up paying or what? I wouldn't think that they could make you pay for a bunch of activities you wouldn't take part in, especially if this is a public school.
Nope. I called the school board and they threaten the principle's job. So eventually she cracked and gave me my diploma. The administration just really hated me because "I had a bad attitude." Or in other words, I wouldn't take their shit.

Delayed
Wark!

Member 2767

Level 2.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:46 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 11:46 PM #35 of 91
I didnt' go to prom because the tickets were too expensive and the date that was being planned out for me (against my own will, I didn't really care to spend my money on a night I wouldn't of gotten any real benefit from)
Renting a tux, getting the tickets, and alot of the other costs I would of had to endure would of been painful enough anyways, date or no date.
I didn't want to go

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid soulds who knew neither victory nor defeat."
"Citizenship in a Republic,"
-Theodore Roosevelt,
-Speech at Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910 -
LostSol
Rogue Jedi

Member 2389

Level 4.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:07 AM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 08:07 AM #36 of 91
Originally Posted by Delayed
I didnt' go to prom because the tickets were too expensive and the date that was being planned out for me (against my own will, I didn't really care to spend my money on a night I wouldn't of gotten any real benefit from)
Renting a tux, getting the tickets, and alot of the other costs I would of had to endure would of been painful enough anyways, date or no date.
I didn't want to go
I hear ya but you might be regretting it in the future. I myself don't wanna go to prom but my parents are actually paying me $300 to go. There even paying me of what I'm doing during that special day. Lucky though that I sort of lied of going with a girl and would just spend the money on more meaningful stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:04 AM #37 of 91
I did go to my junior prom last year and I had an ok time. A group of friends of mine went to dinner at a Kobes and then went to the prom. The actual prom was alright with some pretty good music that was marginally ballanced. The only highlight in my eyes were the trays of strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce and some tasty meatball trays. Other than that it was nothing totally memorable. I guess I didn't like it because my existence wasn't really acknowldeged by anybody. With all that said I will not go to my senior prom this year because I know I'll have a better time staying home.

Drexlerfan22
Chrono Freak

Member 2116

Level 4.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:04 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 01:04 AM #38 of 91
Three reasons I didn't go:

1. I can't dance.

2. I didn't feel like dealing with girls in high school, since I view relationships as things that could potentially become marriages. 9 out of 10 people are completely different a couple years out of high school. So why should I bother dating someone who will, in a sense, no longer exist in a couple years?

3. My brother is gay, and was told by the administration that he would not be allowed to go with a same-sex date. This pissed me off to no end, and I didn't want to be a part of something that excluded people based on sexual preference.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Feel free to express your own WRONG opinion!
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:32 AM #39 of 91
Well... personally I didn't go to the prom because I never thought of it that important to think about it. Its like... one of those "after school" events that kids want to go to. And let me tell you, I stop going to these "after school" events after 8th grade. Its just not my thing, being in loud crowds and being pushed around and so on. :\

Of course most of the time, it would be a reason I couldn't go because I didn't have a ride.

FELIPE NO
thirdjean
(Former sandrff8) We don't need a heroine.

Member 1486

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:41 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 12:41 AM #40 of 91
I didn't go because seeing someone who rejected me dance and having fun was too much for me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:36 PM #41 of 91
Originally Posted by thirdjean
I didn't go because seeing someone who rejected me dance and having fun was too much for me.
Ouch! That sucks! Too many people were checking out and gossipping about who came with who and what they did. It's pretty disgusting. I'm glad I did other stuff instead of that.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:41 PM #42 of 91
I didn't go to one, single school-sponsored activity. None of them served alcohol, you see. Nor did they sell pot at the snack bar.

I went out drinking with my girlfriends and some guys up on the WPI campus. The college boys were a hell of a lot more fun than the high school crowd - and being GEEKS at a polytech uni, they were more than happy to keep us in good company and full of booze.

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:32 AM #43 of 91
I like how most people say the reason they didn't go to prom was because they didn't have a date. that's like one of the stupidest reasons you can come up with for it. just grow some balls and go with some friends.

I went with two of my best friends, thought it would be lame, but it actually ended up being pretty fun. once the snore-worthy awards part was over, the dance part started up and after about an hour or so most of the annoying people you'd rather not spend a friday night with ever left to go to the after parties. so we had most of the dance floor to ourselves and more control over which songs the DJ played and it ended up being a pretty good time. afterwards we went back to my friend's place and we had a star wars marathon [oh gawd].

there are better things to spend your money on though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:08 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 02:08 AM #44 of 91
Simple excuses initially come to mind: no car, no date, no money. But these were probably not the deciding factor: there were the people, unavoidable, “in your face” people. I guess they were just trying to do their job, but to some extent it was all overblown. Me pay money to hang out with some of them? Or give in to peer pressure and conform to their ideals? Not likely. In the end the underlying factor was that I’d rather do my own thing as opposed to having my principles compromised by a group mindset. To this day I still maintain that independent streak.

Most amazing jew boots
XerxesTheMighty
Weapon X

Member 105

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:32 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 11:32 PM #45 of 91
I wasn't going to got to prom...until two friends convinced me in 22 pages of IM texts why to go. Long story short: I went in my Starfleet uniform and heard 52 "beam me up Scotty" lines and took about 50 pictures with random people I didn't know. Rockin'

SO SAY WE ALL
Hello_Kitty
Chocobo

Member 291

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:16 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 01:16 PM #46 of 91
what's the point of a prom ? we don't have that kind of thing here in France

How ya doing, buddy?
Tiptoe down To the holy places
Where you going now Don't turn around

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:57 AM #47 of 91
I didn't go for three reasons. One, way too expensive. Two, I'm not renting a tux, let alone dancing in it. And three, I transfered schools senior year, so I saw no point in going to a prom where I didn't give a shit for anyone there.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:40 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 12:40 PM #48 of 91
I'm a nerd, I didn't have a girlfriend, I didn't want to spend all that money.

I don't do dances. I played some games at a LAN party. ENJOYABLE.

Most amazing jew boots
BoboftheBobmas
Don't thank me, thank the knife!

Member 450

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:40 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 06:40 PM #49 of 91
I went with some mates, but it was one of the most boring nights of my life. But at least I got a free tux out of it, because my mum paid for it.

It was also the same night England played Portugal in the quarter finals of Euro 2004. They actually brought a TV into the venue seeing how crazy our country is about football. So there was half the people doing all the prom stuff, while the other half just sat watching the footie, and I just kept moving in between the two.

England lost anyway, which made the night even more crappy.

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:57 AM #50 of 91
It's funny how people have said they didn't go because of waste of money and lack of a date. Then there's the few that said they've gone and it's boring (except maybe a few?). I find this to be very interesting.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > "I didn't go to the prom..."