Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Quirky rituals

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:52 PM #51 of 70
I just realized that I do another one this morning: If I haven't worn a pair of shoes in a while, I have to stick something down into the toe and root around to make sure there isn't a Black Widow Spider in there (I saw a documentary about them once and they really will nest in unused shoes).

But here's the thing - I have to do it like five or six times before I'm fully convinced that there's no Black Widow in there.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:55 PM #52 of 70
Whenever i have to sing, like at a social function, in church, especially in choir class at school, i always take off whatever extra shirts i'm wearing i.e. Sweat shirts jackets, everyting except my T-shirt. My first instinct to sitting down in choir class is to remove my sweat shirt, and have in on my lap. Sometimes it will be a comfortable temperature where it doesn't matter either way, sometimes it'll be hot, and i'll be thankful for having done so, or somtime i'll realize like ten mintues later that i'm bloody cold. Despite what the temperature is, i never put it back on, until i get up to leave. I can't figure out why.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:57 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:57 PM #53 of 70
Originally Posted by Helloween
Whenever i have to sing, like at a social function, in church, especially in choir class at school, i always take off whatever extra shirts i'm wearing i.e. Sweat shirts jackets, everyting except my T-shirt. My first instinct to sitting down in choir class is to remove my sweat shirt, and have in on my lap. Sometimes it will be a comfortable temperature where it doesn't matter either way, sometimes it'll be hot, and i'll be thankful for having done so, or somtime i'll realize like ten mintues later that i'm bloody cold. Despite what the temperature is, i never put it back on, until i get up to leave. I can't figure out why.
I don't think I've ever been in that choir room when it wasn't way too damn hot, but then again, my ideal temperature is about 15 centigrade.

I was speaking idiomatically.
tompilk
Finally got a lovely photo with my hero...

Member 191

Level 28.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:06 AM #54 of 70
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I just realized that I do another one this morning: If I haven't worn a pair of shoes in a while, I have to stick something down into the toe and root around to make sure there isn't a Black Widow Spider in there (I saw a documentary about them once and they really will nest in unused shoes).

But here's the thing - I have to do it like five or six times before I'm fully convinced that there's no Black Widow in there.
i saw teh same program and act in exactly the same way! it was about the black widows killing people in Australia by living in teh shoe!!!
Tom

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hamelin Discography
My Website: http://www.opus39.co.uk
My Piano Videos: pdf
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 05:08 PM #55 of 70
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
I don't think I've ever been in that choir room when it wasn't way too damn hot, but then again, my ideal temperature is about 15 centigrade.
Sometimes i find it unbearably cold in there, like in some strings classes.

But keep in mind, this isn't just at school, this is at church and whatnot.

FELIPE NO
Thrik
Carob Nut

Member 1303

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:48 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:48 AM #56 of 70
I do the shoe thing too, although that's more out of sheer terror than anything else as I did once find a spider in my shoe — except it was less "found" and more "put my foot in and felt it squelch".

I also now check my bed every single night by pulling the covers off and looking around, after this...

No, it's not the same spider. It really did happen twice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Thrik; Mar 5, 2006 at 11:50 PM.
Oric
Syklis Green

Member 1787

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:05 AM #57 of 70
Fuck, now I'm not going to sleep all night.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:15 AM #58 of 70
I have no fear of spiders. I was eating dinner at my father's friend's house. He had this hot daughter my age and we talked about school and stuff. Suddenly, she pointed at a spider on the floor, I picked it up with my bear fingers, squished it, and threw it out. She didn't talk to me the rest of the night. Did I do something weird?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Thrik
Carob Nut

Member 1303

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:23 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:23 AM #59 of 70
I think a little fear is healthy when it comes to spiders; after all, some of those cute little angels can cause some serious damage if allowed.

Not that you get any that can do damage around here. The bastard above is a close relative of the hobo spider minus the maliciousness (hobo is tegenaria agrestis, mine is tegenaria domestica), but that's about as far as it goes.

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:59 AM #60 of 70
I cant help but triple check to make sure my keys and wallet are still in my pocket. I have a paranoid feeling that my wallet or my keys are gonna fall out of my pockets.

the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:04 PM #61 of 70
Originally Posted by *AkirA*
I cant help but triple check to make sure my keys and wallet are still in my pocket. I have a paranoid feeling that my wallet or my keys are gonna fall out of my pockets.
I'm the same way. I will check my coat pockets around every half-hour to make sure my keys, wallet, and phone are still in there. I think to myself that because the pockets are sort of loose, things could totally fall out and I might not notice, so I keep making sure they're there.

This happens when I park my car, too. I'll lock the door but will turn around two or three times to make absolutely sure I didn't forget to lock it, while simultaneously checking my pocket to make sure I didn't leave the keys in the car.

I do the no-walking-on-lines thing sometimes when I'm out and about, although it usually only happens after I look down and realize I'm stepping on a lot of them, or something.

1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:09 PM #62 of 70
Whenever I drink a can of soda I have to tap it on the bottom with my index finger seven times before I can open it. It used to be three times, but I've slipped further down the cracks to insanity...

espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:34 PM #63 of 70
Okay, I have a really weird habit when it comes to eating bananas. After I open a banana i bite the top off and spit it out for some unexplainable reason. My family and friends notice this and constantly ask me why i do that. Another one of my habits is that I never finish drinking a bottle of water, I always leave like half a centimeter to a centimeter of water at the bottom, another unexplainable habit.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:01 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:01 PM #64 of 70
I fell victim to the myth that if a can of pop has been shaken, tapping the top of it repeatedly will reduce the pressure and you can open it worry free. I tried it one in elementary school. I shook the hell out of the can, then i tapped the top of it repeatedly alternating between my index and middle finger for about 30 seconds, then opened it. It was perfectly fine, no explosions, no nothing. Even after that event, i've never been totally sure of this method's integrity, so i've never done this test again, for fear of an explosion.

regardless, I do tap the top of my pop cans about 9 times, alternating between my index and middle finger before opening it, just in case. As you can see, i'm rather paranoid about my pop cans exploading.

Another weird one for me is, and i must say i have no idea where i picked this up, watching cartoon characters to see if they step on lines on the sidewalk. If they do, i used to outright cringe at the sight of it, now i just sort of tense up, and get a weird feeling in my stomach. If they don't, i get a huge wave of relief. I've never been a line avoider, or anything like that, but apperantly i care whether or not cartoon characters step on lines.

My Findings: Homer Simpson is the worst for that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 09:02 PM #65 of 70
Originally Posted by the quiet fox
I'm the same way. I will check my coat pockets around every half-hour to make sure my keys, wallet, and phone are still in there. I think to myself that because the pockets are sort of loose, things could totally fall out and I might not notice, so I keep making sure they're there.

This happens when I park my car, too. I'll lock the door but will turn around two or three times to make absolutely sure I didn't forget to lock it, while simultaneously checking my pocket to make sure I didn't leave the keys in the car.

I do the no-walking-on-lines thing sometimes when I'm out and about, although it usually only happens after I look down and realize I'm stepping on a lot of them, or something.
Im the same way about my car. I double check the doors and make sure my lights, radio, etc isnt on. I think its a good habit to have, but the wallet thing can get quite compulsive.

Ive done the walking on lines thing, but I usually try to position my foot perfectly in the squares. Its not to the point that I cant walk right, but its just something I do without thinking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Darsh
blargh

Member 1375

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:41 PM #66 of 70
Everytime I leave my house, when I lock my door, I turn the doorknob all the way to tight as hard as I can so my hand hurts, so when I walk away and wonder if I locked my door, if my hand hurts a bit, it means I properly locked my door. But even afterwards, I still fear my door is unlocked.
I pace constantly to the point where I cant think straight sitting down, I cant enjoy music sitting down, I must be walking or driving to enjoy it. Nearly every night when I listen to tunes, I pace back and forth in my living room for about 2 hours just jamming out to metal and occasionaly glancing at muted TV.
theres more, but thats the most annoying of it

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:46 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:46 PM #67 of 70
I have an obsession with getting the opinions of my looks from women.... not really for flirting or whatever, but I like to have an idea of how I look to women.

I also shake my legs when sitting down, usually when I'm bored, like either back and forth side to side, or shaking it like a dog.

Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:23 PM #68 of 70
Originally Posted by Thrik
I also now check my bed every single night by pulling the covers off and looking around
Same. Every night/morning before going to sleep, I'll turn the largest light in my room on, shake my comforter, and then the pillows. I have a bunch of borax in little bowls scattered throughout my room. Not much for spiders, more for anything else that's multipedal that I don't like.

cuss words
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:41 PM #69 of 70
Before leaving a place after having set down I must always feel for my iPod, cell phone, house keys and train/bus/metro pass. If one of them is not where I think it should be, I begin to frantically search my person until the misplaced item is found.

When printing lecture summaries I always have to have them printed individually even though the summaries are released in sets of two or three in one document.

When sitting down I am almost always tapping one of my feet or moving one of my legs in some way.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:39 PM #70 of 70
I hate all of you leg shakers.

I usually check to make sure my alarm's set for the next morning at least five times before I go to sleep every night. I always hate being late, and I feel like the only way I'm ever late to anything is if I oversleep (thing is, I can't remember the last time I actually did oversleep).

I'm also one of the people that avoids stepping on cracks/lines, though if I do step on one I'll have to be sure to step on another one with my other foot. I always try to make steps equal out for every surface I walk on, too.

Best thing I know of is my one professor that would knock every corner on his desk before and after every lecture. None of us knew why and nobody ever got up the nerve to ask him. We did wonder if it had anything to do with the three to four two liters of diet Pepsi he'd go through every day at school, though (his office looked like a recycling plant).

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Quirky rituals