Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I'm not ashamed!

splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:17 AM #51 of 62
Just got into more j-pop which seems to be much worse than anything I used to listen to. Worse than Alizee or Sowelu.

I'm ashamed that I listen to Hello!Project groups, especially W. But I can't stop myself!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
[RIGHT]
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:47 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 10:47 AM #52 of 62
Things I'm not ashamed of? Because there are some things that I AM ashamed of, like crying at the end of the Sixth Sense....when I was seventeen. >_> Not because of the plot or anything, it just triggered something unrelated in my head.

Uhm....yeah. I'm not ashamed to come to Gamingforce with the rest of you nerdlingers. I'm not ashamed that I love watching House and playing Trauma Center all the time. I'm not ashamed that I have a facebook and myspace account, although I don't use them all too much. I'm not ashamed that I'm attracted to tomboys and girls with short hair, or that I find girls in suits hot. Uhm...there's probably more, but I don't want to drag on.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:20 PM #53 of 62
- I enjoy Linkin Park, Evanesence, Christina Aguilera, some Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson, some Madonna
- Harry Potter books are ok, but they're starting to read like the same thing over and over and over.
- I like anime.
- I listen to anime and videogame music.
- I buy anime DVDs.

These are things that most people I know either frown upon or raise eyebrows at.

What's up with Green Day suddenly not being "in"? American Idiot was a fantastic album. I just finished listening to it again this morning.

How ya doing, buddy?

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 12:22 PM #54 of 62
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
What's up with Green Day suddenly not being "in"? American Idiot was a fantastic album. I just finished listening to it again this morning.
It's because they were orginally a "punk" band, and American Idiot was a "commercial success" and people feel like they sold out (though people said the same thing when they signed to a major record label in the 90s), or something. I dunno.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:44 PM #55 of 62
I enjoy furry comics, but I dont have a myspace. So I think it evens out in the end.

FELIPE NO
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 04:36 PM #56 of 62
I have a MySpace and a Facebook, and I update them regularly. I also have a bazillion online journals that I rarely update. Also, I like Metallica regardless of what dumbshit they do to make people dislike them even more (although nothing could bring me to like St. Anger. Nothing.).

I also have listened to some Backstreet Boys/N*sync songs in the past. Never bought an album, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like some of their stuff.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:33 PM #57 of 62
Originally Posted by christinajon
It's because they were orginally a "punk" band, and American Idiot was a "commercial success" and people feel like they sold out (though people said the same thing when they signed to a major record label in the 90s), or something. I dunno.
But they've had albums that were bigger successes that American Idiot...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 05:42 PM #58 of 62
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
But they've had albums that were bigger successes that American Idiot...
Yeah, I know, but that's what the kids at my school bitched about.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rat
Rat Q Insatiable

Member 4714

Level 4.40

Apr 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:37 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2006, 10:37 PM #59 of 62
Arrow

The fact that people can ridicule me just for being makes whatever dorky interests I have moot. Pokemon, Harry Potter, anime, you name it. So, yeah, no insecurities here. :D

How ya doing, buddy?
+_+
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:45 PM #60 of 62
I like FF7. There. I said it. I acknowledge its flaws; I admit that there are better games in existence. But when it comes time to replay the FF series, that one creeps up to the top of my list each time. It may be the "first RPG" syndrome, but I don't care. I love the stupid game.

I also enjoy Harry Potter, although not fanatically. Sure, it's not Shakespeare, but when you can write a book that people from 9 months to 9 decades old can enjoy, you're sure as hell doing something right.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:41 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2006, 10:41 PM #61 of 62
I cry when I listen to John Mayer songs. YOU MOCK, but you're just jealous that you're not as sensitive or sincere as he is. And no I don't really believe that but he fakes it really fucking well, he says shit women want to hear and does it in a really really good way.

Yanni is pretty good at what he does, whatever it is.

How ya doing, buddy?
ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:24 AM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 11:24 PM #62 of 62
Not ashamed, eh? I didn't even know I was supposed to be ashamed about half this stuff. So what if I like video games, Harry Potter, Eragon, comic books, and have a MySpace page? Aren't those all "cool" and "mainstream" now?

Sure, when I was in high school you kept quiet about reading the Wheel of Time or playing Final Fantasy VII on a Friday night instead of going out on a date. But from what I can tell playing video games, watching movies about comic book heroes, reading fantasy books, and watching/reading anime/manga is not stuff that you get beat up for in high school now. But then again, what do I know? It has been 10 years since I was a freshman so my knowledge of current high school trends is a little out of date. At this point it doesn't matter what I like or do because most of the other professionals in my field (even those twice my age) like or do the same thing.

So I am going to pretend this thread was created in 1999 and announce what I was not ashamed of back then:

I'm not ashamed that I:
would rather play my playstation than go drink beer with a bunch of jocks
have a geocities page
talk to girls on ICQ instead of the phone
am going to the midnight showing of Episode 1
chose to be in the band and gymnastics rather than play football
still watch Batman cartoons
listen to classical and video game music instead of "cool" music like Backstreet Boys, Ricky Martin, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Woo this is fun!

Finally, back to current times, I am not ashamed that the only reason I even looked at this thread was because OO started it and I remembered chatting with him a lot (as chocobomog) when I first got on GFF back in 2001.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > I'm not ashamed!