Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Boston flips out when people report LED Mooninites as bombs

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 03:27 PM #51 of 60
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/cit..._broadcas.html

Turner will pay out $2M for the trouble Boston had to go through to blow up an LED panel and find the other panels. (Boston mayor) Tom Menino and (Massachusetts DA) Martha Coakley are all like, "haha, we win, we didn't overreact, this money is teh proofs!"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Dopefish; Feb 5, 2007 at 03:40 PM.
Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 5, 2007, 05:49 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 04:49 PM #52 of 60
Eh, 2 million is a drop in the bucket for a company like Turner. I don't see how those two can say they didn't overreact considering that they were the ones who pursued the matter this far.

I also think it's interesting about how they still plan on throwing the two guys who set it up in prison (for five years at the most). Guess they don't have 2 million to spare.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:31 AM #53 of 60
I saw the report on the news the other day and I laughed so hard when I saw the image on the sign.

I don't understand how they could believe a light up sign with a cartoon image on it could be a bomb.

I was speaking idiomatically.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:52 AM #54 of 60
this movie will generate MAD profits anyways, so all they have to wait and hope the movie doesent bomb.

Most amazing jew boots
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:04 PM #55 of 60
This little tidbit changes my opinion of the two guys that were arrested.

Originally Posted by CNN
One of the men criminally charged after placing blinking cartoon advertisements around the city and causing a terrorism scare videotaped a police bomb squad removing one of the devices, but did not tell the officers the object was harmless.

Surveillance cameras caught 27-year-old Peter Berdovsky videotaping officers removing what they thought was a possible bomb last week.

"Mr. Berdovsky didn't do anything inappropriate," his lawyer, Walter Prince, said Tuesday.

Prince said Berdovsky had received a call that morning from a friend who told him there was a bomb threat at a transit station. He said Berdovsky was unaware it involved one of the electronic devices that he and Sean Stevens, 28, had hung as part of a guerrilla advertising campaign for Turner Broadcasting, a division of Time Warner Inc.

"That's what he does. He videotapes things. He's a videotape freelance artist," Prince said. "When he got there, he realized what was going on, and he went back to his apartment and called his employer, and they told him they would take care of it. That's not an inappropriate response."
It's one thing to put up the signs, but it's another to sit by and videotape the chaos while the police freak out and the city shuts down. These guys deserve some jail time if that's the case.

FELIPE NO
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:11 PM #56 of 60
Eh. Doesn't mean much to me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:24 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2007, 01:24 PM #57 of 60
Since when is not helping the police out a crime? Is this Seinfeld?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Feb 6, 2007, 04:24 PM #58 of 60
It's one thing to put up the signs, but it's another to sit by and videotape the chaos while the police freak out and the city shuts down. These guys deserve some jail time if that's the case.
I disagree for the following reasons:

1.) If you were the person responsible for putting a "hoax bomb" up (when your intentions were CLEARLY not of a malicious nature), would you walk down, witness this "bomb scare" (which you intially didn't know involved your electronic board) and confess you PUT it there and it was harmless? Do you think anyone would believe you? At that point, I would videotape it if I could and keep it for evidence, if need be.

2.) He's a freelance videographer. Who the hell cares? He videotapes something that could arguably be completely separated from what he did.

3.) He really did the right thing to give his employer a call before he got involved in police affairs. The employer would provide an attorney, who would likely advise AGAINST confessions.

So maybe the video taping was gratuitous and silly. But I would have likely done the same. You don't know what his actual reasons are, so you can't assume he did it for shits and giggles with his "bomb hoax."

and lol at capo~ <3

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 05:19 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 04:19 PM #59 of 60
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070209/...icious_devices

Cartoon Network chief Jim Samples has stepped down as head of Cartoon Network, citing that he felt obligated to do so because of the gravity of the situation that occurred under his watch.

Seems a bit extreme to me, but it is showing the government people who are on their case that they're serious in showing that they regret what happened. Still seems pretty foolish to me, but whaddyagonnado. I hope they keep the guy on in some position in the company, because to completely lose your job for what amounted to a miscalculation that was (at least monetarily) paid for would stink.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 09:45 PM #60 of 60
Do you think he resigned because he felt responsible, or because of corporate pressure? Surely $2 million isn't an enormous sum for Turner, but the company seems committed to acting as contrite as possible about this whole situation, and they could have asked Samples to resign to show they're serious.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Boston flips out when people report LED Mooninites as bombs