Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

E3 Anticipation Thread

Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:13 PM #51 of 93
I forgot to mention - Xenosaga III - Also Sprach Zarathrustra. They need to pull the wraps of that game, its been so long dammit. They haven't released real info since last years E3 dammit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 11:47 PM #52 of 93
Ahh. Just remembered. I hafta keep an eye out for Front Mission: Scars of War AND Rogue Galaxy. Highlights of the gaming year for me =o News on Resident Evil 5 wouldn't be half bad~ As long as it plays like #4. Fantastic game <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:01 AM #53 of 93
I almost forgot about Rogue Galaxy. That game sounds great (literally, I like the OST). I want details on a NA release.

Front Mission: Scars of War? Is that the MMORPG?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 06:06 PM #54 of 93
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
I just wrote that. Did you even read my post?
Yes, but you implied that(actually, you said that) it was a Square-Enix game. Neither Square nor Enix contributed to the essence of DQVIII.

What I was trying to say, was that a proper Square-Enix title, Final Fantasy or Chrono game probably wouldn't ever be made cel-shaded. It isn't hard to understand.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:09 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:09 AM #55 of 93
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
I almost forgot about Rogue Galaxy. That game sounds great (literally, I like the OST). I want details on a NA release.

Front Mission: Scars of War? Is that the MMORPG?
The next Front Mission. Came out at the very end of December in Japan. Squenix claims they aren't grabbing it because they want to finish up Kingdom Hearts 2 before going to it. Which pisses me off, because I really want to play it. But that's a rumor. They might not even be touching the game at all. And that really gets me mad. They already did 3 & 4. Figured 5 would be a definite job for them to bring state-side.

Most amazing jew boots
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:58 AM #56 of 93
I predict that FFXIII wont be announced but Everything FFXII will be, probably down to price and/or bonus features.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:15 PM #57 of 93
Originally Posted by K_ Takahashi
I predict that FFXIII wont be announced but Everything FFXII will be, probably down to price and/or bonus features.
It probably will, though. Even if it's simply a 5 second teaser or whathaveyou, it'll be shown in some form. Of course, FFXII will overshadow it since Square doesn't want everyone ignoring a game they've delayed for years in order to focus on FFXIII.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
DRAKO
Lobo Estepario

Member 4053

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 02:10 PM #58 of 93
i just wanna know if okami will be a zelda-like sort of...
and..
tell something about vp:silmeria or fm5 or rogue galaxy or x3 or..
me..like the rpgs?
nah...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
if you don´t kill me for my english , i won´t kill you for your spanish...
thnx

i was IKKYU back then...but who cares...
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 01:35 PM #59 of 93
35 days until E3 2006

826:25:49

I think. New DS Opera information would be nice.

Most amazing jew boots
Neogin
Wealth of Random Knowledge

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 02:27 PM #60 of 93
I'm actually waiting for Nintendo to make their move. Sony might grab everyone's attention like last year, but hell, I'm more interested in Nintendo and Microsoft.

The Revolution is just..making me excited, I can't wait. I missed out on a great childhood. It's a shame I've never played any NES/SNES games, and most N64 games. So, what better way to relive it than play some old school Nintendo games? Nintendo also has more upcoming news about the DS, which deals with the Play-Yan, and the Opera broswer.

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:16 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 04:16 PM #61 of 93
Only thing I realy care about is MGS4's new trailer showing off several in-game cutscenes and some actual gameplay footage, as well as showing us what the story is going to be about this time. I'm hoping there will be more PS3 games shown off so that I have something to buy the system for other than Metal Gear.

Oh, and I hope that there's a longer God of War 2 trailer.

[ MOBIUS ]
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 05:07 PM #62 of 93
I'm over all hoping that stuff will start happening for Nintendo. I really want to see lots of new games for Revolution, stuff like Castlevania, maybe some RTS games, RPGs (it's time a nintendo got some RPGs again), maybe a Vigilante 8 game, Resident Evil. Basically i want to see more third party stuff for Nintendo.

Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 06:59 PM #63 of 93
Well, developers and publishers alike found the controller to be interesting. Let's hope they help Nintendo pull through, :/

FELIPE NO
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:05 AM #64 of 93
Okay, I think there is enough Revolution discussion in here. To give more general E3 discussion a bit more of a presence in here please keep Revolution discussion to the newly made Pre-Pre-E3 Revolution thread.

As for E3, I'm of course looking forward to Revolution along with any new stuff for DS and if no news of DSlite comes before E3 that as well. Nintendo is going to try as big a presence as possible there I bet.

I'm also really looking forward to PS3 and seeing actual games in motion on the system and any news of the machine itself and all the specifics. Basically any cool games etc. I'm hoping for a price drop for the PSP and hopefully a lot of new games that'll pique my interest.

From Microsoft I'm looking forward to the next wave of games that finally have gotten enough time to take advantage of the console that I think the first wave suffered from. Who knows, maybe if there's some really nifty games I'll just plunk down some money for software and play them at Mo0's house. ='D

What I'd really love to see though is Lucasarts actually making some original non-Star Wars games and embracing the classic adventure genre once more. Fat chance but one can always dream.

Oh yeah and I want to see more of Spore. That game looks hawt!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:44 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 01:14 AM #65 of 93
I am looking forward to the Revolution. The games, the controller and the possibilities. Also looking forward to new DS announcements and games. This E3 is probably about 75% Nintendo for me.

And to a lesser extent the PS3, probably about 10%. There is no way I am going to be able to afford one when it launches, but there still are a couple of exclusive series I want to play and am interested in.

The last percentages are 10% Spore, and about 5% Microsoft. I don't think there could be much that would wow me from Microsoft, probably only Halo 3. That's about it, but I could be wrong.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Neogin

Member 641

Level 16.38

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:19 PM #66 of 93
What about the handheld that Microsoft announced? The supposidly "IPOD, PSP, and DS" killer? I thought that was interesting..

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:36 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 12:36 PM #67 of 93
I just want to see US announcements for a few good PS2 titles so I can sleep better at night.

1. Tales of the Abyss - I swear Namco, I don't care if you publish it or if someone else like XSEED publishes it. This game has to be released in English. It just HAS to. A lot of people say this is the best Tales game created in quite awhile, and leaving it in Asia would be a HUGE mistake. I'd actually prefer someone else other than Namco publish it though since Namco tends to make a lot of localization budget cuts for no reason. (Like half the voice acting missing from Tales fo Legendia)

2. Rogue Galaxy - The game gets announced for Europe but not for US. That makes no sense considering Level 5 games tend to sell well here in the states. I figure SCEA is waiting for E3 to make the US announcement so they can hype the game up in stuff. Or at least they better be. >=(

3. Ar-Toneliko - I know Nippon Ichi has its hands full at the moment with a ton of releases, but I do hope they make some sort of official announcement about releasing this awesome 2D game. I don't care if we don't get it till the end of the year, I just wanna play it in English.

Besides that, I'm looking forward to more information about other big titles such as Zelda and Phantasy Star Universe.

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:51 PM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 05:51 PM #68 of 93
Originally Posted by Neogin
What about the handheld that Microsoft announced? The supposidly "IPOD, PSP, and DS" killer? I thought that was interesting..
I thought that was revealed to tbe the UMPC. Speaking of which I wonder if we'll see more that that widget, maybe they'll reveal a more powerful model that can play more advanced games.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 07:40 PM #69 of 93
Originally Posted by Neogin
iPod? iPod? Since when does an iPod have any relation to the handheld gaming scene?

Whatever, it might actually be a good idea since the PSP definitely isn't catching up to the DS now. If Microsoft release a handheld then maybe the PSP will have some fair competition.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 02:22 AM #70 of 93
Probably because PSP was supposed to be the iPod killer with it's movie playback and big screen... Too many companies want to cram as much shit into as little space as possible and fail to realize that it simply doesn't work.

I think MS is shooting for the same thing with this "Origami" thing... I think they gave it an unveiling a few months back. It's basically a handheld PC, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Maybe we'll see their own foray into the handheld market, but meh, it would be retarded.

Old Apr 8, 2006, 05:13 AM #71 of 93
Guys, Origami is hardly a portable gaming machine. The thing is huge, much more expensive than the PSP, and wasn't made in mind to be a gaming machine. Think of it more like a tablet PC.

If Microsoft is truly thinking of a handheld device and I'm pretty sure they aren't then it isn't the Origami. Microsoft seems fairly content just having Rare support GBA and any way to take sales away from Sony since they are their main rival. I think Microsoft would much rather have Nintendo succeeding in the handheld business to an extent that it hurt Sony's profits.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:15 AM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 01:15 AM #72 of 93
My wishlist:

\\NINTENDO//
- Zelda TP: More videos, screens and release dates
- Revolution: Final design, final name, videos of actual games, third party games
- Metroid Prime 3
- DS: Web Browser, TV Tuner, DS Lite release dates (outside of Japan), future games
- GBA New (wishful thinking)

\\SONY//
- PSP: New games
- PS3: Actual videos, redesigned controls, games
- FFXII: Near completed form
- Okami: More videos, screens and release dates

\\MICROSOFT//
- ... (Okay, I'll try to not be biased here... Microsoft ain't really my thang)
- Halo 3
- Rare stuff that is worth hyping up to

\\PC//
- Spore!!!

~fin~

Most amazing jew boots
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 03:06 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 05:06 PM #73 of 93
Guys, ORIGAMI and the soon-to-be-announced Portable VG system are two different things.

How ya doing, buddy?
alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 04:10 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 01:10 PM #74 of 93
My E3 will be spent working, but it should be interesting. I plan on making a beeline to Remedy's booth as soon as the doors open to bombard whoever is there with questions about Alan Wake.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to what Nintendo has to say about the Revolution and Microsoft's second-gen showings.

How ya doing, buddy?

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 09:49 PM #75 of 93
Originally Posted by alkaline
My E3 will be spent working, but it should be interesting. I plan on making a beeline to Remedy's booth as soon as the doors open to bombard whoever is there with questions about Alan Wake.
I tried that last year and all I got out of them was a guy who made a tumble-weed roll in the booth with a windy sound.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > E3 Anticipation Thread