Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] VG Trivia!

SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:14 PM #76 of 313
Originally Posted by Gakineko
and for kicks, name 1 game for every letter of the alphabet. be sure to use the spoiler tags. i'm going to attempt to run a score with this one, so for every unique game you get a point and for every series that is mentioned more than once between people you get 0 for that letter :3 This is honor code based, so please refrain checking against other people's lists until your list has been finalized.
Ha! Awesome, I did this sort of thing at work today to kill time...Let's see...

Spoiler:

Abadox
Baldur's Gate
Colony Wars
Dark Savior
Earthworm Jim
Faxanadu
Gyruss
Hybrid Heaven
Intelligent Qube
Jackal
Karnov
Legendary Wings
Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Neverwinter Nights
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Qix
Ristar
Silhouette Mirage
Tomba!
Uniracers
Virtual On
Wetrix
Xexyz
Yo! Noid
Zaxxon

EDIT: Damn, not as unique as I thought...

Double Post:
- Name 3 games that have capsule machines

Wait...capsule machines of the walk-in variety or put-in-a-coin-and-turn-the-crank kind?

How ya doing, buddy?
DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...

Last edited by SonicPanda; Jul 18, 2006 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:30 PM #77 of 313
- Name 3 games that have capsule machines
- Super Smash Brothers Melee (trophy dispenser), the Dragonball Z RPG for SNES (the saiyan "capsule" is a machine), and I'm tempted to say Mario Party 5/6/7 (one of the orb dispensers?)

Most amazing jew boots
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:36 PM #78 of 313
Originally Posted by SonicPanda
EDIT: Damn, not as unique as I thought...
Well, it can't beat the mediocrity of mine. I'm sure everybody's heard just about all of those games at one point or another, but regardless. It seems that the activity in this thread has died off so I'll attempt to jump start it again.

Specific Game Questions:

1. In Final Fantasy IV, how many characters can you control that die off sometime in the game?

2. In Final Fantasy V, how many times do you fight X-Death, in one form or another?

3. In Final Fantasy VI, How many Atma Weapons are there?

4. In Final Fantasy VII, name 2 places where the music changes permenantly as you progress in the game.

5. In Final Fantasy VIII, which issue of Weapons Monthly gives you access to the Cutting Trigger?

6. In Final Fantasy IX, how much mail must you deliver in order to revive Mognet Central?

And Some General Questions....

1. Name 3 Racing Games which have a temporary shield pickup available (different series please). These protect you for 1 hit.

2. Name 3 FPS games that start you off with anything besides a Pistol/Blaster/whatever variation. (again, different series)

3. Name 3 RTS games which have more than 3 resources you can gather.

4. Name 3 RPG games where you need to buy ammuntion to use ranged weapons. (i.e. arrows)

5. Name 3 Strategy RPGs special characters that you fight more than once.

That should get us started.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Omnislash124; Jul 18, 2006 at 09:45 PM.
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 09:43 PM #79 of 313
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
25) Name an RPG where the opposite of "evil" magic is not "holy" magic.
Ogre Battle 64 has Virtue and Bane instead of Holy and Evil, if that counts.

Originally Posted by Omnislash124
3. Name 3 RTS games which have more than 3 resources you can gather.

4. Name 3 RPG games where you need to buy ammuntion to use ranged weapons. (i.e. arrows)

That should get us started.
3. Empire Earth has food, stone, iron, gold, and whatnot. I can't quite remember, but it's more than three.

4. A huge amount. Final Fantasy IV, Diablo II, and Baldur's Gate are a few examples.

5. In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, there's the Black Knight. You have the option to fight him more than once, anyway...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Dalkaen; Jul 18, 2006 at 09:45 PM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:59 PM #80 of 313
Yay! buncha questions and tricky ones at that

1. In Final Fantasy IV, how many characters can you control that die off sometime in the game?
Spoiler:
I'll say 4: Tellah, Palom, Porom, Cecil's dark side. I could be wackiernad say Rydia's young self to make 5. I'm not counting Yang.

2. In Final Fantasy V, name 2 classes that can be missed one way or another.
Mimic, Dancer (?)

Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Unlimited SaGa (don't remember)

Celia (FFT), Lede (FFT), Midboss (Disgaea)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gakineko
You're sukiyaki!

Member 3199

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:18 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 12:18 AM #81 of 313
After calculating the current alpha list scores (speaking of which, it's never too late to submit a list) , i came across a problem on how to deal with a violator of the "series rule". if you wouldn't mind, would the current participants please refer to the front page and answer the questions under the dupe game list spoiler tab <3

while reading through the results i thought about the games i was thinking about before i submitted my 26 and realized that a handful of them were on my list before i finalized it. and also, i noticed that several of the games listed were some of my favorites <3 i like this gaming crowd.

to change up the flow of this, we could recycle the "list x game" questions that didn't get answered with the games we had in mind when they were thought up and pin the "ideal" answers as they come.
any thoughts on this?

oh yeah.
Q: Name 3 games where it is possible to "lock weapons" with the opponent?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Gakineko; Jul 19, 2006 at 03:21 AM.
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:06 AM #82 of 313
After calculating the current alpha list scores (speaking of which, it's never too late to submit a list) , i came across a problem on how to deal with a violator of the "series rule". if you wouldn't mind, would the current participants please refer to the front page and answer the questions under the dupe game list spoiler tab <3
I'd say go by Genre. Games that play alike are considered the same game. So basically, what I'm saying is 1 series is Mario Platformers, 1 series is Mario Sports, another is Mario RPGs, etc. Games with different protagonists but same cast is considered a different series.

Hmmm.....That's Dynasty Warriors, Bushido Blade 2.....can't quite think of another one.

EDIT: Summonmaster,
Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, Palom and Porom recovered by the end of the game. By some elder dude or something....

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Omnislash124; Jul 19, 2006 at 06:09 AM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:59 AM #83 of 313
Ah right hadn't played IV for a while, then again I stopped at the moon :s

Samurai Showdown, Samurai Showdown IV, Kirby Superstar (Samurai Kirby)

I like the ideal answers idea.
BTW, for 25) I had SaGa Frontier (mind vs. evil magic)

Now to test your logic, these aren't hard, but just to see if you can interpret correctly:
27) Name a game in which the ultimate attack does exactly the same amount of damage as a normal attack is capable of doing.
28) Name any character that can have about three weapons on him/her at one time. (FPSs don't count)
29) Name 2 damage-dealing summons that can never kill an opponent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:06 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 10:06 AM #84 of 313
Quote:
Well one would be Diablo (FF VIII). As for a second, I can't think of any others.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dalkaen

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 01:33 PM #85 of 313
27) Name a game in which the ultimate attack does exactly the same amount of damage as a normal attack is capable of doing.
28) Name any character that can have about three weapons on him/her at one time. (FPSs don't count)
27. That's an oddly phrased question. An ultimate attack that does exactly the same amount of damage a normal attack is capable of doing? Usually, normal attacks have a range of damage they're capable of inflicting. How can an ultimate attack deal exactly a "range" of damage? I guess it would make sense if both attacks did the same range of damage, but I dunno.

28. Another odd question. Any character in Fire Emblem, for starters. Units are allowed to carry five items of any type, so you can carry three weapons if you want.

---

3. Name three RPGs that require (or allow) some form of timed hits in battle.
4. Name two games that allow you to unlock game content with currency earned ingame.

I was speaking idiomatically.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 11:32 PM #86 of 313
Originally Posted by Dalkaen
3. Name three RPGs that require (or allow) some form of timed hits in battle.
4. Name two games that allow you to unlock game content with currency earned ingame.
3. Tales of Symphonia, Star Ocean 3 (I think), Vagrant Story.

4. Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Advance Wars (kinda).

Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 04:14 PM #87 of 313
Now to test your logic, these aren't hard, but just to see if you can interpret correctly:
Not sure about 27, but 28 is vague. Any character from Shining Force can hold 3 weapons at a time, but as far as equipping ALL three weapons, the Golems from Legend of Mana can have 3 weapons.

2 Damage Dealing, Non-Killing summons would include Diablo (FFVIII) and I think Remora (FFV) counts too if you get hit, you do lose HP, but at a steady pace and that doesn't kill you outright.

Come to think of it, these are all vague.

FELIPE NO
Dalkaen

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:13 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 08:13 PM #88 of 313
Originally Posted by Qwarky
3. Tales of Symphonia, Star Ocean 3 (I think), Vagrant Story.
I was thinking more along the lines of traditional turn-based RPGs, but those work too.

5. Name two strategy games in which it is necessary to capture or liberate enemy towns/strongholds.

How ya doing, buddy?
electric_eye
PIMPLE

Member 7372

Level 18.98

May 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 03:00 AM #89 of 313
and for kicks, name 1 game for every letter of the alphabet. be sure to use the spoiler tags. i'm going to attempt to run a score with this one, so for every unique game you get a point and for every series that is mentioned more than once between people you get 0 for that letter :3 This is honor code based, so please refrain checking against other people's lists until your list has been finalized.
Alphabet soup!

Spoiler:

A - Actua Golf 2
B - Blam! Machinehead
C - Command & Conquer
D - Dino Crisis
E - Exhumed
F - Frogger
G - G-Police
H - Hugo
I - Iznogoud
J - Jade Cocoon
K - Koudelka
L - Little Big Adventure
M - Medievil
N - North & South
O - Onimusha Warlords
P - Perfect Dark
Q - Quake
R - Rage Racer
S - Super Puzzle Fighter II
T - Tetris
U - Uninvited
V - V-Rally
X - X-Men
Y - Y's III
Z - Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Omnislash124

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:10 PM #90 of 313
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
Name four non-Final Fantasy characters that can use the enemies' attacks or abilities.
Well, this is tricky...I'm not sure if you mean the enemies can use your spells or something like enemy skill/blue magic. Or if both you and your enemy share the same skill pot. I'm saying like Seiken Densetsu 3 as Duran vs. the Black Knight where you can use Whrilwind Sword/Eruption Sword, etc or Angela's Holy Ball/Diamond Missile, etc or Hawk's Jutsus that mimic those of Bill&Ben or hell, even Carlie's Heal Light that is used by enemies.

There's 4 right there if that's what you want. Otherwise, if you're talking about like Blue Magic or Enemy Skill, I dunno.

Most amazing jew boots
SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:56 PM #91 of 313

Well, DMC3 Dante can have four, with Ebony & Ivory/Agni & Rudra equipped.

-Name four non-Final Fantasy characters that can use the enemies' attacks or abilities.

Megaman, Dante (again), Kirby, and Soma Cruz.

Question time again: Name 3 games that let you play during the credits.

DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...

Last edited by SonicPanda; Jul 19, 2006 at 10:02 PM.
Gakineko
You're sukiyaki!

Member 3199

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 11:25 PM #92 of 313
games that let you play during the credits? how about: Beatmania , Technic Beat, and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror? (i'll need to re-check kirby)

Dalkaen 5)are Advance Wars, and Soul Calibur III (chronicles of the sword) acceptable answers?

Summonmaster 28)Link (LoZ:OoT) is able to hold onto 3 objects with the left, down, and right c-buttons (so he's technically equipping 3). is this an acceptable answer?

-Four non Final Fantasy characters that can use enemies' moves
Musashi (brave fencer musashi), Smeargle (pokemon), Olcadan (Soul Calibur 3), Emerl (Sonic Battle).

Name 4 characters that morph into copies of enemies as a specialty.
the following is my answer:
Spoiler:
Ditto (pokemon), Axl (MMX7), Mutants (Final Fantasy Legend) & Copy Man (Gotcha Force)

Btw. electric_eye, you left out a W game, so i was unable to rank you. would you mind editing your post with a W game in there somewhere?

Last edited by Gakineko; Jul 20, 2006 at 03:49 AM.
Dalkaen

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 04:44 AM #93 of 313
Dalkaen 5)are Advance Wars, and Soul Calibur III (chronicles of the sword) acceptable answers?
Advance Wars was one of the games I had in mind, but Soul Calibur III isn't a strategy game. (I'm guessing it has something similar to Soul Calibur II's Weapon Master mode?)

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mithos
Angel of Cruxis

Member 3307

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 02:28 PM #94 of 313
You do capture and liberate strongholds.
It's not a strategy game as such, but superficially, it appears as one. Basically, you have a team of up to five (or something) men, and you move them around a map (there are a limited number of routes, but whatever).
The enemy also has an army, and basically wants to destroy all of your guys/strongholds.

So you have to sort of move around and kill stuff, but in an encounter, you can choose to fight it in the normal engine.

I wouldn't accept it as a valid answer though. ><;;

By any other name, would smell as sweet.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:47 PM #95 of 313
Don't think too hard:
27) Final Fantasy IX, damage cap is 9999, so any ultimate attack (Ark, Madeen, Doomsday) will easily do exactly the same amount of damage as a normal attack is capable of doing (eg. Steiner -> Attack).
28) Zoro from One Piece (Three Swords), and most SaGa series characters (can equip 3-4 weapons at once).
29) I had Diablos in mind, and I made a mistake with this question (sorry!). I thought Celesdue was also in the strain of gravity attack based on current hp. I didn't know Remora sapped health a bit too, although it would be hard to tell if he did.

30) Name a game with 5 tiers of elemental magic.
31) Name 3 dragon summons that are not any form of "Bahamut". BoF series' dragon transformations don't count.
32) Name two different games (different series please) with fighting pandas in them.

FELIPE NO
Dalkaen

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:55 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 02:55 PM #96 of 313
Originally Posted by Mithos
You do capture and liberate strongholds.
It's not a strategy game as such, but superficially, it appears as one. Basically, you have a team of up to five (or something) men, and you move them around a map (there are a limited number of routes, but whatever).
The enemy also has an army, and basically wants to destroy all of your guys/strongholds.

So you have to sort of move around and kill stuff, but in an encounter, you can choose to fight it in the normal engine.

I wouldn't accept it as a valid answer though. ><;;
Oh, that's neat. I need to play SCIII one of these days.

32) Name two different games (different series please) with fighting pandas in them.
Warcraft III, I believe. Other than that, I dunno.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 10:57 PM #97 of 313
Originally Posted by SonicPanda
Question time again: Name 3 games that let you play during the credits.
Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros Melee, Katamari Damacy~
(and Starfox come to think of it)

How ya doing, buddy?

Mithos
Angel of Cruxis

Member 3307

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:50 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 01:50 PM #98 of 313
Name 3 dragon summons that are not any form of "Bahamut".
According to Isaiah, Leviathan is a dragon. ^_^
Originally Posted by Isaiah 27:1
"In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea."
Would you count that? (Leviathan from Final Fantasy).

Stretching the definition of summon, you do sorta summon Dragonite in Pokémon, right? ><;;

(A tad off topic - This might sound weird, but Dalkaen, were you on a forum called Fool's Gold by any chance?)

Most amazing jew boots
By any other name, would smell as sweet.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:11 AM #99 of 313
I did have Leviathan in mind, but Dragonite is really clever out-of-the-box thinking . I actually had one game in mind for each of these, so these must have been stumpers:
30) Name a game with 5 tiers of elemental magic.
31) Name 3 dragon summons that are not any form of "Bahamut". BoF series' dragon transformations don't count.
30) Disgaea (eg. fire, mega fire, giga fire, omega fire, tera fire)
31) Leviathan, Valitora, Garuda...all from Bahamut Lagoon (full of non "Bahamut" dragons)
32) Tekken 5 (!), and Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle (Genma)

Here are some much easier ones:
33) Name two fighting games with Quest modes
34) Name two fighting games where you can accessorize your characters
35) Name a game with "Nibelung Valesti" in it that is not any form of Valkyrie Profile.

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:13 AM #100 of 313
Originally Posted by Dalkaen
Warcraft III, I believe. Other than that, I dunno.

You can't forget the Tekken series. If you want an individual game, then Tekken 3 had the panda in it (if I remember right - what was its name again?).

And yeah, Leviathan is a dragon.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] VG Trivia!