Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:46 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2007, 10:46 PM #1151 of 2408
I don't know about you guys, but when someone is a douche and stops letting the game be fun we just don't invite them to play with us next time. That happened for a little bit with the one friend that would ONLY play as Link while the rest of us took completely random characters. It was just stupid when he'd brag about beating pichu, mr. game and watch, and dr. mario.

Most amazing jew boots
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:48 AM #1152 of 2408
I don't know about you guys, but when someone is a douche and stops letting the game be fun we just don't invite them to play with us next time.
I hope so, because just inviting them over and over again just makes it a glutton for punishment of torture.

I can just imagine though, if the ability to use taunt messages against others online could be.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:02 AM #1153 of 2408
I was hoping for something decent.

All we get is this 56 second video of DK's involvement in Adventure Mode. Someone stole his bananas again.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:22 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2007, 11:22 PM #1154 of 2408
I don't know about you guys, but when someone is a douche and stops letting the game be fun we just don't invite them to play with us next time. That happened for a little bit with the one friend that would ONLY play as Link while the rest of us took completely random characters. It was just stupid when he'd brag about beating pichu, mr. game and watch, and dr. mario.
Usually next round we just pick our best and totally crush him and proceed for the next few rounds essentially beating him down until he changes his ways or walks away.

Originally Posted by Chaotic
I was hoping for something decent.

All we get is this 56 second video of DK's involvement in Adventure Mode. Someone stole his bananas again.
Seeing as how the game has now been delayed to feburary I wonder if they're going to give us even more of these 'filler' updates.

Originally Posted by NovaX
So what we have gained from this whole argument is that Yggdrasil is an idiot.

I'd have to agree with Starman though, Battlefield would be the most fair, but that doesn't stop it from being horribly uninteresting and the same goes for Final Destination. I am definately under the belief that better players are those who play with more variables and can act and adapt accordingly.
NO U

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:05 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 08:05 AM #1155 of 2408
Already seen this one from EFA cam videos.

Snooooooreeeeeeeeennui.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:10 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 01:10 AM #1156 of 2408
Ummm... ok am I the only one who actually enjoys those little clips he puts up? They're very well done, and are completely fan service...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 04:08 AM #1157 of 2408
Ummm... ok am I the only one who actually enjoys those little clips he puts up? They're very well done, and are completely fan service...
E for All already had this one shown, along with quite a bit of Adventure mode gameplay with Donkey Kong and Diddy. Same for Kirby and Peach (and the Halberd) and Mario and Pit.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:29 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 10:29 PM #1158 of 2408
I am definitely under the belief that better players are those who play with more variables and can act and adapt accordingly.
Quoted for absolute truth. Real skill comes with the players who can utilize the items and dodge stage hazards. I never understood why some of the tourney's I've seen limit themselves to Final Destination without items -__-'. I mean, there's like 2GB of SSBM or so wasted because no one takes advantage of it...

One of my friends is a big tourney "(X) CHARACTER IS BROKEN!!!!" guy. Because of this, there was one time he, my girlfriend, my brother and I were just playing a friendly, "just for fun" match in Melee. Whereas me and my brother play Smash regularly, my girlfriend plays occasionally, but can deliver "massive damage" (*snigger, lol, etc.) to those who underestimated her. She happened to win in the match, and while my brother and I just laughed and joked about how we lost to a girl, my friend started blabbing on,

"Oh, (character) is so cheap, he's broken, and I would've won if it were 1-on-1. And you guys were picking on me." Riiiiiight...

The E 4 All expo would've been a convenience to Sakurai, being able to use info revealed there. We got Sonic, Online and Co-Op information in a span of 2 months, so I suppose its time to be disappointed with Japan Time updates until Brawl's release :P.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by chaofan; Oct 23, 2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: *My Post was Broken*
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:37 AM #1159 of 2408
Quoted for absolute truth. Real skill comes with the players who can utilize the items and dodge stage hazards. I never understood why some of the tourney's I've seen limit themselves to Final Destination without items -__-'. I mean, there's like 2GB of SSBM or so wasted because no one takes advantage of it...

One of my friends is a big tourney "(X) CHARACTER IS BROKEN!!!!" guy. Because of this, there was one time he, my girlfriend, my brother and I were just playing a friendly, "just for fun" match in Melee. Whereas me and my brother play Smash regularly, my girlfriend plays occasionally, but can deliver massive damage to those who underestimated her. She happened to win in the match, and while my brother and I just laughed and joked about how we lost to a girl, my friend started blabbing on,
"Oh, (character) is so cheap, he's broken, and I would've won if it were 1-on-1. And you guys were picking on me." Riiiiiight...

Yea I don't have a problem when someone's deep into a game. The problem being, is that if they don't win, they somehow find an excuse of that they lost, and not in a kidding/being funny complaining, but serious complaining. I mean hell, I dunno how people take "professional gaming" to a level? I mean shoot....if you could get money just by being good at a game as a job, I'd think everyone would do it.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a profession though, because I wouldn't consider it work. The general description of a profession is an occupation, such as law, medicine, or engineering, that requires considerable training and specialized study. Calling "playing games at a different level than average gamers" is hardly specialized study.

FELIPE NO
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:40 AM #1160 of 2408
Already seen this one from EFA cam videos.

Snooooooreeeeeeeeennui.
Seriously? Seriously? Those cam videos were HORRIBLE with the skipping and the compression and the fucking retarded music over top of them.

Plus there's the Matrixing when Diddy fires the bullets. DIDN'T SEE THAT FROM THE CAM VIDEOS OH WAIT RETARDED FRAME RATE DUH.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:19 AM #1161 of 2408
wvlpvp, actually you could see all those videos clearly. There was just remix on top of them that we weren't interested in listening to. This update is nice but I'd rather that for filler stuff like this that they double it up. I'm glad that Adventure Mode is more fleshed out.

About playing Smash Bros. I have a decent amount of skill. I'm not a push-over but I'm certainly not a tourney level player. I play to have fun and cause chaos. And I'll do it any way that I can which is perfectly fair because I play random characters and work with what I get. My strategies are abundantly clear with the folks I play with but that just makes it more fun. They know when I start high rising it with Jigglypuff that I'm about to make a retarded rolling swing from the side but I still do it anyway even if I miss and die. I'll suck people in on the edge as Kirby and fall to my death. I'll attempt to grab and dive backwards as Kirby if they have enough damage as well. If I'm Peach you will have a turnip coming your way every second I can muster. If I can find that comfortable spot then I will juggle your ass with Ness using PK Feather (or whatever it is he says for his up special). I'll play pinata as Bowser and get all players to incur as much damage on me as possible which results in a lot of accidental conflicts. I'll toss bombs non-stop if I'm Link or Young Link. Everyone loves using Link's sword and spinning attacks but not me. I like abusing moves and strategies that aren't really great for winning fights but really mix a fight up a lot. Why? Because it's fun. I lose a whole heck of a lot, but my shenanigans can really turn a fight for the other players. You don't really lose when you are the random hazard player.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 23, 2007 at 08:22 AM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:28 AM #1162 of 2408
I like pissing people off with Jigglypuff.

Oh, and I thought it was PK THUNDER (only jappofied)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:45 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 12:15 AM #1163 of 2408
*ALOT OF EXPLAINING OF THE WAY HE PLAYS*
lol, sounds exactly like how I play most of the time. My favourite is playing as Captain Falcon and just constantly raining from the skies with a monsoon of Falcon Punches (Bunny Ears and the Metal Box really help with this). I definately come last alot when I play with my friends, but I can turn it on when somebody tries to smack talk the way I play.

Also I hadn't seen the video of DK yet. At first really didn't the eyes of his character model, but I am definately liking the other parts of the model more and more.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:56 AM #1164 of 2408
ahahaha Captain Falcon is hilarious to play as because he's such a spaz. I basically run everywhere I can doing FALCON HUGS and KNEE TO THE FACE to all that I can. Half my deaths are me falling off by accident. <3 Falcon~

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:12 AM #1165 of 2408
Hey, Acer, where are the decent videos, cuz all I saw was really low framerate + music (the music didn't skip, so yeah)

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:20 AM #1166 of 2408
http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/vi...tml#post517938

Additional Spam:
Hmmm... upon review it is rather skippy. It was tolerable though considering it was shit we hadn't seen before.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 23, 2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 12:24 AM #1167 of 2408
ahahaha Captain Falcon is hilarious to play as because he's such a spaz. I basically run everywhere I can doing FALCON HUGS and KNEE TO THE FACE to all that I can. Half my deaths are me falling off by accident. <3 Falcon~
Spamming his SHOW ME YOUR MOVES taunt on the Poke Floats level is one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time. =D Only second to picking someone up with DK then falling off the edge, only to spam his shoulder shrugging taunt when you both come back on screen.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:40 AM #1168 of 2408
Spamming his SHOW ME YOUR MOVES taunt on the Poke Floats level is one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time. =D Only second to picking someone up with DK then falling off the edge, only to spam his shoulder shrugging taunt when you both come back on screen.

After seeing that edited version of the Rasslor episode with only Captain Falcon's voice (Grunts, groans, Falcon PAUNCH, etc..) I can't mention him without a grin sprouting on my face. I think it's that he seems like he's trying way too hard to be cool or hardcore and it comes off as hilariously cheesy.
I hate his goddamn recovery though, it's been my demise many times.

Oh, and the voice helps.

How ya doing, buddy?

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:29 AM #1169 of 2408
After seeing that edited version of the Rasslor episode with only Captain Falcon's voice (Grunts, groans, Falcon PAUNCH, etc..) I can't mention him without a grin sprouting on my face.
I'd very much like to see this. =)

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:46 AM #1170 of 2408
I'd very much like to see this. =)
I wish I knew the damn tags for it, it was on Youtube and the entire episode was shrunk down to just ~1:30. I definitely should've bookmarked it alright.

How ya doing, buddy?

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:47 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2007, 02:47 AM #1171 of 2408
My brother and I have already started "BAGS"ing characters to use. I'm looking forward to using Ike, Link, Lucas, Meta Knight and Snake.

I wanna use Ike first (if he's not a secret character), as my main character was Marth. His speed, or lack thereof, is a bit concerning though and was the reason why I never chose Roy; I preferred the flexibility and agility of Marth.

As for Link, the Smashfags seem to infer that he has been improved. I loved Link in the 64 version but his sluggishness in Melee prevented me from using him a lot.

Having recently gone back to playing Melee on a regular basis, I found out what a potentially powerful guy Ness was. His Up+B move is devastating if used right, so I'm eager to test out Lucas and see how Earthbound is represented this time around.

I'm intrigued by Meta-Knight, as reports are that he was the most easiest to use and had great combos. Apart from Marth, most of the characters I use are slow, so I'm looking forward to mastering MK to counter my bro's annoyingly hardcore Fox.

As for Snake, I might make him the LOL character should Jigglypuff not be around. There's something about CQCing Nintendo characters that makes me wanna ROFL. If I were to use him seriously though, it'll be interesting to see how he'll translated to Brawl gameplay.

I left Sonic out because although his announcement exploded the internet, I have no interest in using "ultra-fast" characters. And at the moment he seems kind of bland. Meh.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:49 AM #1172 of 2408
I'll suck people in on the edge as Kirby and fall to my death.
I had a friend who does that to me when he chooses Kirby. I choose Donkey Kong sometimes and carry them off the edge while their character wiggles helplessly to their doom.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:14 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 10:14 AM #1173 of 2408
See, this is my line of thinking when I mock the Final Destination whores. Random terrain and hammers falling from the sky are as much a part of the game as anything else, and you're not really playing the game at all if you turn that stuff off. It's like playing Street Fighter, except saying you can only be Ryu or Ken, and no using special moves. I mean, if you want a static, level environment in which to show off your skills, then why are you playing Super Smash Bros?!

Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:30 AM #1174 of 2408
I wish I knew the damn tags for it, it was on Youtube and the entire episode was shrunk down to just ~1:30. I definitely should've bookmarked it alright.
Please keep me in mind if you ever stumble across it again. =)

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:26 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2007, 12:26 PM #1175 of 2408
My favorite thing to do is play as Pikachu and use his down-B nonstop. I've gotten so many WTF kills where I know I'm going to fall to my death, so I try to just place myself underneath two people that are battling and zap both with lightning.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl