Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Mario Rising

Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:35 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 12:35 AM 1 #1 of 49
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:52 AM #2 of 49

ABUHHHHHHHH?

That's an interesting piece of news. They found a reason to make Dead Rising $50 again.

I'll probably own a 360 before that even comes out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:50 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 12:50 PM #3 of 49
Unless they do something really, REALLY interesting with the Wii version (being told to waggle QTE when a zombie grabs you is simply not enough), there'll be absolutely no point to get this. A large part of the original's appeal was the superb visuals and scale. I suppose Capcom hopes a Wii version will sell better in Japan.

How ya doing, buddy?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:40 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 08:40 PM #4 of 49
Here's a non-stink version;

Spoiler:

I think Capcom just has a big barrel they spin at the office, with like a thousand tickets in it. Each one has the name of a game they've already made, then they port it to Wii. Doesn't matter if nobody wants it (Resident Evil 0) or it makes no real sense (this), THE BARREL IS EVERYTHING.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Jul 16, 2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: rehosting~
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:06 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 01:06 PM #5 of 49
Oh u Capcom, where's my Dead Rising 2!

Dead Rising is one of the best games ever made, but only on the 360 (or PS3). There's no way it'll work on the Wii, unless it does, in which case it... does. But, I can't see it working, is what I'm sayin'.

Just... I just hope that this means Dead Rising 2 is being made.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by surasshu; Jul 16, 2008 at 06:49 AM.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:19 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 09:19 PM #6 of 49
Oh u Capcom, where's my Dead Rising 2!
It'll probably be a mobile phone game.

"Up to one enemy on-screen at any given time!"

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:44 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 01:44 PM #7 of 49
I bet the mini-games will be great though. "See how far Mario and friends can throw a zombie by shaking the Wiimote! Stop Mario and friends getting eaten by zombies by shaking the Wiimote! Help Mario and friends headshot the zombies by pointing the Wiimote at them! Use your Miis as zombies and see which of Mario or his friends can kill the most by shaking the Wiimote!".

Also, once the ridiculously small text is scaled up to Wii resolution you won't be able to see anything else on the screen.

FELIPE NO
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:55 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 11:25 PM 2 #8 of 49
I'm going to start a count on how many times Shin can use the same weak, ignorant joke and still think he's being smart and witty.

I also love how this is the best news I've heard this week and it's not from e3.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:04 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 02:04 PM #9 of 49
I hope you're good at counting then. I am simply working off the experience of Wii releases in the UK which almost exclusively feature Mario, mini-games and Wiimote wiggling. It's also true that Nintendo are overly fond of taking games from other platforms and dumping Mario into them before releasing them. One day a game might come along for the Wii and prove me wrong but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:18 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 11:48 PM #10 of 49
No! A Wii game that utilises it's features? That cannot be!

Quote:
It's also true that Nintendo are overly fond of taking games from other platforms and dumping Mario into them before releasing them.
Give me a fucking break. The only games I can think of that have done this is DDR and NBA Street. If you have any more examples, preferrably in the last couple of years because you seem to think this has occured on the Wii.

Also I'd like you to please explain how this detracts from any of the gameplay already present?

K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:32 AM #11 of 49
Give me a fucking break. The only games I can think of that have done this is DDR and NBA Street. If you have any more examples, preferrably in the last couple of years because you seem to think this has occured on the Wii.
MGS: The Twin Snakes

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:36 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 12:06 AM #12 of 49
I'd love for you to elaborate.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 08:59 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 05:59 AM #13 of 49
Well in Twin Snakes, a plushie of Mario and Luigi appear in the game that you can shoot at to make a Mario sound.

Also you can see a gamecube on a desk somewhere in the game.

I think a Wii version is a neat idea. I mean, actually feeling like you ARE bashing zombies instead of pressing buttons and free aiming is a nice feature. Theres some obvious downgrade in the graphics side, but not that big of a deal to me.

And its obvious this is so the game might do better in Japan on the Wii, and if it does, we may get a 2nd game. I just hope god forbid they fix the text in the Wii and the Maybe-2nd-game.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:23 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 02:23 PM 1 #14 of 49
I hope you're good at counting then. I am simply working off the experience of Wii releases in the UK which almost exclusively feature Mario, mini-games and Wiimote wiggling. It's also true that Nintendo are overly fond of taking games from other platforms and dumping Mario into them before releasing them. One day a game might come along for the Wii and prove me wrong but I ain't gonna hold my breath.
I don't really think that argument applies here, mate. Resident Evil 4 doesn't suffer from this problem. Boom Blox is an underappreciated game that makes great use of the hardware. The port of Canis Canem Edit is solid. Elebits, a launch title, is original and entertaining. Fire Emblem is a good entry in the series from what I've heard. The list of worthwhile games which don't fit your view of the Wii is pretty long.

As for Nintendo injecting their own IPs into ports - what? NBA Street 3 and whatever that one SSX game was are the only two that come to mind, and they were on the Gamecube. Three years ago. Soul Calibur II doesn't count as an example as the PS2 and Xbox versions of the game did something similar. The Twin Snakes was co-directed by Miyamoto and Kojima, so a Mario cameo was inevitable. (On the flipside, why aren't you ragging on Konami for shunting Snake into Smash Bros?)

I don't deny that the vast majority of the Wii's library is trite shovelware garbage, but attaching that line of reasoning to a game like Dead Rising makes no sense. That'd be like me storming into a Fable 2 thread and moaning about how the 360's library is full of post-apocalyptic first-person-shooters with war-weary fuzz-headed supersoldier protagonists.

On the contrary to what you appear to believe, this is the kind of thing the Wii needs. An original game would be much nicer than a port, but then again, it's Capcom.

How ya doing, buddy?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:48 AM #15 of 49

You shoot Yoshi, he says "Yoshi!" You shoot Mario, a 1-up sound is made and your health recovers a little. I thought it was a bit handy after the battle you had in there.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:23 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 05:23 PM #16 of 49
Ok, fair enough, I am exaggerating a little but Nintendo's advertising campaigns do them no favours. The only adverts I've seen on tv for Wii games that haven't featured Mario were for Guitar Hero and Boom Blox and the GH ad featured an old man touching up a young boy and the Boom Blox one had a bunch of four year old kids in it. The insertion of Mario into everything was more of a Gamecube thing (Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Soccer) but most other things you listed were ports and I can't think of anyone I know over the age of 13 who owns a Wii who doesn't also own either a 360 or PS3. Maybe that's just round here and there are people all over the world with only a Wii who have never had the opportunity to play Canis Canem Edit or Dead Rising or Metal Gear and are thankful for downgraded ports that cost twice the amount you pick up the superior version on the original platform for. In my experience though, the Wii is strictly a second console, one that you only use when you've got mates round after the pub and to be fair, it's great for that. I don't see how porting games like this will help any. If you're a serious gamer rather than a mates-round-pissed gamer and want to play Dead Rising, chances are you've got a 360 and could just play it on that. What self respecting "Serious" gamer chose a Wii when the three current gen options presented themselves anyway? None of them, or at any rate none of them with a wage or salary rather than pocket money to spend on it.

DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:40 AM #17 of 49
Ok, fair enough, I am exaggerating a little but Nintendo's advertising campaigns do them no favours. The only adverts I've seen on tv for Wii games that haven't featured Mario were for Guitar Hero and Boom Blox and the GH ad featured an old man touching up a young boy and the Boom Blox one had a bunch of four year old kids in it. The insertion of Mario into everything was more of a Gamecube thing (Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Soccer) but most other things you listed were ports and I can't think of anyone I know over the age of 13 who owns a Wii who doesn't also own either a 360 or PS3. Maybe that's just round here and there are people all over the world with only a Wii who have never had the opportunity to play Canis Canem Edit or Dead Rising or Metal Gear and are thankful for downgraded ports that cost twice the amount you pick up the superior version on the original platform for. In my experience though, the Wii is strictly a second console, one that you only use when you've got mates round after the pub and to be fair, it's great for that. I don't see how porting games like this will help any. If you're a serious gamer rather than a mates-round-pissed gamer and want to play Dead Rising, chances are you've got a 360 and could just play it on that. What self respecting "Serious" gamer chose a Wii when the three current gen options presented themselves anyway? None of them, or at any rate none of them with a wage or salary rather than pocket money to spend on it.
They're practically non existant on here, but there are Nintendo fanboys out there who refuse to have anything that's not a Nintendo system. I have at least one on my AIM friendlist. One of my co workers is the same way except he actually has a PS2, but the Wii is his only next gen console. Just because people like you, me, and others on here are logical enough to buy the system that has the games we want, doesn't mean everyone is.

Sony and Microsoft have fans like this too. Why do you think there is so much Rage whenever a system loses an exclusive? Fanboys see it as a blow to their console god.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Out thought and out fought."

Last edited by DarkMageOzzie; Jul 17, 2008 at 05:44 AM.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:30 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 11:00 PM 1 #18 of 49
Replying to another Shin trainwreck because someone has to.

Maybe that's just round here and there are people all over the world with only a Wii who have never had the opportunity to play Canis Canem Edit or Dead Rising or Metal Gear and are thankful for downgraded ports that cost twice the amount you pick up the superior version on the original platform for.
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was a remake of the original MGS for PSX and is nowhere near the inferior version of the game.

I can't vouch for Dead Rising, but if it follows every "Wii-make" I have played then it's going to be from the inferior version of the game. Every Wii-make I have played has been a pretty vast improvement over its other-console counterpart. This includes: The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Bully, Okami, RE4 and Scarface.

You're talking out your ass from what I can see. Play the games then form a judgement.

Quote:
I don't see how porting games like this will help any. If you're a serious gamer rather than a mates-round-pissed gamer and want to play Dead Rising, chances are you've got a 360 and could just play it on that. What self respecting "Serious" gamer chose a Wii when the three current gen options presented themselves anyway? None of them, or at any rate none of them with a wage or salary rather than pocket money to spend on it.
I hoping this is riddled with sarcasm or the entire thing is just a joke. Perhaps you're just a fucking retard.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:15 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 03:15 PM #19 of 49
I've been ignoring your almost RABicle like devotion for Nintendo so far, but:
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes was a remake of the original MGS for PSX and is nowhere near the inferior version of the game.
Excuse me, what? Twin Snakes WAS the inferior game. What on earth are you talking about?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:25 AM #20 of 49
Excuse me, what? Twin Snakes WAS the inferior game. What on earth are you talking about?
Do yourself the favor of just not talking to that guy. He's the basic portent of the impossible, ineffable combination that is arrogant stupidity. Arrogant people you can get around because you can peel away at their ego, stupid people you can outwit - but arrogant stupidity is like trying to fuck a brick wall without a hole.

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:19 AM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 04:19 PM #21 of 49

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:40 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2008, 11:40 AM #22 of 49
I do that when I realize it's Jehovah's Witnesses at the front door.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 03:11 AM #23 of 49
You know, for someone whos on a gaming-anime-nerd website, how the fuck can you complain about a game taking pages from japanese action cinema?

Are you sure you're on the right website?

FELIPE NO
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 04:53 AM Local time: Jul 18, 2008, 12:53 PM #24 of 49
While I prefer the original MGS, you can't exactly call Twin Snakes a downport in any kind of way. It's a great piece of work, plus the Kitamura cutscenes are hilarious.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 06:40 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2008, 06:40 PM #25 of 49
Dead Rising is one of the best games ever made, but only on the 360 (or PS3).
Yeah, I'd have to agree that the game is better on a platform that it isn't available for. If you're going to troll, at least do so without making it so obvious.

There's no way it'll work on the Wii, unless it does, in which case it... does. But, I can't see it working, is what I'm sayin'.
Read as: "God I hope nobody buys it for this system and if they do, my monstrous nerd-rage will emerge in frustration because I didn't have any actual basis for my disagreement."

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Mario Rising