Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Creative Handoff

whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:03 PM #1 of 4
Creative Handoff

So, I got his idea from Surface, one of many ongoing comics where somebody writes/draws the first page, then another artist picks up the second page, then another artist does the thrid page, ect.

I'd like to do something similar here.

So, if anybody's interested, this is what i'm thinking: screw comic form. Do whatever you like to do. If you write, write a page, a paragraph even. You make drawings, make a comic page, even a single frame.

There is only one rule: Continue the story.

I'll start:
Quote:
It all starts with an image: a lone figure stands on the edge of a cliff. The landscape is white, the sky is white, the ground is covered in snow, and the cliff fades down into mist. The figure’s feet are half over the ledge, he looks down, straight down, into the mist. He is thinking. The trees behind them are wet with snow. He can feel the dampness, the cold, in his mouth. Like metal. And he wants to drink it. Drink the snow in one, breathless swallow. So he can feel the cold run down through the core of his being. Freezing his lungs, his stomach, his heart, into stillness. He wants to be frozen. To stay there, for centuries, standing at the edge of a cliff looking down. And then, one day, when it’s spring, he’ll thaw, and maybe the restlessness will have gone out from his body.
Down the cliff, under the mist, there’s a river. The river still flows, slowly, the banks frosted with snow and ice. Water caresses the backs of rocks like a sigh from Death himself. And it’s all so wet, the dampness everywhere: in the ground, in the rocks, in the air even. So much you could drown in it. Like Ophelia, only in some deep eddy of a mountain stream. The blood slowing down to a crawl, ice clinging to golden strands of hair.
The man on the edge of the cliff thinks about the air, how wet it is, how penguins in the Antarctic ocean swim through all that frozen seawater, and leans forward.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:39 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 10:39 AM #2 of 4
Originally Posted by whinehurst
The man on the edge of the cliff thinks about the air, how wet it is, how penguins in the Antarctic ocean swim through all that frozen seawater, and leans forward.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:22 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 01:22 PM #3 of 4
F

A

L

L

L

I

N

G

. . . . D . . . .

. . . O . . .

. . W . .

. N .

Into the mist's cold caress

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database

Last edited by Dullenplain; Aug 15, 2006 at 02:24 PM.
whinehurst
It's a Psudonym.

Member 9766

Level 14.57

Jul 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:25 PM #4 of 4

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > Creative Handoff