Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Successfully getting a torrent fired up on Mininova

Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 06:32 PM #1 of 3
Successfully getting a torrent fired up on Mininova

So I've created a torrent and put all four trackers from the mininova torrent upload page into it, and uploaded it to mininova.

BUT....there are a couple of things going wrong here.

First, my torrent is only using the first tracker I put into it. (In uTorrent, I seperated them by pressing the Enter key in the trackers field in the create new .torrent window to make it go to the next line where I could paste the next tracker URL.) Other than possibly not entering the rest of the trackers correctly, I don't see why all four aren't being used.

I've given up on trying to use multiple trackers. Instead, I'm just going to use the http://tracker.prq.to/announce one, which seems to be used by a lot of torrents. The third problem still applies though.

Second, Mininova reports that six people have currently downloaded my torrent, but no leechers are connecting to me. I force the tracker to update, but they're still not coming in to me. I guess it's possible that they downloaded the torrent but decided not to run it....but I doubt that.

Third, Mininova also reports that there are not seeders for this torrent, even though I'm seeding it now. I've noticed that some torrents on Mininova have no information because (I guess) the Mininova coding doesn't work with the tracker of those torrents. I've also noticed that a lot of newly submitted torrents report 1 seeder, 0 leechers. But mine says 0 seeders, 0 leechers even though it should read 1 seeder and something like 5 leechers. What gives?

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can give me!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Joe Wiewel; Oct 11, 2006 at 07:41 PM.
Dan Walker
No One Else's Angel

Member 13794

Level 2.97

Oct 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 05:58 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 10:58 AM #2 of 3
Well, first of all, Mininova is huge and is running on an old programming. The numbers on the site are rarely correct and it takes a lot of activity on the torrent to actually reach those interesting seed numbers.

The torrent community is massive, and the amount of leechers (people who download and think "bah, someone else will have to see because I'm selfish) is waaay greater than good people, so the guys that download your torrent are very likely to not seed it after they've downloaded it.

If you've got x people downloading from you, then that's the real number. Mininova needs a serious touchup, because half the time it either shows more numbers or less. I don't know how they managed that, but if they're running the old pot I think they are, then the programme they're using must be looking for far too detailed descriptions on uploaders/downloaders.

Truth is, the only torrents that shoot high within a week are newly released games because that's the one reason that many people use torrent for.
If you want some activity on your torrent, see if you can have some friends download it and watch the tracker either screw up again or fix itself. I'm afraid it's very difficult to upload your stuff to mininova. I mean, especially since they almost got booted off the internet a couple of years ago.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"For many years I wondered what the one question I would ask Fate was if I ever got the chance. The moment I realised what I had in life, I know that all I would tell Fate, would be Thank you, because I know that whatever happens to me, if she is by my side, I will be ok" - Dan Emanuel Walker

Last edited by Dan Walker; Oct 12, 2006 at 06:00 AM.
Joe Wiewel
hard worker

Member 259

Level 18.63

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 08:12 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 08:12 PM #3 of 3
Yeah, I know that there are a lot of leecher assholes out there that don't bother to at least seed until the ratio is back up to 1.000. And you're right, I need a few other people to help me out with seeding. In fact, there were a few people here on these boards that wanted what I am distributing now, so I'll see if I can't get any of them to do my bidding.

Yeah, Mininova takes forever to get their shit updated. I am downloading something right now that has several peers and two leechers when it still says it has 1 seed, 0 leechers from when it was posted last night!

Also, for the torrent I'm seeding with the tracker mentioned above, it still says 0 seeders, 0 leechers. I made a comment on my torrent page saying that I am seeding it, so hopefully that will coax some more people into downloading it.

I searched around the Mininova boards and found out that they only update their stats four times a day, but sometimes the common trackers are overloaded so they don't get a response back about the seeder/leecher stats. So I guess according to them, it's the tracker's fault. But it sounds to me like the software they use needs to be programmed to wait longer for a response from the trackers. After all, the tracker that I'm using always responds when I force it to update, so I don't see why my stats haven't updated since I uploaded the torrent about 48 hours ago. Since I've uploaded it, I've consistently had about 10-15 leechers.

...But the ones that completed the torrent didn't stick around to seed. You're right, getting stuff well distributed through Mininova is hard.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Successfully getting a torrent fired up on Mininova