Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:21 PM #26 of 342
Yeah, I picked up my copy Friday. Honestly, Kojima's even crazier then we thought if he really believed he could get away with something like that. I applaud his attempt to make MGS more mature, but this isn't the way to do it. It would garner more laughs than anything else. No matter what he says, a woman running around with one boob hanging out just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the disc isn't so much a summary as it is a short interview for each game. It's short, but still worth watching. The highlight are the trailers found, including the highest possible resolution for MGS4, and a hilarious trailer for the online portion for MGS3 that I haven't seen (I can't wait to play that game).

I'm still skeptical about Kojima swearing that MGS4 will be the final tale in the series, and it contradicts earlier reports that it was supposed to be the beginning of a new series (possibly with Raiden as the lead).

Double Post:
Oh, any word on what the other DVD volumes will be about, and when they'll arrive?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 6, 2006 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:26 PM #27 of 342
Metal Gear Solid 4: Laughing Titty

I don't think Vamp's immortality needs to be explained, but I can't wait to see the explanation behind Liquid's hand.

Of course you find out it's Dr. Naomi using nanos, or some stupid bullshit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:34 PM #28 of 342
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I'm still skeptical about Kojima swearing that MGS4 will be the final tale in the series, and it contradicts earlier reports that it was supposed to be the beginning of a new series (possibly with Raiden as the lead).

Double Post:
Oh, any word on what the other DVD volumes will be about, and when they'll arrive?
Well that was the idea after MGS2 but the reaction to Raiden was less than favorable from gamers and fans so that canned any ideas for a new spinoff or series involving just Raiden. MGS4 will be the one to tie up and finish the storyline/series from MGS1-3 and at least the last Metal Gear title for Solid Snake.

Speaking of MGS4, right now they're working on the motion capture phase for the game while some of the team are sight seeing, taking photos for reference located between Norway and South Africa.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 08:50 PM #29 of 342
Originally Posted by Simo
Speaking of MGS4, right now they're working on the motion capture phase for the game while some of the team are sight seeing, taking photos for reference located between Norway and South Africa.
Heard about that on the latest HideChan. errm, THE KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS REPORT SESSION 006
Interesting stuff.
Now I feel kind of pissed that I'm going to have to wait until my Subsistence comes in the mail before I get Saga; Damn. Oh well, at least I have the Limited Edition now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Love it.
Darkelf
used to be XenoMorph

Member 1510

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:25 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:25 AM #30 of 342
Okay I haven't seen anything about the Limited edition appearing in Europe, but is in the works and when will it come out? As much as I love MGS I don't want to mod my PS2 just for this game alone.

Besides, is the 3rd disc (the movie) a regular DVD or is it only playable in the console?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:56 PM #31 of 342
Originally Posted by Darkelf
Okay I haven't seen anything about the Limited edition appearing in Europe, but is in the works and when will it come out? As much as I love MGS I don't want to mod my PS2 just for this game alone.

Besides, is the 3rd disc (the movie) a regular DVD or is it only playable in the console?
I believe Subsistence is heading over to Europe but they're kind of pissing about with the features. For example, the Platinum AKA "Greatest Hits" budget re-release of MGS3 will have the Metal Gear Saga DVD bundled in with it. They'll probably just release the 3 disc set of Subsistence rather than 2 pricing options.

The 3rd disc isn't a DVD either and can only be played on your PS2.

FELIPE NO
iamamoogle
Chimera

Member 1516

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:01 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:01 AM #32 of 342
I've learned not to preorder games with bonuses from the actuall store locations now. I remember preordering Xenosaga to get the shirt nad lithograph... and they didn't have any... and then after I get home from picking up the game, they call and tell me that they have shirts... and no lithographs. *sighs* So I've learned to just preorer online and then get the stuff with the game... I did that with Baten Kaitos to get the wallscroll... and now with MGS3:S. I also preordered the Limited Edition. I was really worried that they decided not to produce it since I didn't see it on the site anymore... I guess it actually is limited edition then...

I'm picking it up since I never got around to getting regular MGS3, and since I have Twin Snakes (and the PSX VR Missions) and MGS2:Substance, I figured I may as well get this one with all the cool extras as well. I'm just wondering if they'll do the same thing with MGS4... you know release it, then 6 months to a year later release it again with a whole lot of new cool stuff... Plus its cool that we get the old MSX Metal Gear games... I tried playing it on an emulator years ago but it just didn't feel right.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:55 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:55 PM #33 of 342
Someone know what will be added to USA version? There will be limited edition:

Release Data:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Limited Edition) 03/14/06 (USA)

But I don't know what will be included =/

Most amazing jew boots
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:06 PM #34 of 342
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
Someone know what will be added to USA version? There will be limited edition:

Release Data:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Limited Edition) 03/14/06 (USA)

But I don't know what will be included =/
3 Discs in total:
Disc 1-Subsistence
  • The Ultimate Version of MGS3. New 3rd Person Camera. New Face Paints & Camouflage. New Difficulty mode-European Extreme
  • Demo Theater. Vew all the in-game cinematics in MGS3 that can be edited with different camouflage and face paints on Snake plus a secret "Peeping" mode.

Disc 2-Persistence
  • Duel Mode. Relive the battles with all the game's bosses in 2 special modes.
  • New Snake Vs Monkey Missions.
  • Secret Theater. A collection of hilarious movies using the MGS3 engine. Also includes Metal Gear Raiden-Snake Eraser trailer.
  • Full versions of Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake as they appeared on the MSX.
  • Online Multiplayer.

Disc 3-Existence [LE Version Only]
  • Snake Eater: The Movie. Re-cut scenes, radio dialogues, and gameplay sequences from MGS3 are edited into this 3.5 hour cinema production.

The regular edition consists of just Discs 1 & 2 and retails for $29.99 while the Limited Edition version features the 3rd Disc, Existence, and is $39.99. Preordering either version would of netted you the Metal Gear Saga DVD, a sit down with Hideo Kojima where he discusses the Metal Gear series past, present and future.

Last edited by Simo; Mar 8, 2006 at 05:09 PM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:11 PM #35 of 342
It's the Existence disc, where all the cut scenes were merged together to form a 3.5 hour movie. There's supposedly going to be some added narration and re-cut scenes. Also comes with the MGS4 trailer

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_su...existence.html

Definitely a gem that fans of the series won't wanna miss.

EDIT: Ah, Simo beat me to it.

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 06:34 PM #36 of 342
I was wondering about the radio scenes, so it's confirmed there will be some radio scenes? Cause if they wanna make it into a movie a lot of important story parts are told in radio convos. Anyway 1 MORE WEEK!! Can't wait and hopefully ill see some of ya online =]

How ya doing, buddy?
Pietak
HEY!!!

Member 1652

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:33 PM #37 of 342
yup! I'll most definetly be under - "Pietak". Too bad that I have to wait for shipping before the bloody game arrives.

Love it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:52 PM #38 of 342
Actually, speaking about the codec, has it been confirmed if the codec screens will load up faster? The most major problem I had with MGS3 was the lag every time you opened up the codec. It would take a good 5 seconds just to call someone, and then the dialogue skips a little when the person starts talking. I had to put it on HD Loader because I just couldn't stand it. I hope Subsistence fixed it.

How ya doing, buddy?
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:01 PM #39 of 342
I just want to clarify something, is the limited edition being sold in Canada?
I have checked futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca and they only have the regular listed for a price of $39.99. If it isn't being sold in Canada, will the game still come with the third disc?
Unfortunately, EBGames doesn't have a Canadian site that can confirm this for me, so I ask gamingforce! ;P

FELIPE NO
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:58 PM #40 of 342
Originally Posted by espressivo
I just want to clarify something, is the limited edition being sold in Canada?
I have checked futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca and they only have the regular listed for a price of $39.99. If it isn't being sold in Canada, will the game still come with the third disc?
Unfortunately, EBGames doesn't have a Canadian site that can confirm this for me, so I ask gamingforce! ;P
It's not coming to Canada unfortunately. Confirmed it myself, when I stopped in to pick up Onimusha DoD.

Only the regular, 2 disc, edition is available to us.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:36 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 02:36 AM #41 of 342
I don't even think any of the Canadian EBs got the bloody PO bonus disc.

Thank God I had a buddy preorder an LE for me in the states. (Daravon is the fucking man. <3)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:51 AM #42 of 342
Damn so I need to get Limited Edition then =P Thanks for info =)

"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:56 AM #43 of 342
Originally Posted by B4-Hunter
Damn so I need to get Limited Edition then =P Thanks for info =)
If you can. EBgames and GameStop stopped taking preorders for the LE version about 2 weeks ago. They've apparently stopped preorders for the Regular edition too now so I'm not sure what the availibility is for either version or whether or not you can actually walk in and purchase them in-store.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:10 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:10 AM #44 of 342
Originally Posted by JUST DECLARED WAR
I don't even think any of the Canadian EBs got the bloody PO bonus disc.

Thank God I had a buddy preorder an LE for me in the states. (Daravon is the fucking man. <3)
They do, just picked up mine today. Unfortunately they didn't phone me about it, had to ask when I went in to get Onimusha DoD.

Man, BS how we can get the Saga disc and but not the LE.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:10 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:10 AM #45 of 342
did anyone check out the Secret Theatre with snake doing rock paper scissors?
funny stuff..

Double Post:
Is there anyone besides me who had the import for a while?

Last edited by makura; Mar 9, 2006 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:46 AM #46 of 342
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Actually, speaking about the codec, has it been confirmed if the codec screens will load up faster? The most major problem I had with MGS3 was the lag every time you opened up the codec. It would take a good 5 seconds just to call someone, and then the dialogue skips a little when the person starts talking. I had to put it on HD Loader because I just couldn't stand it. I hope Subsistence fixed it.
They have as well as improved the framerate and the 'Survival Viewer' loads quicker now too.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:39 PM #47 of 342
Excellent news. And how's the new camera? Would you say it's better or worse then the original viewpoint?

FELIPE NO
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:04 PM #48 of 342
Is that humorous scene where Snake kisses that older guy included in this game.

I'd buy it just for that.

espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:54 PM #49 of 342
Sucks... Hopefully the existence disc is a normal DVD... then i can download it haha!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 06:51 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:51 PM #50 of 342
Originally Posted by Legato
Is that humorous scene where Snake kisses that older guy included in this game.

I'd buy it just for that.
You're talking about the CIA guy not getting his handshake, getting revenge, and then dance and kiss? Yes it's in there.
The Secret Theatre has a couple more new movies that I didn't see in the "secret theatre" of the official website of mgs3 a long time ago including the Raiden's Snake Eraser thing.
Also, I found the "peep show" inside the Demo Theatre. Peep Show is nothing but all the scenes with EVA with a pink tint and focusing more on Snake's funny reactions to EVA (instead of how you saw in the regular game.)

Last edited by makura; Mar 10, 2006 at 02:19 PM.

Tags
best majym, links zuppd

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence