Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 12:03 AM #1 of 10
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

I can't believe a thread hasn't been made about this game yet! It looks, quite simply, AMAZING. Here's a quote from IGN's new preview of the game:
Quote:
Banana Blitz features 50 mini-games, including such favorites as Monkey Target -- a mini that by itself is enough to make us want the title. However, this is a series that has largely been about the spectacular single-player puzzle stages and it is here that, without a doubt, Banana Blitz does not disappoint. At the end of our two hours with the game, we didn't want to stop, and we nearly ran out of tape because we kept recording ourselves going through levels again and again as we tried for the best shortcuts. Monkey Ball fans are going to eat this title up and keep coming back for the mini-games. We see absolutely no reason at this stage why Banana Blitz shouldn't be on everybody's must-buy list when Wii launches this November.
So, yeah. I want it. Bad. And you should want it too.

Discuss.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 03:54 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 02:54 AM #2 of 10
I've never played a Monkey Ball game before. Are they any good?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Dubble; Oct 12, 2006 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 03:35 PM #3 of 10
They're a bunch of fun. It's nothing too in-depth, but it's definitely fun for hours and hours of light gameplay and minigames.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
KnowsNothing
BANANA PHOOOONE

Member 229

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:39 PM #4 of 10
How can you not like Monkey Ball.

The main puzzle mode is the most fantastic thing EVER, as capo said it's light stuff that you can play over and over again. The minigames are pretty good, although the only one I really liked was Monkey Target (even though there are only like three maps...).

I don't have enough money to get this at launch, but I definitely will later on. Monkey Ball is a PERFECT match for the Wii controller.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:40 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 04:40 PM #5 of 10
Originally Posted by Dubble
I've only played the first Monkey Ball, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The controls are simple, and the game is reminiscent of Marble Madness. The single-player mode starts off easy, but the levels get insanely difficult on the higher levels. However, the multiplayer games in Super Monkey Ball are also enjoyable if you have friends willing to play the games.

I haven't really checked on the series as a whole, though.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 06:43 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 04:43 PM #6 of 10
Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 are awesome entertainment. Adequate graphics (some of the stage backgrounds are rather pretty, actually), great music, challenging and inventive levels, and (most importantly) super smooth gameplay. Definitely pick them up if you see them around anywhere, especially since they should be pretty cheap.

I'm wary of how Banana Blitz will turn out, since the most important part of the games are the controls, and bad things happen when they're not perfect; cf. Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the Xbox. If the controls are handled well, the game could be a natural fit for the Wii, although it might get tiring after a while trying to balance the remote perfectly. Then again, it could also turn out be a disgusting, unresponsive mess.

I'm hopin' for the possibility of being able to control the game with the nunchucku too.

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2006, 05:50 PM #7 of 10
Having played it before, I can't say I really liked it that much. The only things that were even worth the effort of plugging in a controller was the arcade style shooting thing and the rolling around punching the shit out of other monkeys. I can see it being more involving for the Wii, and I really hope it delivers.

FELIPE NO
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 11:40 AM #8 of 10
You really have to play it to understand what it's like.

If the single player mode here really delivers, it'll be the best game ever. With FIFTY mini-games it's already confirmed best multiplayer game ever. Hopefully for the main game they include the "challenge mode" or whatever it was called where two players could play it at the same time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 01:29 AM #9 of 10
Originally Posted by CHz
I'm wary of how Banana Blitz will turn out, since the most important part of the games are the controls, and bad things happen when they're not perfect; cf. Super Monkey Ball Deluxe for the Xbox. If the controls are handled well, the game could be a natural fit for the Wii, although it might get tiring after a while trying to balance the remote perfectly. Then again, it could also turn out be a disgusting, unresponsive mess.
According to IGN (sorry for using them again, they're the only real source at the moment), it controls like a dream. It obviously takes a few minutes to get used to it, but Mr. Cassamassina couldn't put it down once he did a few levels. I guess that means something. :biggrin:
At least I HOPE!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:17 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 10:17 PM #10 of 10
Thanks a lot IGN. Reading their preview makes me want to buy a Wii at launch for this game alone. I loved the original game on the GC. Too bad about the sequel.

Must resist the urge to buy.

Oh yeah, it seems the switches are gone. Thank god for that!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz